[GUIDE][RECOVERY][ROOT] Install TWRP and Root (Magisk) Lenovo Z5 Pro GT [L78032]

Search This thread

Efigeah

Mar 12, 2019
Realme GT Neo 2
How to Install TWRP:
Note: that version is UNOFFICIAL TWRP-3.3.0-0524

.Pre-Requirements

ADB means Android Debug Bridge, and it is software that you should always do have installed on your PC.

Pre-Requisite 1
Make sure that you have the drivers for your phone installed on your PC.
If not, you can download and install them from here https://devsjournal.com/usb-drivers-...d-devices.html

Pre-Requisite 2

You must also install: Minimal ADB & Fastboot, you can download the software
from here https://devsjournal.com/download-min...boot-tool.html

Pre-Requisite 3
Your device needs this with unlocked bootloader
if it is not unlocked do the tutorial to unlock HERE

Pre-Requisite 4

Make sure you have enabled 'USB Debugging' and OEM Unlocking on your device
Settings -> Advanced settings -> Developer Options

PAY ATTENTION: If you do not see the Developer Options menu you need to do this:
Settings -> Device Info -> tap 6 or 7 times on the 'ZUI version' entry
A pop-up should appear, telling you 'now you are a developer'

------------------------------------------------
1) Download TWRP: recovery-TWRP-3.3.0-0524-LENOVO_Z5PRO_GT-CN-wzsx150.img
2) After getting the TWRP file put it in the same ADB folder
3) Now start the phone in bootlader by doing this:
Connect the phone to the PC
Start the Minimal ADB & Fastboot program from the PC
On the PC screen, type:

adb reboot bootloader

(A request may appear on the phone screen with permission of USB debugging, accept it)

The phone will now restart in Bootloader mode.

4) Now that you are in bootloader mode, from the PC, from the screen
Minimal ADB and Fastboot type:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.3.0-0524-LENOVO_Z5PRO_GT-CN-wzsx150.img
Sending 'recovery' (98304 KB) OKAY [ 5.970s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.539s]

Done !

---------
.How to Install Root Magisk:

QIBnj2x.png

yDOdr1S.png

FArPo7T.png

88NYXAV.png

Done !

Credits:
Maker: wzsx150
Developer Team: LR.Team

Last edited:

luigi0824

Jul 31, 2012
Santa Rosa
My device was unlocked by vendor. I'm unable to boot into twrp to root my device. The flashing is successful but it will only boot in a simple recovery where I can only install an "update.zip".

Have tried this https://xdaforums.com/z5-pro-gt/how-to/guide-unbrick-guide-lenovo-z5-pro-gt-t3915945#post81055547 but the problem remains.
Hope anyone can help. I need to root my device. Thanks
Have the same scenario as you but I haven't done the tutorial yet as I read your post and I got concerned. Have you fix you issue? Is it safe to do this tutorial?

Reactions: xDARKOx777

BlueIce84

Aug 27, 2018
No solution so far. No twrp and no root :(
Now I have flashed the original rom with ZUI 10. Works well and updated to ZUI 11.

aldolzn066

Apr 7, 2019
Have the same scenario as you but I haven't done the tutorial yet as I read your post and I got concerned. Have you fix you issue? Is it safe to do this tutorial?
I've read somewhere that you need to flash vbmeta.img if verified boot is enabled, however I couldn't find the correct img to flash anywhere. Maybe if we ask someone that has the phone already rooted.

miji2

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi 8
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
Can anyone post wzsx150's newest TWRP 3.3.1 from October 4? It's in this thread but the download link is for registered users only. I can't sign up for a Club Lenovo account.

I gave up on clublenovo. They require SMS authentication to post so even when you log in you can't post and download. TWRP 3.3.1 is also available from 4PDA. That's what I used.

Reactions: carlshark

luigi0824

Jul 31, 2012
Santa Rosa
I was able to flash the TWRP 3.3.1 but i cant root nor i cant flash anything as the folders inside the sdcard directory is showing in weird names

Last edited:

butterx2341

Dec 13, 2019
My device was unlocked by vendor. I'm unable to boot into twrp to root my device. The flashing is successful but it will only boot in a simple recovery where I can only install an "update.zip".

Have tried this https://xdaforums.com/z5-pro-gt/how-to/guide-unbrick-guide-lenovo-z5-pro-gt-t3915945#post81055547 but the problem remains.

i had the same issue and discover a solution
1) you have to manually go to your phone after you finish the flash below. DO NOT cmd fastboot reboot as it will flash stock
recovery
a) fastboot flash recovery twrp.img ( i rename the tweak recovery file to twrp.img)
b) http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=973179&st=0
(tweak recovery version 3.31)
2) after flash quickly go to your phone fastboot mode ( reminder again: do not tyoe fastboot reboot after flash successful appear in cmd)
3) manually select recovery , select english then select reboot and TWRP will appear

AA082-E2-B-7-AB1-4-B3-A-9-F44-68-E4-E72-BC439.jpg

01-BDAFD7-38-B6-4-C41-8-D68-BDB9-FE3150-C4.jpg

39-AD2-A99-CACD-496-B-BC6-A-35710-AFA7-D6-D.jpg

issues
1) i cannot manually tweak recovery via phone ( power +volume down ) as stock recovery will appear again.
A) so you need to go your PC to redo flash recovery again
B) i did a back up and redo PC flassh recovery again and mine files are stored successful
c) there is no install root in TWRP
D) about backup...
.best to back up via OTA-USB. pixel GCI crash ( QUALCOMM CRASH DUMP MODE ) my phone and my restore
file was missing as TWRP rename the restore file. spent one hour it so decide to do stock rom

current
a) I have not flash any rom yet and my original ANTUTU benchmark hovers around 300000 to 350000 based on vendor custom global rom
b) my phone model is 8gb 128gb android version 9 and lenovo version 11.0.084
c) updatess and NFC not supported
d) i opt not too root
e) bootloader still unlock

