[DISCUSSION] The Official JellyBean Discussion Thread

Search This thread

OptimusL

Apr 6, 2013
Hmm I'm not liking the battery drain issue with jelly bean, i hope that doesn't happen to me.

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk 2

kevev

May 22, 2006
I have been running the Canadian Wind Mobile V21B JB ROM for about a day. It is a very clean ROM. Very fast performance.

The battery life seems pretty good too.

Here are the few issues with it that I have been able to resolve:

1.) Performing a factory reset on the ROM looses all APN settings that came from V20D. You will need to enter them manually for every cellular network you connect to:

I copied them from my other L9.

Name: T-Mobile GPRS
APN: epc.tmobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4

Name: T-Mobile GPRS (IPv6)
APN protocol: IPv6

2.) Wifi-Calling missing:

I have not tried to figure this one out yet. I am guessing we need the V20D kernel, settings apk, wifi-calling apk.

Reactions: kuma82

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
I have been running the Canadian Wind Mobile V21B JB ROM for about a day. It is a very clean ROM. Very fast performance.

The battery life seems pretty good too.

Here are the few issues with it that I have been able to resolve:

1.) Performing a factory reset on the ROM looses all APN settings that came from V20D. You will need to enter them manually for every cellular network you connect to:

I copied them from my other L9.

Name: T-Mobile GPRS
APN protocol: IPv4

Name: T-Mobile GPRS (IPv6)
APN protocol: IPv6

2.) Wifi-Calling missing:

I have not tried to figure this one out yet. I am guessing we need the V20D kernel, settings apk, wifi-calling apk.

Remove the apns-conf.xml file... Edit it with Notepad++ to have your APN settings in it. Move it back with a root explorer of choice... Alternatively, you could make it a flashable zip and just do it from recovery.

Thanks for the review... I may try this out. I'm pretty happy with the stock rooted Tmo, now that I have removed all of Tmo's stuff, and most of LG's.

kevev

May 22, 2006
Remove the apns-conf.xml file... Edit it with Notepad++ to have your APN settings in it. Move it back with a root explorer of choice... Alternatively, you could make it a flashable zip and just do it from recovery.

Thanks for the review... I may try this out. I'm pretty happy with the stock rooted Tmo, now that I have removed all of Tmo's stuff, and most of LG's.

The xml file has the T-Mobile APN settings. But for some reason the phone never connects to data and the APN screen is blank. That is why I entered them manually.

OptimusL

Apr 6, 2013
Well since I updated to jelly bean, I've been able to move apps to SD just like in gingerbread. As you can see from my screenshot I've moved pocket to SD card.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369587419153.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369587419153.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 206

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Well since I updated to jelly bean, I've been able to move apps to SD just like in gingerbread. As you can see from my screenshot I've moved pocket to SD card.

Do you know if the data is moving as well?
Can you post a shot (or list) of all of the files that have moved to the sd for that app? I have a pretty good setup with link2sd on the t mobile jelly. However, not everything gets transferred with link2sd. I've been thing about switching to the Canadian version.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

OptimusL

Apr 6, 2013
Do you know if the data is moving as well?
Can you post a shot (or list) of all of the files that have moved to the sd for that app? I have a pretty good setup with link2sd on the t mobile jelly. However, not everything gets transferred with link2sd. I've been thing about switching to the Canadian version.

Hmm it doesn't look like the data is moved to SD.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369636629874.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369636629874.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 156
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369636642071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369636642071.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 153

OptimusL

Apr 6, 2013
Es file explore is a nice app but it does show when (if it does my bad) a file has been symbolic linked/moved to another location like smanager
Screenshot_2013_05_27_07_30_19.png

I just did a little searching on ES. This shows which apps are on the SD card.
etu9usu7.jpg

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mjb1994

Nov 5, 2008
Santa Maria, CA
Apps 2 SD jellybean, and HTC phones

Would you be able to move your apps to SD on any of these phones?
http://t.co/IWSQ4HlDjE
If so what is different about the OS and since we have jellybean as well couldn't we implement the same features, or even maybe use XPOSED to enable it?

ps. the link isn't just there because of the giveaway, it was just convenient that the list of phones was there as well.

SJMarty

Jul 28, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Not sure if this is the correct thread but here goes...

I'm having some issues with the JellyBean e-mail client. I was hoping someone would be able to provide the .APKs for the ICS e-mail client and the e-mail widget.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    looks like p769 20e should be out soonish
    Code:
    http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP769BK/ATMOBK/V20e_00/V20E_00.kdz
    Last-Modified: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:51:39 GMT
    Content-Length: 573439999
    Hi.
    I've seen many threads regarding Jelly Bean update, which can be covered within one general discussion thread.
    So from now one this thread should be used to discuss issues, opinions and everything Jelly Bean related.
    All other threads will be closed.
    Enjoy! :)
    JB for P769 V20D Tmobile USA released

With some tricky tricks I could find the KDZ (which is directly not available on OTA phones yet) I found

1. V20D P769 TMOBILE USA KDZ file (here) (added 2 mirrors)
    2. Uploaded BASEBAND file (here)
    3. Uploaded HEX-EDITED BIN file for rooting (here)
    Enjoy P769 pals.... :highfive:
    1. Downloaded V20B P765 CIS and Flashed,
    2. I did Hard Reset (I personally wanted it clean to wash-out all the mess I did) you are advised not to do this,
    3. Already have Unlocked Bootloader
    4. Pushed CWM Touch in Fastboot mode,
    5. Flashed Root in CWM Mode.
    6. Restored data manually.
    WOW! Its neat and clean. :D P765 JB is really very very smooth.

The available Internal Memory showing as 2.33GB. Thats really better than before.

It looks like CIS Baseband is matching for Indian Region. Its always full and strong. Call is crystal clear. 3G network is also strong. 3G Data is quick and fast. Wi-fi connect is very fast and smooth. Found some bloatware as usual but disabled many and it should not drain battery now. Not yet fully checked for battery drain but in first 60 minutes it looks like it does not drain like complaints from some P760 users.

I give it :good: Well done LG.
    I tried first via pc suite but pc suite force closed while on software update screen.....so i used cmahendra`s method and it worked.....the steps are many but very easy to understand.

Sent from my LG-P765

Glad, it worked for you. Thats the whole idea is. Easy steps and noob-friendly is exactly what I want. :angel:

Steps may seem too many, but if you see carefully, half of the steps are optional when you do flashing/rooting for second time. Also it easily teaches noobs many things. Helps you to do easy testing/checklists, to be sure to go ahead or stay on the current step for any possible workaround.

And yes, I dont make guides for experts. EXPERTS MAY STAY AWAY and don't bother us. :laugh: kidding.