How to root Oppo R9s Plus (CPH1611) international version

Search This thread
Step by step guide for Oppo R9s Plus international version
This is for the Oppo R9s international version cph1611

1. First download the files from this folder (alternative links at the end of the post):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qbobokagdgme2oa/AABQBtKTmbwChne9z1DaayHca?dl=0 )

2. Than first install the Oppo driver.
For Windows 7 just install the QcomMtk_Driver_Setup.exe and test later.

2. For Windows 10 you'll have to shutdown/power off your phone, than connect it to your usb, while pressing Vol+ and Vol- at the same time, until you plugged it in. Then go to your device manager and search for new hardware.
It will find a new device without proper driver. Install the driver from the Win10_Qualcomm.rar manually.
It will say the driver is not verify able, just install anyway.
After that check your device should now be listed as something like: qualcomm hs-usb qdloader

3. Register the oppo.reg

4. Than extract the file CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2 (don't know which programme do that under windows. i used ubuntu to extract, I saw 7zip should do it)

5. Extract the recovery.img into the same folder as the files from CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2, or MsmDownloadTool.exe will not start.

6. Power off your phone completely, by pressing the Power Button long and slide to shut down.

7. Connect your phone to usb, while pressing Vol+ and Vol- at the same time.

8. Check your device manager, it should show something like Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader ............

9. Inside the extracted folder from CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2 folder, you will find the tool: MsmDownloadTool.exe

Open it and set language as you need. After opening press F5. A pop up menu will appear. There deselect all, but recovery.img and boot.img (if you wanna keep your private data).
For the recovery.img you need to choose your file by clicking into the right side of the pop up menu and search for the location.

10. Flash your phone

11. After successful flashing, power the phone on by pressing: Vol+ and Vol- and Power at the same time.
After power comes on (short vibrate, display shows Oppo) switch directly to pressing Vol- and Power button to boot into the new twrp recovery.

12. From there you can install supersu (.zip file have to be copied into your phones memory, than install in twrp)

13. Reboot (don't need to wipe cache/data)

Install xposed and than whatever you want
Install hookup for ColorOs3.0 to get rid of root warning (It is in chinese, but don't panic, just switch on all options and your done)

Let me know, in case the link above goes down.
I will add pictures for better understanding, when I have time.

Have fun with your rooted phone

Screenshot_2017-05-19-20-46-52-63.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-19-20-46-57-44.png

Screenshot_2017-05-19-20-47-03-05.png

ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD LINKS:

First download this:
https://yun.baidu.com/share/link?uk=797461041&shareid=616882441
and this
http://rapidgator.net/file/5a9de514b0a8431a373cbe9aa92811f8/recovery.zip.html?
and than the drivers from here (check what you need win10: Win10Qualcomm.rar / win7: QcomMtk_driver_setup.exe also grab the oppo.reg file)
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXVAbDy#li...9s/线刷万能root&twrp教程&parentPath=/android/第三方ROM

Last edited:

D1G1LANT3

Mar 2, 2015
for god sake, what's so hard about using mega or ****ing dropbox, why would you post an international root on a site in chinese

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

for god sake, what's so hard about using mega or ****ing dropbox, why would you post an international root on a site in chinese

please post the files somewhere more convenient that doesn't ask us to sign up

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

i just collected the links.
like i said all credit goes to xu wailin (reason for the chinese sites)

but for you all, i'm re-uploading the complete package with hookup to dropbox. just give me a few days, while my upload here is terrible slow (thailand standard). will post as soon as all is up.

Reactions: tristandumas92
Hey guys,

here the new upload:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qbobokagdgme2oa/AABQBtKTmbwChne9z1DaayHca?dl=0

I also repacked the files in the tar.bz2 to a normal .zip added hookup to remove root warning etc.

for hookup:
after installation go to exposed and activate hookup. IT IS IN CHINESE! but don't worry. just activate all options (all slide buttons) and you are done.
no root warning etc.

have fun and tell me if the new archive is ok. haven't tested it yet.

actually no sign up needed. just download through ubuntu (you can also you use a live cd)
i tried first under windows too and couldn't register my thailand number on baidu. i than switched to my zorin installation and voila, no problem for downloading.

here my new drobbox link. maybe this is more convenient for you?

