Anyone used this cover: Cosmos Back Cover for Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 & i777 (AT&T)

Search This thread

fatbas202

May 15, 2009
Rolla, MO
I wouldn't get anything metal for this phone. I'm thinking that one of the big reasons that the SGS2 has a plastic back cover where the SGS had metal (in most cases) is because the GPS in the SGS sucked ass and that the plastic cover interferes with it less.

I don't know this for sure, but I would highly suspect that is a major contributing factor for the plastic.

Reactions: anikiup

MashBill

Mar 24, 2012
I wouldn't get anything metal for this phone. I'm thinking that one of the big reasons that the SGS2 has a plastic back cover where the SGS had metal (in most cases) is because the GPS in the SGS sucked ass and that the plastic cover interferes with it less.

I don't know this for sure, but I would highly suspect that is a major contributing factor for the plastic.

+1

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009

It's silver, but not metal - product info states "polycarbonate back cover". Kinda snazzy looking...

nappent

I'm not sure that is completely true. I've test my old SGS Captivate with and without the metal battery cover and there was no improvements. The GPS receiver in the phone was just crap. SGS2 has a much better gps receiver which is the simple fact.

As for the SGS2 I'm sure some more testing would need to be completed to know for sure.

fatbas202

May 15, 2009
Rolla, MO
I'm not sure that is completely true. I've test my old SGS Captivate with and without the metal battery cover and there was no improvements. The GPS receiver in the phone was just crap. SGS2 has a much better gps receiver which is the simple fact.

As for the SGS2 I'm sure some more testing would need to be completed to know for sure.

So you took the GPS antenna off of the phone and it didn't help? :)

Yep, the GPS for our beloved Cappys were crap, and there were far more contributing factors than just the metal cover.

O

Optimus-Prime

I have it. do i use it nope. its actually just a a piece of aluminum sticked to a clear case that does not fit the phone. it will scratch it. left a wittle scratch on the top corner of mine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i had one of these cases on my lg thrill 4g 3d phone, it was a decent case, looked great but the clear plastic part got pretty scratched up after not too long...