Xperia Z Sony logo baked into screen protector rather than its display?

Search This thread

koobi

Mar 30, 2011
I removed the sheets on the back and front. The back is now an oily fingerprint collecting mess and the front feels like it's matt and has no Sony logo. It has also affected the loudspeaker of the phone which goes quiet now for over 4 or 5 hours at a time when the phone touches water.

Very bad idea.

Ahh ok so I have small scratches on the anti shatter film and want to remove it but not after reading your comment.
Will the front be a fingerprint magnet mess or will it be fine?
Does the glass itself has oleophobic coating or not?
Or remove it and put the screen protector that came with it?

I replaced my LG optimus 2x for this phone and never had any problem with scratches on LG O2X and i never used a screen protector or not even a hard or soft case..

Last edited:

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
I removed the sheets on the back and front. The back is now an oily fingerprint collecting mess and the front feels like it's matt and has no Sony logo. It has also affected the loudspeaker of the phone which goes quiet now for over 4 or 5 hours at a time when the phone touches water.

Very bad idea.

I agree that it is a very bad idea - but the anti-shatter film has absolutely nothing to do with the speaker...

amielxda

May 9, 2013
The anti shatter film in the phone is not an ordinary screen protector..it protects the glass of the phone. They said that it absorbs vibration to protect the glass.. its a part of the phone.. its not recommended to be removed.. your sony warranty will be void if you removed it as well as the sony logo think.. Thats why the phone has a extra screen protector to place on top of the anti shatter film :D

imna357

Mar 31, 2010
washington, DC
Asus Zenfone 9
Mine did not, when i did remove the "shatter" protection the Sony logo also did go. Now just a clean glass...
Hate all types off films so dont want that Crap on my devices :)
I dont care for the Sony logo tho, clean glass works for me.

How did you peel it off? Did it leave a mark where you started? Want to take out the Sony logo and does the back same as the front?

Thanks

MattJaO3D

Oct 26, 2012
Cardiff
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Dude, I wouldn't advise peeling it off for numerous reasons, mainly being protection and also devalue your handset, not too mention the amount of times you'll be cleaning finger prints off it ;)

As the old saying goes
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ;)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My uncle works for the Sony HQ in Spain. He said that they were too busy preparing the pre prodcution units that they decided to print it on the protective sheet. Rest assured, the xperia Z will come with the Sony logo on the device itself.

Mine did not, when i did remove the "shatter" protection the Sony logo also did go. Now just a clean glass...
    Hate all types off films so dont want that Crap on my devices :)
    I dont care for the Sony logo tho, clean glass works for me.
    Same for me! just removed it. bb ugly sony logo.:eek:

Just removed my one a minute ago, Sony Logo still there :(
    Logo or not, removing the shatter shield is stupid idea :eek: