[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread

okaraosp29

Apr 23, 2014
How to customize the appearance of 'resume/start over' window

How to customize the appearance of 'resume/start over' window?

bleu8888

Mar 24, 2011
I was getting the same issue, I went back to version 1.7.38 and the problems were gone. So something's changed since that version.
There is nothing changed for .m3u8 on 1.7.39. This might be related to http user-agent which is changed on 1.7.39
If the server is configured to accept only old user-agent form, newer version will be failed unless old user-agent form is provided manually.
This link would be help if it is user-agent issue: https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/faq#TOC-Can-t-play-a-http-link-only-on-MX-Player.

muzikill

Sep 7, 2015
Previous versions user agent box was blank. Did this on the new version and retried and still unable to play stream.

sujan420

Sep 11, 2015
Ac3 audio format not support in my phon Sony Xperia c..please give me solution.it's my request

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
On my zenfone 2 after about 2 seconds on hardware decoder the screen goes black. I don't have any custom codecs in use right now. I'm pretty much forced to use software decoder. Any idea on how to fix it?

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Well I have a pointer with my remote control but it still wouldn't let me zoom/pan, I tried dragging everywhere, how should it function with a cursor? Seems quite the oversight to not allow pan/zoom without touch, hope it can be implemented? :)
I wouldn't call it an oversight per se; MX Player is a fairly old app that predates Android TVs by years. That being said, if something like a mouse was used, then perhaps panning can be done with wheel click and hold, and zoom done with wheel scrolling... I will have to let @bleu8888 answer that question.

icedzed

Nov 10, 2012
Hi, I got this issue, I use xcam lg and I record a 720p video, 120fps, when I open the video with mx player I see the video at the normal speed, in real time, not in slow motion. when I open the video with the stock player I see the video in slow motion, how can I see the video in slow motion with mx player? Sorry about my English..

warvevo

Apr 15, 2014
Next Version will be released on 2017 or 2018? Can you tell me so that I can put an alarm/reminder for that.

Wakaranai792170

Sep 17, 2015
I use sony z1 c6903. After update to Android5.1.1 , when I use hardware decoder or hardware decoder+ to fast forward ,video is going to be stopped.

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
I use sony z1 c6903. After update to Android5.1.1 , when I use hardware decoder or hardware decoder+ to fast forward ,video is going to be stopped.
Hmm, that suggests they may have changed their media framework access, meaning @bleu8888 will need to take a look.

It's every video I try to play on the phone
http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_ze550ml-7120.php
As in this version of the Zenfone 2? If so, then as it uses an Intel Atom, try downloading the x86 codec as well and see if that helps:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.ffmpeg.x86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.