[Q] Best stock and custom ROM

Search This thread
hi
what is this ur costume rom or is it stock rom :confused:
and im using the new sharp Moded provided by vivek can i just flash this via this CWM ie im on the new .35 kernal

Haree, This looks like a Stock ROM because it is .nb0 ( as the poster says to flash it with SUT or Stock recovery). It may be modded though due to the name lite, this also looks like russian (RU in the name). Only the poster can tell more about this

Reactions: haree

whyzee

Oct 15, 2011
Chennai
Haree, This looks like a Stock ROM because it is .nb0 ( as the poster says to flash it with SUT or Stock recovery). It may be modded though due to the name lite, this also looks like russian (RU in the name). Only the poster can tell more about this

Qalter is the dev who gave us macdragon, remember?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

andywang02021

Mar 11, 2012
cherry mobile's rom is better

*I wanted to post this in the development forum but the site wouldnt let me as I am new , so any moderator may feel free to shift it*

I wanted to ask which is the best 2.3 stock ROM for the X6 (as each company brings out its own firmware)

New buyers please read this thread first .( It has all Custom and Stock ROM download links too :- Thanks Haree)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288293

The thread closest to this topic I could find was

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1274063

but nothing's clearly concluded on that one.So which company provides the best stock ROM

Spice (link not working since 10 days)
Wellcom (whole site unavailable - checked only today)
Cherry (only one thats working)

People are free to post links of other company ROM if they exist.And which is the best Custom ROM. Can anybody tell the pros and cons of each ROM, which service is not working ,etc . Is there any custom ROM out there that has everything running (front cam, FM, etc)

I have read the individual threads for each ROM and links are here but one sibgle thread to discuss and compare them would provide new buyers good info ;)

MIUI
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264639

Cyanogenmod 7.1
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1283268

Andro-id RC2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264622

Oh and I hope we'll be able Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich which probably will be unveiled on 19 Oct 2011 along with Google Nexus Prime

Spice's rom comes with plenty of useless system apps like s-unno, blueberry messenger, and more craps....
Cherry's rom is cleaner, otherwise not much difference :)

Oct 9, 2012
i've tried almost custom rom, and i think that RC3 still the best that give me stable rom and everything is works !! i like IcecoldSanwich 8.6 1 too but the camera still problem

ian888

May 7, 2010
Surabaya
i've tried almost custom rom, and i think that RC3 still the best that give me stable rom and everything is works !! i like IcecoldSanwich 8.6 1 too but the camera still problem

Where's icecoldsandwich 8.6.1 for our device....?? How does it performance compare to 8.4 ...?? Camera problem on camcorder only....??

Sent from my FIH FB0 using xda developer app..
Currently using : CSL MI410 on AOKP ICS 8.4 with abenagiel latest kernel for cm9...

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Hey people...
I came back after a long time(damn 12th class wont let me breath) and saw the huge increase in activity for our phone.
Since I'm bored of MOkee ( the one released maybe in summer 2012- yes I havent updated since then), I want to try something new but I have no idea about the performance of all the roms.

So can people again participate in the best ROM competition. Please post all the pros and cons of each ROM. There may not be an absolute best ROM ( and remember that EVERY ROM is important and noteworthy because of the hardwork put in by our awesome devs), but please do tell how it fares in looks, performance ,battery, smoothness, etc in comparison to other ROMs.

Also please tell your kernel and governer along with the ROM you are using.

Thanks people

Last edited:

lalit_3

Sep 30, 2012
new delhi
Using following rom with kernel provided and rcset's settings tried pimping it changing kernels and governer's setting..but I found the more tweaking I was doing the more laggy it gets..so one day I just reflashed it and voila no lagginess, no problems, though I admit its not gaming friendly rom I still love it for its performance and beauty love the Buffy theme on it :)

Rom : miui v4-2.8.3 by RCSET
kernel : ardx 2.6.35.7

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Thanks Lalit,

Sorry for the late reply, exams.

How many RoMs have you compared? Can you post benchmarks or informally telll performance comparison to other ROMS?Nevertheless I will give this ROM a look

Others are implored to give their inputs.

badtreep

Dec 17, 2012
Binangonan, RIzal
for me

i like custom roms whose based in CM7.2. i can easily make my personal setting so i can overclock or underclock the cpu and change governors. for cm9 based, i hate it because of it eats more ram than cm7.2.
for stock rom, i like wellcom a99 rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How is this ROM guys? feedback anyone?

ROM works perfectly fine and can take neck to neck with sharp Modded, everything works perfectly, If you want to know anything specific then you ask, I'll try to answer.... even WiFi HotSpot works
    Try this ROM - 0001_firmware_Sharp-RU-Lite_(Huawei-mod)_RC1.zip
    install from SUT LR or stock recovey 4xxx base...
    Bump

any suggestions for best stock rom , should i install the Magnum, spice or wellcom version

i m working on spice stock rom to make it blot free and pre rooted soon will upload the same
    I have tried miui 1.11.11, cherry magnum HD(GB 2.3.4), spice (GB 2.3.4) and sharp SH8188U (GB 2.3.4). I find the sharp ROM as the most stable. The visual appeal of miui rom is the best and it is stable as well, the only downside is that it doesn't have HDMI and FM radio supported.

Sent from my SH8188U using XDA
    Andro=ID ROM RC-3 is a good custom ROM to start with. You can flash it from the Sharp ROM which is GB 2.3.5. MIUI 1.11.11 is also one of the better options available. Very snappy performance and stable as well. Low incoming call volume is problem in this ROM which can be solved with a patch available. The miui ROM can be flashed from Cherry Magnum or any other Stock ROM based on Android 2.3.4.