[EOL] [5.1.1] [Build 21] [BETA] [2015-11-06] CyanogenMod 12.1 for i9300

Search This thread

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Hello. I'm experiencing browser crashes too frequently. I've tried chrome and firefox. Twitter's in-app browser also crashes. Using week 6 ROM. Can this be related with android system webview?
If it happens to chrome and firefox, it is not related to webview, as these have their own browser engines.

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300

RoelD92

Dec 13, 2012
I was using team ub builds which is based on cyanogenmod 12.1 too, so in that builds, sync toggle was always present from cm12 till now cm12.1

The reason i have migrated from their roms to justarchi's is that they stopped updating i9300 roms from 22-04-2015

ALERT!!! i'm not saying that their rom is best and this rom isnt, actually i found this rom better, but that toggle is just the only thing that i missed...

P.S actually i found power control widget included in rom, in which they are number of toggles plus sync toggle, but i need that toggle on notification drawer...

BTW big thanks to JustArchi for this great rom.
Sync tile is being worked on. When these get merged, they will be in the build after that date. Best guess will be weekly 7.
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/95835/
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/95837/

Reactions: mirroalex

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
Sync tile is being worked on. When these get merged, they will be in the build after that date. Best guess will be weekly 7.
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/95835/
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/95837/

Ok guys now i cant get data working, i have i9505 too running android 5.1.1 cm12.1 and both phone use the same operator sim card so i am well aware of apn settings (actually no special settings needed just name and apn) but it does't connect on i9300... anyone have a idea?

P.S i will try to investigate this my self too. I'll update this post if i found something...

EP21

Jul 22, 2010
Vilnius
Xiaomi Poco F1
Ok guys now i cant get data working, i have i9505 too running android 5.1.1 cm12.1 and both phone use the same operator sim card so i am well aware of apn settings (actually no special settings needed just name and apn) but it does't connect on i9300... anyone have a idea?

P.S i will try to investigate this my self too. I'll update this post if i found something...

Try deleting proxy ip, port, username and password. I remember having to do so every time i flash a new rom (i always full wipe).

zalimtayyar

Jan 19, 2011
Hello. I'm experiencing browser crashes too frequently. I've tried chrome and firefox. Twitter's in-app browser also crashes. Using week 6 ROM. Can this be related with android system webview?
Same thing here. It's too hard to use Chrome. It keeps crashing. I think there is no way to use this phone smoothly. Because at the end of the day, Android is nothingbut rubbish IMHO. I'am so tired and frustrated. (Still respect to the devs of course)

ThunderBolt_BR

Mar 10, 2012
Itabira - MG
Reactions: superchandan007

HitFan

Aug 5, 2013
Bytom
Hello Guys,

I've just got an S3 and I switched to CM as soon as I could.
The first thing I noticed is the oversharpened font. Is there any way to adjust this?

Thanks

Only way is to flash Boeffla Kernel and install Boeffla Config. There in tab 'display' u can find Sharpness tweak. Enable it, and screen will looks much better. Remember to download Boeffla Config for your Android version, e.g. version 4.X for Android 5.1.X ;) It is explained on Boeffla Kernel site, boeffla-kernel.de

Reactions: AndreiNdi

flither

Dec 12, 2013
Hello Guys,

I've just got an S3 and I switched to CM as soon as I could.
The first thing I noticed is the oversharpened font. Is there any way to adjust this?

Thanks

You've got this options under Settings/Display & Lights/Advanced Display, so no need to flash another kernel.

But on the other hand - you'll may want to flash Boeffla, if you haven't tried it yet :good:

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Flashing custom kernels is not recommended, you are free to do so, but you are on your own with any problems you get then.

Any talk about custom kernels is not wanted here, they have their own threads, go chat there.

vijer

Apr 20, 2007
Out of curiosity, do the maintainers actually make any of their own modifications or do they primarily just compile the CM source with the i9300 device tree?

JustArchi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
Out of curiosity, do the maintainers actually make any of their own modifications or do they primarily just compile the CM source with the i9300 device tree?

We work on i9300 device tree only. Which means, we're here to make CM compatible with i9300 device, and nothing more.

This is as pure CM for i9300 as possible.

