[CM10.1] S4Rom [mako] [V2] [24-04-2013]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid

INTRODUCTION

Hi everybody! I know not everybody in this subforum loves Touchwiz inteface but I do, and also others. I wanted to create a ROM with a full Galaxy S4 appearance, CM10.1 based and with the typical features in a ROM: performance, speed, battery life, etc. For that reason, I based my ROM in the amazing tackleberry_crash cm10.1, which contains Bionic & Linaro Patches, and is, in my opinion, one of the best 3 Nexus 4 ROMS atm. Please, give him credits in his thread :)

FEATURES

• CM10.1 based. Includes Bionic and Linaro optimizations. Check his GitHub for more information / updates
  • ParanoidAndroid kernel Google Stock by defaut to provide good battery life and smoothness.
  • Last gapps included.
  • Highly themed: Galaxy S3-S4 appearance. Thanks for thomassafca for the base theme, which was modded ;). It is still not completely S4 because a lot of apps still must be ported.
  • Galaxy S4 Wallpapers. (WIP)
  • Galaxy S4 Sounds: ui, ringtones, alarms, notifications.
  • Galaxy S3 Widgets
  • Galaxy S3 Launcher. S4 launcher soon.
  • Galaxy S4 icons.
  • Galaxy S4 Settings.
  • Galaxy S4 CM10.1 adapted Battery Style (you must set it from Settings. Circular by default.
  • A lot of moddded apps to provide Touchwiz style.
  • More I don't remember... :D

DOWNLOADS

SCREENSHOTS

Check them in mycolorscreen. Will add more later.​

THANKS

Huge thanks to...
  • Tackleberry_crash for the base
  • Paranoidandroid team and molesarecoming for the kernel
  • Madphone for some ideas and files from his addon pack.

Hope you enjoy!! :)

Last edited:

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
CHANGELOG

V2
  • Sync CM10.1 Sources
  • Fix for the Center Clock issue
  • Fix call sound issue
  • Add s4 live wallpaper
  • Changed Settings background with a black one (thanks vlad!)
  • Changed some pngs here and there (thnks vlad!!)
  • Added Touchwiz animations to the framework

IN NEXT RELEASE...

.​

Last edited:

lefterakos

May 6, 2011
Greece
thanks man!!! looks great! im downloadinnnn!! i just wanted to ask if any of the galaxy s4 features will be ported like swiping without touching the phone etc.. Thanks again my friend!!! keep going!

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
thank you man...i am not such a big fan of Samsung's TW but all the devs who bring new things to our phones are wellcome.So...keep up the goodwork!!!

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
thanks man!!! looks great! im downloadinnnn!! i just wanted to ask if any of the galaxy s4 features will be ported like swiping without touching the phone etc.. Thanks again my friend!!! keep going!

That seems quite complicated but Im sure developers will start porting s4 features soon! ;)

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
I would thank a lot if anybody who test the ROM could make a review about good/bad things and suggestions so I can fix or improve them in v2

i saw a bug:D
when the clock on the statusbar is set to center and we have a notification that is long enough...it overlaps with the clock.it looks ugly!untill now...that`s the only bug i`ve found.What kernel did u use for this rom?it has nice screen calibration!

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
when the clock on the statusbar is set to center and we have a notification that is long enough...it overlaps with the clock.it looks ugly!untill now...that`s the only bug i`ve found.What kernel did u use for this rom?it has nice screen calibration!

Thank you!! I also noticed that, since i am using hat configuration.

Kernel is paranoidandroid Google stock :)

Reactions: nex1685

nex1685

Oct 20, 2010
toronto
installed about an hour ago and so far really like it. really has no lag, wifi working well. i don't use blue tooth so can't comment. gps connected fast. i really like the look and feel. will use fo a bit longer and put it through its paces. thanl you

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

just installed Franco 127 workes great

tackleberry_crash

Feb 19, 2012
Istanbul
Congrats on the Rom ! I'll flash it some time to have a look.

when the clock on the statusbar is set to center and we have a notification that is long enough...it overlaps with the clock.it looks ugly!untill now...that`s the only bug i`ve found.
That's a bug at my side and I have just fixed it couple minutes ago.
I'll push the changes to my github in couple minutes. Update will be for one file in frameworks/base repo
Make sure you pull them from my github to your local.

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
Congrats on the Rom ! I'll flash it some time to have a look.

That's a bug at my side and I have just fixed it couple minutes ago.
I'll push the changes to my github in couple minutes. Update will be for one file in frameworks/base repo
Make sure you pull them from my github to your local.

I think I will release new version at the same time as your releases, to not get complicated ;)

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
Holy Pentile screens, Batman! This might be the first successful TouchWiz ROM I've come across for Nexus devices.

This is why I sold my S 3.. Pentlie. Couldn't stand it. But now finally seems were getting the use of ports that I heard nexus could rock. But if it weren't for pen tile I would have stayed. So now seems I'm getting close to what I wanted. Choice. Aosp and stock manufacturer overlay with no pen tile. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INTRODUCTION

Hi everybody! I know not everybody in this subforum loves Touchwiz inteface but I do, and also others. I wanted to create a ROM with a full Galaxy S4 appearance, CM10.1 based and with the typical features in a ROM: performance, speed, battery life, etc. For that reason, I based my ROM in the amazing tackleberry_crash cm10.1, which contains Bionic & Linaro Patches, and is, in my opinion, one of the best 3 Nexus 4 ROMS atm. Please, give him credits in his thread :)

FEATURES

• CM10.1 based. Includes Bionic and Linaro optimizations. Check his GitHub for more information / updates
    • ParanoidAndroid kernel Google Stock by defaut to provide good battery life and smoothness.
    • Last gapps included.
    • Highly themed: Galaxy S3-S4 appearance. Thanks for thomassafca for the base theme, which was modded ;). It is still not completely S4 because a lot of apps still must be ported.
    • Galaxy S4 Wallpapers. (WIP)
    • Galaxy S4 Sounds: ui, ringtones, alarms, notifications.
    • Galaxy S3 Widgets
    • Galaxy S3 Launcher. S4 launcher soon.
    • Galaxy S4 icons.
    • Galaxy S4 Settings.
    • Galaxy S4 CM10.1 adapted Battery Style (you must set it from Settings. Circular by default.
    • A lot of moddded apps to provide Touchwiz style.
    • More I don't remember... :D

DOWNLOADS

SCREENSHOTS

Check them in mycolorscreen. Will add more later.​

THANKS

Huge thanks to...
    • Tackleberry_crash for the base
    • Paranoidandroid team and molesarecoming for the kernel
    • Madphone for some ideas and files from his addon pack.

Hope you enjoy!! :)
    Thread Closed....OP when you get a moment PM me regarding this "ROM", Thank You.
    You have barely done anything! And there is nothing in the OP apart from evidence of stealing a theme!
    I think most people don't like the idea of taking a CM base, adding a kernel and a 'borrowed' theme.

If everyone did this imagine how many threads there would be...!

number of roms X num of kernels X number of themes = ???

Supporting a great theme like [this] below and using your favourite ROM and kernel should be preferred.

uploadfromtaptalk1367619650716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367619671111.jpg

This thread needs closing.
    This needs to be removed because its an insult to the Nexus 4 :p Sorry but why would you want any Samsung software and destroy the stock Google experience.

YOU have to be removed. Lol if u dont like go crying and flash stock rom.

I have removed the download links temporally, until mods let me add them again. Im trying to fix issues as fast as I can.

Thanks, luiseteyo.