[GUIDE] Replacing your HTC Evo 3D Screen

Search This thread

rxc777

Apr 5, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
GUIDE TO REPLACING HTC EVO 3D SCREEN
DISCLAIMER:DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I AM NOT LIABLE/ RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU BREAKING YOUR PHONE/ VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY!!! BY USING THIS GUIDE YOU ASUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY!!!

FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LOOK AT THIS GUIDE (IM NOT A PROFESIONAL TECH STILL IN TRAINING =] )

YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING TOOLS
1. T5 SCREWDRIVER
2. SMALL PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER
3. SMALL FLATHEAD SCREWDRIVER
4. FLAT PLASTIC TOOL

IMAG0491.jpg

OK SO LET’S GET STARTED:

1.TAKE OFF THE BATTERY COVER AND THE BATTERY.

2.TAKE OUT THE MICRO SD CARD.

IMAG0489.jpg

3.REMOVE 4 T5 SCREWS AND 2 PHILLIPS SCREWS

IMAG0490.jpg

4.USING PLASTIC TOOL DETACH THE BACK HOUSING

IMAG0481.jpg
IMAG0482.jpg

5.TAKE OUT THE 2 PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS SHOWN

IMAG0488.jpg

6.CAREFULLY PULL OUT EACH ONE OF THE TABS SHOWN AND DISCONNECT THE VIBRATORS CONECTOR.

IMAG0487.jpg

7.CAREFULLY PULL THE BOTTOM TAB AS SHOWN.

IMAG0485.jpg

8.DISCONECT THE ANTENNA CONECTOR.

IMAG0486.jpg

9.HERES HOW IT LOOKS.

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

NOW USING YOUR NEW SCREEN FOLLOW EACH STEP BACKWARDS AND REMEMBER DO IT VERY CAREFULLY…

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO PM ME ;D AND IF IT HELPED PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON =]

BTW ALL THE PICS WERE TAKEN WITH MY EVO 3D

THIS GUIDE WAS MADE BY ME FOR XDA!!!
[DO NOT POST ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISION!!!]

Last edited:

mcmikecruz1

Sep 21, 2010
Is it possible to realign tilted screens like this or would the mounts need to be modified ?
Thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

mikeyxda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 2, 2010
Florida - Gulf Coast
www.ddisoftware.com
Is it possible to realign tilted screens like this or would the mounts need to be modified ?
Thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

I was thinking this same thing. I suspect you wouldn't have to rip it completely apart to do it: just down to the point where you get to the screws that hold the board with the LCD screen into the case. Loosen those 6 screws (wouldn't even have to take them out all the way) and then push the closest corner a little to realign and tighten. I suspect there's enough play to correct the alignment problem at least so that it would be better. Wouldn't have to move it but a fraction of a millimeter. Worth a try, and I'm hoping that you could just loosen the first few screws to do it and you wouldn't have to do all the unplugging, etc.

Mike

heathmcabee

Feb 9, 2008
Looks like the right place for this to me. Great job on the write up. Great detail, and awesome instructions. Would like to see a video to follow up the instructions with the backwards install and then it would be perfect. Thanks

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
great post btw!

but is it just me or do the pictures seem to just show the process of replacing the camera board? I didn't see the screen's in any of the pic's, or did I overlook something?

r0cky0790

Oct 1, 2010
Chicago
I didn't see anything related to screen replacing as you indicated in the OP. This just looks like another EVO3D teardown thread.

My ''xDU4L C0R3 SH00T3Rx'' shot you down in 3D!

felacio

Apr 16, 2007
Fayetteville
www.idle-handz.com
Man... That looks a little bit more in depth than an iPhone screen replacement.

I've had to do a couple of those and there easy! A matter of 2 screws, a suction cup and detaching a ribbon. Boom, its out.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUIDE TO REPLACING HTC EVO 3D SCREEN
    DISCLAIMER:DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I AM NOT LIABLE/ RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU BREAKING YOUR PHONE/ VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY!!! BY USING THIS GUIDE YOU ASUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY!!!

FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LOOK AT THIS GUIDE (IM NOT A PROFESIONAL TECH STILL IN TRAINING =] )

YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING TOOLS
    1. T5 SCREWDRIVER
    2. SMALL PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER
    3. SMALL FLATHEAD SCREWDRIVER
    4. FLAT PLASTIC TOOL

IMAG0491.jpg

OK SO LET’S GET STARTED:

1.TAKE OFF THE BATTERY COVER AND THE BATTERY.

2.TAKE OUT THE MICRO SD CARD.

IMAG0489.jpg

3.REMOVE 4 T5 SCREWS AND 2 PHILLIPS SCREWS

IMAG0490.jpg

4.USING PLASTIC TOOL DETACH THE BACK HOUSING

IMAG0481.jpg
    IMAG0482.jpg

5.TAKE OUT THE 2 PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS SHOWN

IMAG0488.jpg

6.CAREFULLY PULL OUT EACH ONE OF THE TABS SHOWN AND DISCONNECT THE VIBRATORS CONECTOR.

IMAG0487.jpg

7.CAREFULLY PULL THE BOTTOM TAB AS SHOWN.

IMAG0485.jpg

8.DISCONECT THE ANTENNA CONECTOR.

IMAG0486.jpg

9.HERES HOW IT LOOKS.

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

NOW USING YOUR NEW SCREEN FOLLOW EACH STEP BACKWARDS AND REMEMBER DO IT VERY CAREFULLY…

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO PM ME ;D AND IF IT HELPED PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON =]

BTW ALL THE PICS WERE TAKEN WITH MY EVO 3D

THIS GUIDE WAS MADE BY ME FOR XDA!!!
    [DO NOT POST ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISION!!!]
    Nice write up. Can you do a video walk through in the future?

Yep in plans of making a Video for it and also for the OG Evo
    I found some places to buy replacement parts.
    Screen
    Digitizer
    DigitizerAgain
    Google Search
    Droped my EVO 3D screen shattered.....don't have the insurance....Is this something easy to do....I have replaced screens on laptops before....But not sure about messing up my phone....I guess my question is should i do it myself or pay some one else with experiance to do it....Thanks in advance

Take it in to a Sprint store and see what they can do for you. Maybe you can still add the insurance since you're within the 30 day window. Not suggesting you lie to them. Show them the phone, ask them what they can do, and ask about adding insurance. In that order.
    Looks like the digitizer is definitely shattered. Does the screen power on at all?

Search for evo 3d digitizer on ebay. You can find some with free tools as well.

Maybe you can get the Sprint store to replace it for you. If they won't there's tons of places on Craigslist that will.