[XPOSED][MOD][LP+] Sensible Android Auto:Xposed

Search This thread

krilok

Hi,
thanks for the response :). Good to know that there are no more settings!
Ye i have the unknown sources activated and its in developer mode. Do i need a special AA, or can i use the normal one from Store?
I will give the Yahfa Version a try :)

hm any other suggestions? :) Thank you in advance!!!!

Update:

With the Yahfa Xposed the scroll restriction works <3 yeeaah!! I still see only the next 15 Tracks in list, but at least i can scroll as long as i want :)!! Thank you!
If there is an known issue with the max tap fix let me know :). But so far i am happy now

If its Spotify you're using, I believe thats the way the app works, since I personally can't got much further than a few tracks... ?

Reactions: marap

krilok

Btw: I updated today to the latest AA on the playstore, and after a while, it asked me if I wanted to use the new interface, which I accepted and I'm now using the new AA layout.

Seems Google's rolling out the new interface as of today, so don't know if this will influence your work on the module (hopefully not)...

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Btw: I updated today to the latest AA on the playstore, and after a while, it asked me if I wanted to use the new interface, which I accepted and I'm now using the new AA layout.

Seems Google's rolling out the new interface as of today, so don't know if this will influence your work on the module (hopefully not)...

Hmm, I still haven't received the update yet, but having a new UI might throw a wrench into the plans. I'll hopefully be able to decompile the apk tonight and take a look.

EDIT: Seems that the new UI didn't make any huge underlying changes to the input detection, so the new module should work the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: krilok

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple module to make Android Auto less restrictive. History on this module can be found here and an article about the in-motion tap limits here. This module should remove the "speed bump" notification (Browsing locked for safety) and allow you to scroll through lists (playlists, song lists, etc) without hindrance.

There's also a reddit thread/request which has more specifics about what this module is trying to accomplish.

Features:
    • Should work for all aftermarket AA-capable headunits (might require a hard-wired bypass module depending on model)
    • Should also work for most OEM AA headunits that are built into newer vehicles
    • Should also work for standalone AA running on a phone and not connected to a headunit

Here comes the really large and obnoxious disclaimer.......

This module can alter the built-in safety features that Google has implemented in Android Auto. By downloading and installing, you agree that YOU, and only YOU, are solely responsible for any negative repercussions that may result. This can include injury to yourself and/or others, property damage, or loss of life. Under no circumstances is the author of this module responsible for its use!

...not that a simple disclaimer on a forum post would go far if anything were to happen, but I felt the need to put it out there. Please use YOUR best judgement when it comes to operating a vehicle and futzing with your Android Auto headunit.

Development and testing was done on a Nexus 5x running Android Auto v1.6.240040 (2719917-release) and a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX w/ micro bypass. This should work on any Lollipop and newer rom, assuming Android Auto works on it.

Downloads

See attached files on this post.
    You can also grab it from the Xposed Repo

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sensible Android Auto:Xposed , Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    agentdr8
    Source Code: Gitlab

Xposed Package Name: com.dr8.xposed.saax

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 6.3.611314
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-12

Created 2016-06-04
    Last Updated 2021-04-12
    Sorry for the delay. New version posted to OP and Repo.
    4.4 is out. Please update if you can. Thanks!

Will try to get to it before this weekend.
    Question: should I hold of on updating aa from play store until this module gets updated?

Yes. Unfortunately Google has obfuscated the code in AA since around version 2.x, so the module has to be adapted to every version that comes out.

That being said, it sometimes helps bring it to my attention that a new AA version is available if someone posts in this thread.

I'll try and work on 3.5.583xxx and post something shortly.

EDIT: Updated first post (and Repo) with module for AA 3.5.583xxx -- Please let me know if there are any issues.
    I'll try it under Android Auto Version 2.7.573954 and let you know.

I posted an updated version for the latest AA on the OP and to the Xposed Repo.