Last edited:
Msm download tool doesn't start even when run as administrator (Windows 10). All the dropbox files work tho so thankyou! :D

did you install the oppo drivers before? and register the .reg? i could open it after download.
anyhow. i will upload the tar.bz2 file again and the recovery.img. think while zipping there got something broke.

OK, I reuploaded the recovery.zip already. can open now. already on the upload for the tar.bz2 file will finish in the next 10 min. (internet at work is nice and fast i see). you can still use the old folder link. unpacking the tar.bz2 -> 7zip should do it, but i never tried it under windows

OK all up again.

have fun with you rooted phone!

Reactions: D1G1LANT3
Msm download tool doesn't start even when run as administrator (Windows 10). All the dropbox files work tho so thankyou! :D

ok re-up already. try the tar.bz2 and the recovery.zip. should work now.
use 7zip for tar.bz2 or anything else that can unzip under windows. add the recovery.img to the same folder as the firmware and the msmdownload tool (it has to be all in one folder) if not msmdownloadtool won't start

Reactions: D1G1LANT3

D1G1LANT3

Mar 2, 2015
did you install the oppo drivers before? and register the .reg? i could open it after download.
anyhow. i will upload the tar.bz2 file again and the recovery.img. think while zipping there got something broke.

Yeah I had an issue installing the drivers, when i chose the driver files it said they were already up to date.. I followed everything else though. If you updated the .zip I'll try again but it could be a problem with my PC, I'll try again.

1. First download the files from this folder (alternative links at the end of the post):

2. For Windows 10 you'll have to shutdown/power off your phone, than connect it to your usb, while pressing Vol+ and Vol- at the same time, until you plugged it in. Then go to your device manager and search for new hardware.
It will find a new device without proper driver. Install the driver from the Win10_Qualcomm.rar manually.
It will say the driver is not verify able, just install it anyway.
After that check your device should now be listed as something like: Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader

3. Register the oppo.reg file

4. Than extract the file CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2 (don't know which programme do that under windows. i used ubuntu to extract / I saw 7zip should do it)

5. Extract the recovery.img into the same folder as the files from CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2, or MsmDownloadTool.exe will not start.

6. Power off your phone completely, by pressing the Power Button long and slide to shut down.

8. Check your device manager, it should show something like Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader ............

9. Inside the extracted folder from CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2 folder, you will find the tool: MsmDownloadTool.exe
Open it and set language as you need. After opening press F5. A pop up menu will appear. There deselect all, but recovery.img and boot.img (if you wanna keep your private data).
For the recovery.img you need to choose your file by clicking into the right side of the pop up menu and search for the location.

10. Flash your phone

11. After successful flashing, power the phone on by pressing: Vol+ and Vol- and Power at the same time.
After power comes on (short vibrate, display shows Oppo) switch directly to pressing: Vol- and Power button to boot into the new twrp recovery.

12. From there you can install supersu (.zip file have to be copied into your phones memory, than install in twrp, NOT extract before, twrp can only handle .zip files)

Install hookup for ColorOs3.0 to get rid of root warning (It is in chinese, but don't panic, just switch on all options and your done)

Screenshot_2017-05-19-20-47-03-05.png )

First download this:
and this:
and than the drivers from here (check what you need win10: Win10Qualcomm.rar / win7: QcomMtk_driver_setup.exe also grab the oppo.reg file)
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXVAbDy#li...9s/线刷万能root&twrp教程&parentPath=/android/第三方ROM

Yeah I had an issue installing the drivers, when i chose the driver files it said they were already up to date.. I followed everything else though. If you updated the .zip I'll try again but it could be a problem with my PC, I'll try again.

I think you forgot to power off? Power off your phone. than connect it to your pc while pressing VOL+ and VOL- until plugged into usb. than you should be able to install the drivers.
if not try to uninstall your old drivers, reboot and than repeat the steps above.
you use win7 or win10?

D1G1LANT3

Mar 2, 2015
I think you forgot to power off? Power off your phone. than connect it to your pc while pressing VOL+ and VOL- until plugged into usb. than you should be able to install the drivers.
if not try to uninstall your old drivers, reboot and than repeat the steps above.
you use win7 or win10?

