[tool] dll-to-lib

Search This thread

no2chem

Jul 18, 2007
Hi all,

Now that we can build desktop applications on RT, I noticed that the x86_arm cross toolchain provided with VS2012 is missing a good number of lib files required for compiling applications. I wrote up this powershell script that will take a directory full of dlls as a parameter and convert them to .lib files... You'll need a working copy of VS2012 for this to work.

Hopefully someone finds this useful. Happy coding!

Attachments

• dll-to-lib-1.2.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 3,225
Last edited:

no2chem

Jul 18, 2007
I updated the script to add explicit ordinals to the DEF file and also to correctly parse functions without an RVA (redirected functions)

schettj

Nov 17, 2006
updated to 1.2, fixes some files (like ws2_32) from duplicate ordinal error due to bad regex

I am still seeing that error with 1.2 on ws2_32.

What am I doing wrong?

Code:
Procssing  ws2_32.dll
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 11.00.50727.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

ws2_32.def : fatal error LNK1121: duplicate ordinal number '2'

Last edited:

schettj

Nov 17, 2006
I am still seeing that error with 1.2 on ws2_32.

What am I doing wrong?

Code:
Procssing  ws2_32.dll
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 11.00.50727.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

ws2_32.def : fatal error LNK1121: duplicate ordinal number '2'

As a follow up, when this does happen on a dll I need, I just edit the intermediate file to remove the offending lines and the run the link step manually, which seems to work.

Apr 13, 2014
Here is a working set of LIB files I use:
http://www.multiupload.nl/3I0D27IG7Y
Decompress them to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\arm\".

I know this thread is a bit old, but I was wondering if these lib files are still available somewhere? I can't seem to access the multiupload link. it gives me an error saying the files are no longer available.

I would really appreciate a download link if anyone still has them.

Thank you!

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
I've still got them at home, but I'm on a business trip right now so I'll need to get home before I could upload them. Is there some reason you can't just re-rip the LIBs using dll2lib?

Reactions: Topogigi
Apr 13, 2014
I've still got them at home, but I'm on a business trip right now so I'll need to get home before I could upload them. Is there some reason you can't just re-rip the LIBs using dll2lib?

Thanks GoodDayToDie. I think I may actually be okay. I've since figured out how to make the lib files using the script in this thread. In the next few days, probably the weekend I'm really hoping to compile my first RT program!

I hope you travel home safely.

Reactions: wayde84

mascondante

Nov 25, 2012
Western NC
Would it be possible to use this for Windows 10 Iot Core on the Raspberry Pi? I want to start porting simple apps to make this OS feel a bit more like a desktop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Now that we can build desktop applications on RT, I noticed that the x86_arm cross toolchain provided with VS2012 is missing a good number of lib files required for compiling applications. I wrote up this powershell script that will take a directory full of dlls as a parameter and convert them to .lib files... You'll need a working copy of VS2012 for this to work.

Hopefully someone finds this useful. Happy coding!
    updated to 1.2, fixes some files (like ws2_32) from duplicate ordinal error due to bad regex

Thanks GoodDayToDie. I think I may actually be okay. I've since figured out how to make the lib files using the script in this thread. In the next few days, probably the weekend I'm really hoping to compile my first RT program!

I hope you travel home safely.