AndreiNdi

Mar 11, 2012
Bucharest
You've got this options under Settings/Display & Lights/Advanced Display, so no need to flash another kernel.
But on the other hand - you'll may want to flash Boeffla, if you haven't tried it yet :good:
Only way is to flash Boeffla Kernel and install Boeffla Config. There in tab 'display' u can find Sharpness tweak. Enable it, and screen will looks much better. Remember to download Boeffla Config for your Android version, e.g. version 4.X for Android 5.1.X ;) It is explained on Boeffla Kernel site, boeffla-kernel.de

Thanks for the help, I was just reading more about that as I did not want to jump straight to flashing things since I am not familiar with this phone model.
Can't find anything related in Advanced dispaly menu though.

Flashing custom kernels is not recommended, you are free to do so, but you are on your own with any problems you get then.
Any talk about custom kernels is not wanted here, they have their own threads, go chat there.

This was clearly related to this ROM but thank you for your reply.

Reactions: developerno1

nkirk

Mar 27, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks for the help, I was just reading more about that as I did not want to jump straight to flashing things since I am not familiar with this phone model.
Can't find anything related in Advanced dispaly menu though.

This was clearly related to this ROM but thank you for your reply.

Under advanced display select 'browser' mode to bring back the sharpness to normal levels.

//nkirk

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

flither

Dec 12, 2013

Althought you're the one of the most intelligent person on this forum (reading it everyday), but I'm not really sure we cannot talk about any other kernel as long as it's not complaining about bugs with them. I'm more than happy user of Boeffla Kernel, and I can't see nothing bad about talking about it here, I can say more - Boeffla Kernel is a miracle that let me play my beloved GTA Chinawars for 5 hours on 3 years old battery. :) Why not to share good (improving) tips here? Do you think that CM Team is the only right and capable to improve things here?
My advice - if something improves the experience with this ROM - share it. If something breaks the beautifulness of this ROM - don't share it. Easy like that.
I'm going crazy sometimes when people report problems with Gapps - what the hell is Gapps?? I'm not using it since 2013 , so I don't have any problems with it. But why people are installing them though they make more problems than gains? I don't know. But there're still complaining abot Gapps here, not on the Google Apps forum. Is this right?

Reactions: nkirk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Build 21 Download: MEGA | XDA

This is supposed to be the last build of CM12.1, as whole CM development moved to CM13.0. You should not expect any further builds, support, or CM13.0 from me.

Questions? Use Q&A!

Suggested GAPPS
    Other GAPPS

Changelog:

Build 21
    - Updated sources

Build 20
    - Updated sources
    - Probably some other misc things I fixed/improved in the meantime

Build 19
    - Updated sources

Build 18
    - Audio related fixes mostly
    - Reverted boost to speaker & headphones, as it wasn't needed and caused disortions
    - Fixed broken AIF2 logic, earpiece speaker should now be much louder and with less disortions (Dhiru broke it :p)
    - Updated sources

Build 17
    - Misc audio corrections (+3db boost)
    - Updated sources

Build 16
    - Enabled kCollectorTypeHSpaceCompact for ART
    - Changed malloc implementation to dlmalloc
    # Both of above changes should greatly improve memory management and cut memory usage on low-memory devices
    # Thanks to arter97 for finding them out and suggesting to use in i9300

