[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
This Guy has show for us resuls of this ROM.

I have see two importan issues above.

Anyone can tell more about it?

Multitouch broken?????

All I did was go through the previous posts and summarize them. I haven't tried this rom yet, waiting for it to be stable since my Inspire is still my primary phone. Another person is also keeping track and updating his/my post as well

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
If you read carefully the posts you'll see that it works as expected but after 3 points(e.g. 4 points) it doesn't work properly, same happens to 4.2.2 (a user reported that his phone work and posted a print screen, most if not all have this issue with JB and KitKat)

Seems to work on Atmel displays, but not Synaptic.

En Kee

Mar 30, 2013
Strasbourg
Just Flash and install new build.
And i have some respond:

1. Many times, my device auto reboot
2. Can't uninstall system app by Titaniumbackup, it show dialog: "Can't remove system app: Failed to locate the apk file"
3. Some time Wifi can't turn on (flash boot.img before flash ROM) , restart device, wifi ok

1. Don't have the problem (OC/1516Mhz)
2. I couldn't uninstall as well then I flashed SuperSu 1.69 and then everything is okay.
3. Didn't noticed that issue.

The ring doesn't play at all but I turned on vibration so I can live with it until it's fixed.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Ok, i have face several hard crashes (complete stall, frozen image, no auto reboot) when receiving calls on today's nightly.
I would find the phone with the caller name on screen, the circle in the middle and the dot wave animation frozen.

Had to revert to 1911 nightly. Can't get a logcat as i'm working :D

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
after extended testing(3 hours) I can assure you that you cannot change to custom ringtone and expect to work

I've put a custom ringtone(I've still got v1 but v2 should be the same as there isn't any change in the ringtones AFAIK) and check it every 2-3 minutes so after the 2-3 hours something did change

The ringtone change to default and works as expected(if you try to change to other custom ringtones and simple change it to default it doesn't take you 3 hours but just a few minutes ~20-30)

So the ringtone has a big bug (or maybe it's from the future and auto changes as it likes default ringtone :p)

Reactions: Mustaavalkosta

joriq

Aug 11, 2009
Podgorica
Open 10 apps with 4.2.2, open 10 apps with 4.4

that's noticeably faster :silly:

With 4.2.2 and 10 apps it goes like a turtle, with 4.4 it still works(forget about minor lag-shutter stuff that happen every now and then, that's minor and it's logically due to the infancy of this rom)
didn't have the time to install and start 10 apps :D
Settings open faster.
hardly needs one minute before desktop is ready. 4.2.2 took 5 minutes before I could open things.
this is not the experience that I have with 4.2.2 nighties (and I dirty flashed 'em every time).

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
How did I miss this important bug?

I've tried to reply to an sms and it pops up google talk(which required internet) but of course it doesn't support Greek so it's useless to me. Next to that there is a keyboard icon but it doesn't work if I press it

so all in all I can't write an sms, I can't search my contacts and I can't add one (even more serious than the ringtone, at least this works if it's the default one :p), I can't even write a website or google play search (it didn't happen on v1)

As it seems everything that needs some input google talk takes place and waits for me to speak(but then again I only use wifi plus the fact that I need Greek not English :()

P.S. I didn't check if this is happening to v1(EDIT: it didn't) as well, but dirty flash from clean v1 to v2 get you this result (can anyone else confirm this? or it's just me - at least if it's just me I'll try to solve it)

EDIT: I did a clean flash and put v2 and this time BaNkS gapps and everything is as it should be regarding the input

Seems to work on Atmel displays, but not Synaptic.

I don't have Atmel display so I'm with the ones having the issue..

found another bug..when message is received, screen can't be unlocked for a few minutes.

I just receive an sms, it doesn't apply to me. Maybe it's just you :p ..try to backup, do a clean flash and check if this is repeating, if it is I'm out of answers, if it's not then it's just you

-----

I'll revert to v1 as it's more functional than v2 (I can type there :p)

Last edited:

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
As this ROM is still in early development and could be under going quite big changes between releases we should probably be doing clean installs instead of dirty upgrades each time.

No point bringing buggy data over to the next update.

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
As this ROM is still in early development and could be under going quite big changes between releases we should probably be doing clean installs instead of dirty upgrades each time.

No point bringing buggy data over to the next update.

That's a good point, for me dirty flash from v1 to v2 did bring strange behavior. At least now I have v2 clean flash with Banks gapps ;)

EDIT: I'll post some pics soon with benchmarks of the v2 rom - Antutu, Vellamo and Quadrant. I've tried GeekBench 2 but I can't run it(it's like gmail, black screen here too :()

EDIT: The images that I promised:

Attachments

• AnTuTu.png
    AnTuTu.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 500
  • Vellamo.png
    Vellamo.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 477
  • Quadrant.jpg
    Quadrant.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:

tulek

Mar 10, 2012
Northern Town
I've flashed CWM Touch Recovery, did a Factory Reset and flashed this ROM and GAPPS. But if I reboot there's only a white background with a green htc Logo, nothing more. What did I wrong? Has it to do with S-On? I don't know how to turn it off. Bootloader is already unlocked. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

Flashed boot.img via FastBoot now I have the Cyanogenmod Bootscreen but there seems to be a bootloop any hints, what to try next?

