[FAQ] User signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
No option anywhere in user cp to always turn signature on in each psot u write? Do you HAVE to set "signature on" always manually with each post??? o_O wtf? :eek: :p

Pls help ;)

Its always on by default.. have you set signature on in user cp? Check your cap once more...
For me I get it checked all time by default..

DanielNL

Nov 8, 2012
Ok, I found out now... But still, not that friendly for new (forum) users, after creating account (and the minimum 10 posts), trying to find a signature setting anywhere in user cp... -.- :p

Krowebar

Dec 12, 2012
Ashland
Thanks! I was confused as well when I first made my account. I like to set everything up all at once, but I understand why it's deactivated at first.

Captain Droid

Dec 6, 2012
Riyadh
Is there a way I can add my own signature on here? I heard that it is in USER CP but the option isnt there ...:confused:

Moderator Edit - Here's the answer from svetius

It may take time after reaching the 5-8 post limit for it to allow you access, this is because the process runs in the background.

And when you have enough posts, you can edit your Signature in the UserCP (on the left hand side called "Edit Signature").

Or just click here : Edit Signature

Thanks a lot , finally i got the answer.:D

Cordobes2k

Oct 11, 2012
After several months reading and learning from XDA, I finally found my sig issue... ;)
I must start writing too...
thanks.

jerad_rutnam

Jan 28, 2013
Colombo
www.jeradrutnam.com
Thanks

Is there a way I can add my own signature on here? I heard that it is in USER CP but the option isnt there ...:confused:

It may take time after reaching the 5-8 post limit for it to allow you access, this is because the process runs in the background.

And when you have enough posts, you can edit your Signature in the UserCP (on the left hand side called "Edit Signature").

Thanks "HTC_Loverboi" for the Info and explaining it. :good:

Last edited:

tobi24

Mar 6, 2013
Thanks i was wondering what was up lol I Love this site maybe next time ill spend 30 seconds searching the forums instead of spending 10 minutes looking for the sig :):eek:

Exactly the same for me! ;) I did already read a lot on this forum, now decided to register as well and wanted to setup everything before starting to post, searched and searched an option within the control panel to edit my signature, always thought it MUST BE THERE! :D Then finally after using the search-function found this thread and now know why I couldn't find the signature...

Maybe the control panel could be changed in the way, that the option "signature" is visible at least, but inactive and with the information already mentioned there? Or a link to this thread directly at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This was an effort to combat spam, and it's had a huge impact! You'll be upgraded to a full account after a certain number of posts (5 - 8 depending on the feature)--it happens automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

i wonder if how does this help in stopping spam ..... anyways .... whatever you feel is good should be good someways

People / Bots were Posting generic messages, like "Thanks this is great" or in some cases, actual responses based on words in a thread. The post it's self was not spam (although pretty pointless), but the users signature would contain 3-4 links to an online company of varying levels of trustworthiness.

We used to find one or two of these bad boys a day. Because they didn't create new threads, nor did they make it obvious to the casual observer, they were getting away with it.

I have not seen one of the so called "signature spammers" since the rules were put in place.

Dave
    Thread Closed

Here's the answer from svetius

This was an effort to combat spam, and it's had a huge impact! You'll be upgraded to a full account after a certain number of posts (5 - 8 depending on the feature)--it happens automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

If you need further help with a user signature, please go here:

[GUIDE][Noob Friendly]How to make a good signature[Noob Friendly][GUIDE]

Thank you,

mf2112
    XDA Senior Moderator
    I had the same question...this is an excellent way to manage spam users. Good job, looking forward to delving more into this forum and getting a signature!
    I was a bit upset at not being able to have a signature. Thanks Daveshaw for explaining. Its indeed a great way to stop spammers.