- Disabled ZRAM by default
    - Implemented dex-preoptimization for ART
    - Updated sources
    Build 15
    - [KERNEL] Added workaround for bluetooth deadlocks found in AOSP Lollipops
    - [KERNEL] Added a possibility to change wi-fi MAC address (thanks to siracuervo)
    - Updated sources
    Build 14
    - Fallback to B13 DRM blobs to fix chromecast
    - Misc HWC improvements/fixes
    - Updated sources
    Build 13
    - One more try on fixing Netflix (changed DRM blobs)
    - I decided to go back to closed-source sensors, as open-source ones still didn't satisfy me in terms of stability
    - Updated sources
    Build 12
    - Went back to closed-source sensors, as open-source ones aren't working completely perfect yet
    - Fixed netflix, it should work properly now
    - Updated sources
    Build 11
    - Increased earpiece volume slightly, as it was barely heard outdoor
    - Fixed SELinux derps introduced in B10 (sysfs denials)
    - Fixed more SELinux denials related to recently changed parts (open-source sensors & bluetooth)
    - KERNEL: Fixed dm-crypt not accepting discard requests which resulted in failed encryption (CM10.2 regression)
    - Updated sources
    Build 10
    - Fixed (compass) and reintroduced open-source sensors
    - Misc SELinux updates
    - Misc hwcomposer fixes and improvements
    - Updated sources
    - Android 5.1.1 revision 6 (LMY48G)
    - Probably other things that I forgot already
    Build 9
    - Our CM sources have been rebased and resynced to fix derps and other misc issues
    - Fixed most (if not all) hardware encoder/decoder issues
    - Improved stability, compatibility, battery life and performance drastically while encoding/decoding movies
    - hwcomposer improvements and fixes
    - Wi-Fi firmware updates & cleanup
    - Updated sources
    Build 7
    - Fixed mobile networks search (for good this time)
    - Various kernel cleanups & stability improvements
    - Added proper touchkey backlight support. They don't light up on screen touch anymore (stock behaviour)
    - Hopefully fixed Wi-Fi dropouts during night
    - Updated sources
    Build 6
    - Fixed mobile networks search
    - Various kernel cleanups & stability improvements
    - Updated sources
    Build 5
    - Kernel: Various improvements, zRAM should be more responsive now.
    - RIL: Fixed & Updated Exynos4RIL java class, long shutdown issue resolved
    - Updated sources
    Build 4
    - Android 5.1.1
    - Kernel: Changed version type to -CM-ArchiKernel-base, hope you won't mix it up with AK now
    - Kernel: Does not include BFQ anymore, CFQ is default.
    - Updated sources
    Build 3
    - Major updates to RIL (again)
    - ArchiKernel: Haptic: Made get() and store() consistent
    - Updated sources
    Build 2
    - Major updates to RIL client (V11)
    - Updated i9300 RIL header (V11)
    - Major updates to RIL blobs (XXUGOA2)
    - Network settings FC fixed
    - MMSes fixed
    - Sensors fixes
    - Added vibration intensity to stock kernel
    - Updated sources
    Build 1
    - Initial release
    - Everything what worked in CM12.0 should work, too
    - Fast overview: HWC, RIL, Wi-FI, RIL, Sensors, Camera are fine, rest is untested
    - MMSes not yet fixed (known bug from CM12.0)

Background:
    Due to lack of official maintainer for i9300 device for CyanogenMod. I, together with @Moster2 decided that we will work unofficially on i9300 device tree for CM12, to bring Lollipop goodness to our beloved Galaxy S3.
    All builds provided in this thread are UNOFFICIAL, which means that:
    - There is no official support for i9300
    - There are no OTAs available
    - There are no automated "nightglies"

At some point, we definitely will try to make proper pull requests, and maybe even support CM12 officially, but at the moment this project is in WIP - Work-In-Progress state, and many things are still broken/unusable. Until we finish, all builds are unofficial, and proper device support is not finished yet.

At the moment, this project is considered: BETA. All core functions should work, ROM shouldn't have any critical issues, but it's still not ready to mark as stable. However, it should work properly as daily driver.

Please refrain from talking about other kernels than stock. We can't track every kernel and it's problems, hence, you're using other kernels at your own risk. Please don't report bugs while you're using custom kernels.

Main developers:
    - JustArchi

Thanks to:
    - Moster2
    - dhiru1602
    - arter97

Current issues
    Manifest / Sources

We work on this project for FREE. While not mandatory, donations encourage us to continue to do so, and we'd deeply appreciate them, if you feel generous.

Donate to JustArchi

Build instructions:
    Follow CM build instructions for i9300. When doing repo init, don't forget to declare CM-12.1 branch (-b cm-12.1) instead of the default one.

Before "breakfast i9300", you must include our manifest and resync the sources:
    Code:
    croot
    cd .repo
    mkdir -p local_manifests
    cd local_manifests
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ArchiDroid/manifest/cm-12.1/roomservice.xml
    croot
    repo sync

Notice: Our manifest already includes proprietary_vendor_samsung, so don't execute ./extract-files.sh. Just repo sync.

Then follow "breakfast i9300" and the rest of the commands in original instructions, while keeping in mind above notice.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [EOL] [5.1.1] [Build 21] [BETA] [2015-11-06] CyanogenMod 12.1 for i9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    JustArchi, Moster2, arter97
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArchiDroid

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-03-29
    Last Updated 2015-11-06
    Will we ever see Android m on s3?

