[Q] Can't install stock ROM through Odin, KNOX?

Search This thread

hotwire58

Mar 12, 2012
So while updating my S3 manually from 4.3 to 4.4 (i downloaded the OTA file and began to update it through recovery) the S3 became soft-bricked. This is weird because I had just updated my sister's S3 in the same exact manner, and they were both running the exact same version and software, etc. Anyhow, I tried to flash the old 4.3 stock rom back onto the phone using Odin, but i'm getting an error, and it shows "SW REV CHECK FAIL : FUSED 2 > Binary 1" on the downloading screen of my S3. After some research i've discovered that this is indeed Samsung's KNOX preventing me from flashing anything. My question is, how do I get the phone working again? It freezes on the samsung screen, so i can't actually use it. I've tried wiping cache and data, re-flashing, etc. Nothing works. I'd try to install a Custom ROM but I'm not sure if installing clockworkmod would go through or even be possible. Bottom line is, I want the phone to work again, in some capacity. Preferably stock android on 4.4, but i'll take whatever I can get.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ODIN the original ND8 tar. Be glad you didn't get any further with re-flashing 4.3. You would've been hard bricked if you had.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.