I'm certain I've followed the instructions correctly. The msmdownload tool just wont open and i made sure the recovery.img is there as well :( im running windows 10

Last edited:
I'm certain I've followed the instructions correctly. The msmdownload tool just wont open and i made sure the recovery.img is there as well :( im running windows 10

hm. i saw that the old. zip had a problem for me as well.

try the .tar.bz2 and recovery.zip, i've uploaded today.
the files out of those two archives are working (for me)
i've deleted the .zip from the dropbox folder already

carlochiefsg

Dec 31, 2010
wow all these files look really familiar:):):):)

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Referring to the Chinese user guide, it did say drivers definitely work on Windows 7, the drivers for windows 10 didn;t work for some users. So Master Wu highly recommend users to root in Windows 7 platform.

If msndownloadtool appears as "unauthorized", please open msndownloadtool0.exe hack version and exit, then open msndownloadtool.exe version.

In your case, I suspect your drivers are not properly nstalled on your Windows 10. Don't ask me why but this does happen to some users.

Reactions: apocalyptist

D1G1LANT3

Mar 2, 2015
wow all these files look really familiar:):):):)

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Referring to the Chinese user guide, it did say drivers definitely work on Windows 7, the drivers for windows 10 didn;t work for some users. So Master Wu highly recommend users to root in Windows 7 platform.

If msndownloadtool appears as "unauthorized", please open msndownloadtool0.exe hack version and exit, then open msndownloadtool.exe version.

In your case, I suspect your drivers are not properly nstalled on your Windows 10. Don't ask me why but this does happen to some users.

I don't have a windows 7 pc, would a virtual machine running windows 7 do the trick?

carlochiefsg

Dec 31, 2010
I don't have a windows 7 pc, would a virtual machine running windows 7 do the trick?

Might work. I generally used virtual machine for jail breaking
:eek:

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Did you disable drivers signature in windows 10 before you install Oppo drivers?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qbobokagdgme2oa/AABQBtKTmbwChne9z1DaayHca?dl=0 )

It will say the driver is not verify able, just install anyway.
    After that check your device should now be listed as something like: qualcomm hs-usb qdloader

3. Register the oppo.reg

4. Than extract the file CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2 (don't know which programme do that under windows. i used ubuntu to extract, I saw 7zip should do it)

10. Flash your phone

After power comes on (short vibrate, display shows Oppo) switch directly to pressing Vol- and Power button to boot into the new twrp recovery.

12. From there you can install supersu (.zip file have to be copied into your phones memory, than install in twrp)

Screenshot_2017-05-19-20-47-03-05.png

First download this:
    and this
    Hi. Step by step guide once more again:

Pre-requisite:
    1) Download CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2 and Recovery.zip
    2) Download firmware for A57: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B_0XnEjFCVsPWndzSnp2YTFYSkU&export=download
    3) Extract CPH1611EX_11_A.01_161210.tar.bz2 and recovery.zip in the same folder
    4) Install Qualcomm drivers

1. Turn off the phone, connect it to PC while pressing Volume Up and Down buttons together
    2. Device in Qualcomm Download mode
    3. Go to OPPO A57 firmware and run MSM Download Tools
    4. It will give Connection Time Out Error, proceed and then close it
    5. Run MSM Download Tools at OPPO R9s Plus firmware folder
    6. Now Start button is not greyed out
    7. Press F5 and de-select everything except boot.img and recovery.img
    8. Double click on location of recovery and select recovery.img (which is TWRP) in the same folder (right click won't select, you have to double click on location bar)
    9. Click Start and wait until it finishes it
    10. Reboot to TWRP by holding Volume Down and Power buttons

i just collected the links.
    like i said all credit goes to xu wailin (reason for the chinese sites)

but for you all, i'm re-uploading the complete package with hookup to dropbox. just give me a few days, while my upload here is terrible slow (thailand standard). will post as soon as all is up.
    Ok, just tested and can't extract the recovery.img from .zip.
    let me know if you have the same probelm? i will reupload tonight
    Hello,

I noticed that the date on the rom you guys have seem to be an older one. I just recently searched the website and found CPH1611EX_11_OTA_013_all_201707150952. I saw on one of the other forums that Oppo was giving back access to the bootloader via fastboot and so on. Not sure if they did it here in this rom or what but I haven't seen anyone reference this newest rom in my search. Any info would be appreciated.

My gf have Singapore version and it have got OTA CPH1611SG_11_A.17_180128. But I don't know much about it...

Anyway, I found China version have got ColorOS 3.2 which is Nougat Rom. I hope it will come for CPH1611 Int'l version....