I'll use this opportunity to answer this once for a longer while.

Only because I didn't get new Nexus yet (and probably not going to, disappointed by S810), I do plan at least trying to bring M to i9300.

HOWEVER, the final effect highly depends on what I'll be able to achieve, how many things will be broken, and if other devs will want to help. There's a high chance that google didn't break that many things compared to LP, but I can't even take a deeper look yet, as CM is not ready yet. There's no point in building AOSP for i9300, too many things will need special treatment and hacks, so I'm patiently waiting till CM will be in buildable state. After that I'll build a first alpha and if at least core functions will work properly (such as display, calls, wi-fi), I'll probably begin releasing alphas until major portion of them will get fixed.

Again, I'd like to remind you that i9300 is officially DEAD, we have blobs dated at Android 4.3 JB, which are ALREADY NOT COMPATIBLE, which you probably noticed of not working MMSes. This is not going to get any better, this is actually going to get only worse, so the question is how worse it will become, as this will directly affect things and work that need to be done to get things working. I'm not interested in wondering how samsung's black box works as I did in the past, as I lost my patience for crapxynos already. I'm just going to take a look, perhaps do something that will work, try to fix things that did break, if I succeed, cool, if not, sorry, M for i9300 is not going to happen, at least from me.

Currently I'm still waiting for CM to fix up their things for CM13 before I ever start doing something, as sources are in non-buildable state for now. I'll most likely post updates on twitter regarding this, so if you're not following me yet, it may be wise to consider doing so.

This is the first and the last post regarding Android M for i9300 from me, as we're in CM12.1 thread and it's simply offtopic. CM13 is unrelated to this, so it's not a right place to post about it. Any updates regarding this will be only on my twitter, if I succeed, new thread will be created.
    Build 20 Download: MEGA | XDA

Suggested GAPPS
    Other GAPPS

Changelog:

Build 20
    - Updated sources

We work on this project for FREE. While not mandatory, donations encourage us to continue to do so, and we'd deeply appreciate them, if you feel generous.

Donate to JustArchi

Have fun.

This is supposed to be the last build of CM12.1, as whole CM development moved to CM13.0. You should not expect any further builds, support, or CM13.0 from me.

If you want to thank me, Moster2, arter, Dhiru, or anybody else for what you received, consider donating, even small amount such as 1$ shows that you appreciate our time and knowledge put into those things. You're using devices worth 500x more than that, giving that money to companies like Samsung who don't care about you and your S3 anymore, consider supporting things you use and like.

That's it folks, hope you enjoyed our CM. As there is nobody from "my" team working on i9300 anymore, eventual hope for M for i9300 should go directly to Dhiru, perhaps also Haxynox guys, if they know what they're doing. I'll probably use my i9300 for a while longer, then finally change it to something else in future. You can still follow me on twitter for updates.
    Build 21 Download: MEGA | XDA

Suggested GAPPS
    Other GAPPS

Changelog:

Build 21
    - Updated sources

This build was released only to include latest CM security fixes, it's really the last build now.

Donate to JustArchi

Have fun.

If you want to thank me, Moster2, arter, Dhiru, or anybody else for what you received, consider donating, even small amount such as 1$ shows that you appreciate our time and knowledge put into those things. You're using devices worth 500x more than that, giving that money to companies like Samsung who don't care about you and your S3 anymore, consider supporting things you use and like.

That's it folks, hope you enjoyed our CM. As there is nobody from "my" team working on i9300 anymore, eventual hope for M for i9300 should go directly to Dhiru, perhaps also Haxynox guys, if they know what they're doing. I'll probably use my i9300 for a while longer, then finally change it to something else in future. You can still follow me on twitter for updates.
    You've waited for this :p.

Build 10 Download: MEGA | XDA

Suggested GAPPS
    Other GAPPS

Changelog:

Build 10
    - Fixed (compass) and reintroduced open-source sensors
    - Misc SELinux updates
    - Misc hwcomposer fixes and improvements
    - Updated sources
    - Android 5.1.1 revision 6 (LMY48G)
    - Probably other things that I forgot already

Donate to JustArchi

Have fun.