[ROM][S4][ICS] Team Venom presents: ViperOneS 1.2.1 - The most innovative Sense Rom

Search This thread

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
venomSplash.gif

...presents you viperOneS rom!

If you didn't flash the rom yet...you will regret it. It's the most featured and most innovative sense rom out here on the HTC One S forums.
Some user comments:

I have been pretty silent on the the 'ROM Scene' as of late, but I feel obligated to say that this ROM is BAD ASS!!!
If you are a doubter or have been faithful to any other chefs ROMs...
...This is the ROM that is worth jumping ship and worth giving a test drive. Since I flashed, I have not had a desire to flash back or the desire to flash another ROM!

The latest 4.1.0 version has been perfect to me and beyonds my expectations! Before ur rom I have tried ARHD LEEDROID and many other local roms, none has given me the “wow, it's amazing, how he did it” feelings.

But I told my self to read a little here in ONE S Section to see how the development and theming are going for this new device...
And I saw this Thread and I have to say one thing:
That is what I call REAL DEVELOPMENT...
Not just taking a stock rom and add/remove some things....
These guys here have made your life really easy and beautiful...
These guys Rock...
It's one the best development Thread in all xda...

WOW best rom I have ever had on any of my many devices!!
Sorry I don't have anything more constructive to say but I felt that I better say something.

the tweaks are unique, u will never find that on any other HOS Rom out there

You my friend have outdone yourself. I don't need nothing more. This Rom is amazing.

This rom takes customization to a different level! I am very much impressed!

Really big thanks to you guys, you all really push the HOS custom ROM to a whole new level. It shouldn't be just one step, but should be few steps ahead. Never imagine you can customize Sense in such a new way

• Based on Android 4.0.4 + Sense 4.1 - 2.31.401.5 release-keys
  • Deodexed & Zipaligned SDK r20
  • Persistent ADB enabled
  • Init.d support
  • Busybox
  • Memory optimizations
  • Ramdisk Tweaks
  • Venom Tweaks - HUGE collection of customizable tweaks
  • Venom HUB! - download themes/read news/send feedbacks directly from your phone
  • Venom OTA! - recieve automatic viper rom updates
  • Extended Quicksettings
  • Horizontal Quicksettings
  • Advanced Power Menu
  • CM statusbar brighntess mod
  • Disabled dtm and fast dormacy, possible battery drainers
  • Added secure and blocklist folders to message app
  • All Market apps Updated to latest
  • Latest hosts file (Adaway)
  • Choose between Apex or Nova launcher in desense
  • Venom File Manager
  • Custom Venom Package Installer
  • Custom Venom Download UI

tweaks.png

Statusbar:

• Rearrange and hide Quicksettings
  • Quick quicksetting
  • Statusbar theming support - theme each icon individually!
  • Hide specific notifications icons
  • Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar!
  • choose customclock color
  • center/hide clock
  • hide am/pm
  • custom app for clock/weather click on Sense Clock widget
  • Carrier logo for statusbar
  • Replace the HSDPA icon with one of you choice. H+/4G/LTE...
  • choose transparancy or background for notifications pulldown
  • CM brighntess control
  • Hide date from notifications pulldown
  • Customize your carrier label
    - custom app on pressing carrierlabel
    - custom carrier caption
    - show carrier icon
    - show cpu info or other stuff on carrierlabel
    - hide settings icon
    - run custom app when pressing settings icon
  • choose between AOSP and Sense Recent apps dialog

Rosie Launcher:

• Ultra/smooth Rosie toggles
  • Enable unlock animation
  • Enable landscape rosie
  • Enable infinitive looping on Home
  • Lock/unlock workspaces
  • Transparent navbar
  • Disable wallpaper scrolling
  • Choose icon packs for Rosie - Works also for most ADW Icon Packs!
  • Increase rows/colums in app drawer to 5x6 and 7x3
  • Use custom background image in the app drawer
    to downloads tab
  • Transparent clock toggle
  • custom app for press on clock of htc clock widget
  • custom app for press on weather of htc clock widget

Lockscreen:

• ICS AOSP Lockscreen
  • Toggle to immediatly unlock aosp lockscreen on incoming call
  • custom carrier lockscreen text
  • Hide time on lockscreen
  • Hide apm/pm on lockscreen
  • Hide date on lockscreen
  • Hide operator on lockscreen
  • Custom shortcuts, independent from Sense shortcuts
  • Block notification pulldown on lockscreen
  • Choose back/home/menu to unlock
  • Slide 2 unlock: swype from back to menu key to unlock yor device