Last edited:

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
I've flashed CWM Touch Recovery, did a Factory Reset and flashed this ROM and GAPPS. But if I reboot there's only a white background with a green htc Logo, nothing more. What did I wrong? Has it to do with S-On? I don't know how to turn it off. Bootloader is already unlocked. Any help is appreciated.

You can't flash custom roms with S-ON, you need to S-OFF your device and try again :)

Here is why S-OFF:

"
S-OFF – What And Why?

In their devices, HTC have installed a sort of security check whose level is determined by S-OFF/S-ON. Essentially, this security level is a flag stored on the device’s radio that checks signature images for any firmware before it is allowed to be written to system memory. This hinders using any custom ROMs, splash images, recovery etc., and also restricts access to the NAND flash memory. However, when security level is set to S-OFF, the signature check is bypassed, allowing a user to upload custom firmware images, unsigned boot, recovery, splash and HBOOT images, as well as official firmware that has been modified, this enabling maximum customization of your HTC Android device.

Furthermore, S-OFF also reduces restrictions on accessing the NAND flash memory on the device, allowing all partitions (including /system) to be mounted in write mode while the operating system is booted.
"

Source: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...on-htc-android-phones-with-unrevoked-forever/

Reactions: tulek

tulek

Mar 10, 2012
Northern Town
You can't flash custom roms with S-ON, you need to S-OFF your device and try again :)

Here is why S-OFF:

"
S-OFF – What And Why?

In their devices, HTC have installed a sort of security check whose level is determined by S-OFF/S-ON. Essentially, this security level is a flag stored on the device’s radio that checks signature images for any firmware before it is allowed to be written to system memory. This hinders using any custom ROMs, splash images, recovery etc., and also restricts access to the NAND flash memory. However, when security level is set to S-OFF, the signature check is bypassed, allowing a user to upload custom firmware images, unsigned boot, recovery, splash and HBOOT images, as well as official firmware that has been modified, this enabling maximum customization of your HTC Android device.

Furthermore, S-OFF also reduces restrictions on accessing the NAND flash memory on the device, allowing all partitions (including /system) to be mounted in write mode while the operating system is booted.
"

Source: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...on-htc-android-phones-with-unrevoked-forever/

Yeah, that's what I thought, I try to hack my way back to stock and then do a more thoroughly attempt to get this rom flying...
Is EasyAceRootTool still the way to go?

tulek

Mar 10, 2012
Northern Town
Ok, I'm too dumb to get that f***ing S-On to S-Off.

I've flashed back to stock and afterwards this ROM again. Then I extracted boot.img and flashed it via fastboot.

Now I am up and running, but this S-On sucks big times.

Thx for your help, guys.

3498BoyZ

May 20, 2013
It should actually work but we can talk a pm or in aahk2 thread

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 4

Reactions: tulek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 Kitkat Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 and 10.1 nightlies. Builds are generated automatically on every first Saturday of the month. Process starts around 10:30 PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.7
    • Branch: cm-11.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: spade_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button at the bottom of the page)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:
    Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    A: Update your recovery to one that is compatible with new recovery functions. See the list below.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM11.0 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: M12
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-15

Created 2014-04-11
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    Broken:
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=3662#bugReporter

Download mirror content:
    • extras (various tools for specific situations)
      • dexopt-data-only-signed.zip (moves system app dalvik cache to data partition, #1)
      • format_devlog-signed.zip (formats /devlog partition, #1)
      • lowram-signed.zip (turns on low ram system property, #1)
      • QuickSearchBox-installer-signed.zip (installs AOSP search app, #1)
    • nightlies (a directory for nightly builds)
    • plus (a directory for plus builds, #1)
    • releases (a directory for release builds)
    Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :p

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-3.0/commits/cm-11.0-wip
    https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy/commit/16ff8a6a2e3559bed6117239e645498a8d0d3692
    Now I'm off to bed. Workday tomorrow and damn it's 1:30 AM already. Please, don't cause thermonuclear wars while I sleep. kthxbye
    Proximity Recalibrator

So, I was hit by sudden inspiration to rework leppie's proximity recalibrator app to be a bit more up to the UI standards these days. While I was at it I refactored most of the code to be more readable, fixed some misc things etc. etc. and of course probably broke something so dead unicorns ahead once again. I will include this tool in the next nightly build as I see it as an extension to device settings so it's kind of natural part of the rom. If you want to hate me for adding 18kb of useless software you don't use, you are free to do so. I love you too.

I removed the old-looking zoom in/out widgets and just limited the seekbars between values 0 and 50. I haven't heard anyone going above 50 so max value 255 is a bit overkill. This way seekbar is actually usable.

Feedback is welcome as always.

Github: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android_packages_apps_ProximityRecalibrator

Also pic because otherwise it didn't happen:
    gQ6y7ys.png