[Q] Random Reboots

Search This thread

dnadle

Apr 25, 2011
I've looked everywhere and have yet to find a fix to resolve the Atrix 4G random reboot issue (phone reboots multiple times a day). Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? ... love the phone, but this is driving me crazy!

Thanks to all.

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
If you're rooted, then you have full access to all system logs. I think looking at those is your only chance of figuring out why this is happening.
(Now please don't say "derp, how do I look at logs". Use forum search and google instead.)

dnadle

Apr 25, 2011
Thanks for the advice, but this reboot issue is a widespread problem (as you can see with a quick google).

I had hoped that someone in this forum might know of the problem and how to resolve.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

dnadle

Apr 25, 2011
I should also mention that this appears to be a radio firmware bug; the reboot problem doesn't happen in airplane mode, but does occur if wi-fi, data and airplane mode are all turned off.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Hum. Maybe a radio change can help?
I recall having reboots, but they were very sporadical, like one a week or less.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

dnadle

Apr 25, 2011
Additional troubleshooting information

Some additional information:
- the frequency of reboots is very dependent on my location; in some locations reboots occur multiple times/day, other locations no reboot problem which leads me to think that this is a radio firmware problem which is triggered by protocol between phone and towers
- this appears to be a widespread problem (simply search "Atrix random reboot poll" in the XDA forums)
- I've attempted all the recommended "fixes" (factory reset, new SIM card) with no success​

Any assistance would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited:

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Again, did you flashed a different radio? Files are all over xda, but i'm not sure if you can flash them with a locked bootloader

dnadle

Apr 25, 2011
Atrix radio files

Again, did you flashed a different radio? Files are all over xda, but i'm not sure if you can flash them with a locked bootloader

I do not have an unlocked bootloader; yes, there are many radio files out there, but those that have tried this haven't documented any success. I was hoping for some specific guidance vs. trying all permutations of radio file until I find something that works.

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
If you found so many reports of this issue but not a single solution, then that should tell you something. Namely, it should tell you a universal guide to fix this kind of issue simply does not exist, and it never will. Random reboots are just that - random, unpredicatable, quite hard to explain or trace, especially from afar. That is why I said the key is probably in your own logs, if even there. The best people here can tell you is "try this" or "try that" and hopefully you'll stumble upon something that will fix it. Don't hope for more than that.