REQUEST...
would appreciate a ROM recommendation
a) have anyone flash a rom (not china stock rom) wirh an antutu beachmark abve 400000 ?

from a novice... after 2 weeks i can finally flash tweak recovery from the phonE.

about flashing stock rom..
i opt for stock rom and my antutu hovers around 409000 to 418000. from LENOVO app centre you can install play store
Screenshot-2019-12-14-14-58-29-0755737821.png

Screenshot-2019-12-14-15-40-11-1402568201.png

Screenshot-2019-12-14-15-29-56-1519464651-EDIT-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: miji2

0z4ck

May 6, 2017
Montpellier
1) you have to manually go to your phone after you finish the flash below. DO NOT cmd fastboot reboot as it will flash stock
recovery
a) fastboot flash recovery twrp.img ( i rename the tweak recovery file to twrp.img)
2) after flash quickly go to your phone fastboot mode ( reminder again: do not tyoe fastboot reboot after flash successful appear in cmd)
3) manually select recovery , select english then select reboot and TWRP will appear

issues
1) i cannot manually tweak recovery via phone ( power +volume down ) as stock recovery will appear again.
B) i did a back up and redo PC flassh recovery again and mine files are stored successful
D) about backup...
.best to back up via OTA-USB. pixel GCI crash ( QUALCOMM CRASH DUMP MODE ) my phone and my restore
file was missing as TWRP rename the restore file. spent one hour it so decide to do stock rom

current
a) I have not flash any rom yet and my original ANTUTU benchmark hovers around 300000 to 350000 based on vendor custom global rom
d) i opt not too root

REQUEST...
a) have anyone flash a rom (not china stock rom) wirh an antutu beachmark abve 400000 ?

from a novice... after 2 weeks i can finally flash tweak recovery from the phonE.

i opt for stock rom and my antutu hovers around 409000 to 418000. from LENOVO app centre you can install play store

If you boot your ZUI system, your twrp will be overwritten by a stock recovery.
However if you flash magisk, your twrp won't be overwritten anymore. If you want to preserve your twrp after rebooting on ZUI, you need to flash magisk.

Henkl

Feb 5, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
whatever I do.. the twrp wont be installed (let alone the root/magisk). ADB does say the twrp is flashed... but it will always boot to or the bootloader.. or the system (not the lenovo recovery or twrp recovery). Quiet frustrating... what can I do? Want this boy rooted!

Edit: done. The twrp linked in the tutorial is not correct use this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13mt0RLmT83BHSUBpH-J7EhaeZQ-MPYUu/view
That worked!

Last edited:
Reactions: leperman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to Install TWRP:
    Note: that version is UNOFFICIAL TWRP-3.3.0-0524

.Pre-Requirements

ADB means Android Debug Bridge, and it is software that you should always do have installed on your PC.

Pre-Requisite 1
    Make sure that you have the drivers for your phone installed on your PC.
    If not, you can download and install them from here https://devsjournal.com/usb-drivers-...d-devices.html

Pre-Requisite 2

You must also install: Minimal ADB & Fastboot, you can download the software
    from here https://devsjournal.com/download-min...boot-tool.html

Pre-Requisite 3
    Your device needs this with unlocked bootloader
    if it is not unlocked do the tutorial to unlock HERE

Pre-Requisite 4

Make sure you have enabled 'USB Debugging' and OEM Unlocking on your device
    Settings -> Advanced settings -> Developer Options

PAY ATTENTION: If you do not see the Developer Options menu you need to do this:
    Settings -> Device Info -> tap 6 or 7 times on the 'ZUI version' entry
    A pop-up should appear, telling you 'now you are a developer'

------------------------------------------------
    1) Download TWRP: recovery-TWRP-3.3.0-0524-LENOVO_Z5PRO_GT-CN-wzsx150.img
    2) After getting the TWRP file put it in the same ADB folder
    3) Now start the phone in bootlader by doing this:
    Connect the phone to the PC
    Start the Minimal ADB & Fastboot program from the PC
    On the PC screen, type:

adb reboot bootloader

(A request may appear on the phone screen with permission of USB debugging, accept it)

The phone will now restart in Bootloader mode.

4) Now that you are in bootloader mode, from the PC, from the screen
    Minimal ADB and Fastboot type:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.3.0-0524-LENOVO_Z5PRO_GT-CN-wzsx150.img
    Sending 'recovery' (98304 KB) OKAY [ 5.970s]
    Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.539s]

Done !

---------
    .How to Install Root Magisk:

QIBnj2x.png

yDOdr1S.png

FArPo7T.png

88NYXAV.png

Done !

Credits:
    Maker: wzsx150
    Developer Team: LR.Team
    recovery

issues
    D) about backup...

current
    d) i opt not too root

REQUEST...

If you boot your ZUI system, your twrp will be overwritten by a stock recovery.
    However if you flash magisk, your twrp won't be overwritten anymore. If you want to preserve your twrp after rebooting on ZUI, you need to flash magisk.

Can anyone post wzsx150's newest TWRP 3.3.1 from October 4? It's in this thread but the download link is for registered users only. I can't sign up for a Club Lenovo account.

I gave up on clublenovo. They require SMS authentication to post so even when you log in you can't post and download. TWRP 3.3.1 is also available from 4PDA. That's what I used.
    Will I lose any data if I decrypt my phone? And where do I find that pin code?

Its the pin code you use to open the phone.

And enabling does not remove data, but it does give twrp read/write permission