[Q] KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING Set Warranty Bit: kernel - post bad 4.4.2 root

Search This thread

0verfiend

Sep 14, 2006
I upgraded to 4.4.2 on my TMobile Galaxy S4. I did this Via KIES. Afterwards, I tried to root - and this is where things seemed to go wrong.

I used ODIN 3.185, and used T-Mobile_OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo and then installed ROOT_M919UVUAMDL.

Since then, I have the
KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit: kernel

Message at boot, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo.

I tried to use Odin to put over the top CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar
I tried also to use the SD card to update again to what I think is the stock firmware from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50977575&postcount=49&nocache=1&z=9496224221703208
When doing an update, there were a couple of errors - but it went through. However, on reboot the same error.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Reactions: amir.vahidi

0verfiend

Sep 14, 2006
Since it's a work in progress, I figure I will post as I go along.

I downloaded the 1.5gb TMB-M919UVUFNB4-20140314115123 file from the unroot link above. I then used Odin to install it... and was able to stop at step 9 - before doing the data wipe/factory restore. I can now get my phone to boot.

I am feeling so good - that I'll try to root again. ;)

Reactions: anoshwadia

0verfiend

Sep 14, 2006
Rooted, and SuperSU instaled - all is well to this point...
Since I was fairly freaked out, hopefully this helps someone down the line (or me - since I'm fast to forget).

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
You tripped the Knox flag. That's all that happened. It won't affect your ability to use the phone. You didn't do anything wrong. it's normal when you root a Knox protected device.

anoshwadia

Feb 11, 2013
I ran into the same issue as you on my TMobile Samsung Galaxy S4 and I wanted to say thanks for this post! It helped me get my phone restored back to the way it was and thankfully I didn't lose anything! Thanks so much!

Was wondering however.....how did you get it to root successfully after this?

I used this guide to try to root my phone
http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/05/how-root-cwm-recovery-on-galaxy-s4-gt.html

Did you use another set of steps?

Thanks in advance!

I downloaded the 1.5gb TMB-M919UVUFNB4-20140314115123 file from the unroot link above. I then used Odin to install it... and was able to stop at step 9 - before doing the data wipe/factory restore. I can now get my phone to boot.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I ran into the same issue as you on my TMobile Samsung Galaxy S4 and I wanted to say thanks for this post! It helped me get my phone restored back to the way it was and thankfully I didn't lose anything! Thanks so much!

Was wondering however.....how did you get it to root successfully after this?

I used this guide to try to root my phone
http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/05/how-root-cwm-recovery-on-galaxy-s4-gt.html

Did you use another set of steps?

Thanks in advance!

That procedure is so old and outdated, you should really pay attention to what you read and the sites you visit.. Everything you need is here on XDA.. Use cf-auto root to root the phone, do whatever you want afterwards..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

anoshwadia

Feb 11, 2013
Appreciate the response. I should have mentioned that I did start off at XDA. I used this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2335109
....and it led me to use that link in my previous post. I figured since it was under the forums for my device and had been stickied, it would work fine. I didn't see anyone else on that thread report the issue I ran into, possibly because it worked prior to an update I had from Tmobile.

I will try your suggestions with cf-auto root. Thanks again for the help!

That procedure is so old and outdated, you should really pay attention to what you read and the sites you visit.. Everything you need is here on XDA.. Use cf-auto root to root the phone, do whatever you want afterwards..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Railius

Jan 21, 2012
Maracaibo
You tripped the Knox flag. That's all that happened. It won't affect your ability to use the phone. You didn't do anything wrong. it's normal when you root a Knox protected device.

Hi, is there a way to get rid of it?
I'm rooted and have TWRP 2.8 no problems, also I'm on Insanity V11 ROM, but those lines are too ugly :crying::crying::crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I upgraded to 4.4.2 on my TMobile Galaxy S4. I did this Via KIES. Afterwards, I tried to root - and this is where things seemed to go wrong.

I used ODIN 3.185, and used T-Mobile_OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo and then installed ROOT_M919UVUAMDL.

Since then, I have the
    KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
    Set Warranty Bit: kernel

Message at boot, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo.

I tried to use Odin to put over the top CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar
    I tried also to use the SD card to update again to what I think is the stock firmware from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50977575&postcount=49&nocache=1&z=9496224221703208
    When doing an update, there were a couple of errors - but it went through. However, on reboot the same error.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.