Buttons:

• Custom 3 finger swype gestures! Remap 3 finger swype up/down right/left to 8 custom action or a custom app of your choice
  • Configure long press delay of buttons
  • Different capacitive backlight options to control when the leds shall turn off
  • Toggle for 3 dot soft menu
  • Remap longpress home/back/recent to TEN different actions
  • Longpress home on lockscreen toggles flashlight or camera
  • Music control with volume buttons
  • Disable volume keys on lockscreen
  • Use volume up to wake the device
  • Use volume down to shut screen off
  • use volume buttons to take a picture + headsetkeys
  • use capacitive buttons to take a picture
  • Disable volume sound when pressing volume buttons

Others:

• Access hidden phone menu
  • Enable Cube animation
  • 10 Different overscroll colors
  • Highly configurable autobightnesssettings, witth manual config of each sensor value
  • Hide different items on the APM
  • Mms screen on
  • Custom HTC Car app
  • Fast dormacy toggle
  • Disable HTC SmartSync
  • Hide arrows on htc ime

Advanced Tweaks:

• Minfree configuration in tweaks
  • Fix permissions
  • zipalign apks
  • Mount system rw/ro
  • Disable logcat
  • Wipe cache/dalvik
  • Use custom fonts
  • Use custom bootsound
  • Use custom boot/downanimation

visitus.png

Get support at irc.freenode.net #venomroms

Donations.png

Donate, if you want to give us something in return.

Team One S

Donate to torxx:

Donate to iximages:

Donate to j4n87:

Donate to shnizlon:

Donate to football:

creds.png

• The whole team, all awesome guys, especially:
  • shnizlon, VinchenZop, fdb8231, j4n87, m0narx
  • Beta tester team that found a bunch of small glitches!
  • amarullz for his Aroma Installer
  • Romanbb for the original tweaks mod idea
  • lyapota for his media control mod on Desire HD
  • cyanogen for the brightness mod idea
  • Hamdir for his work on the Rosie mods - ultra/smooth rosie
  • mwr666 for his original themes, most themes in the hub are based on his.
  • brut.all for apktool - <3 (-:

Last edited:

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf

themeingtut.png

17.png
15.png
16.png

With the newly introduced venom theming its really easy to create themes yourself! At the bottom of the post attached is the venom kitchen, other required files and an easy to follow tutorial.

This is our official theming thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30658858#post30658858

Feel free to create some themes and provide it for our users in this Thread. If the theme looks nice we will add it with credits to the venom hub, so all users can download it from there!
If you got answers or a theme request you can do it as well in the theming thread.

Happy theming!

Add-on package for Viper One S

This package gives you optional bootanimations, AOSP apps and some Jelleybean apps, which can easily be flashed with comfortable Aroma Installer. We also added removal options, so you don`t need to download the full ROM again, only because you forgot to remove some bloat n the first flash

Download add-ons:

http://goo.gl/VfauH

Attachments

• Welcome_to_our_theming_tutorial.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,823
  • kitchen.rar
    4 MB · Views: 2,773
  • UOT_Battery_renamer.rar
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,796
  • VenomActivityFinder.apk
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,870
Last edited:

torxx

Mar 20, 2011
trickdroid.org
faq.png

Q: My data icon is switching from G to H even if I have full speed?!
A: Known issue, can't be fixed in near future

Q: My WiFi is not working correctly?!
A: It is because you did the Android 4.0.4 TMOBILE US update, try to flash the partition patch or you have to live with it

Q: How do I install the Rom?!
A: Installation instructions are in the 5th post at the bottom.

Q: What`s the md5 sum thing?
A: It ensures, that the Rom is downloaded correct and completely to avoid weird issues when installing/using the Rom. Google for "md5 sum checker" and you should find what you need.

Q: My phone stucks on HTC splash screen
A: "fastboot erase cache" in fastboot and flash the boot.img or use the boot.img flasher provided here.

Q: Whats the boot.img. Why we need to flash it?
A: The boot.img is the kernel and has to be flashed if you want your Rom running well. HTC Dev Unlock doesn`t allow to install the kernel directly when installing the Rom in recovery, that`s why you need to install it manually.

Q: I found a theme or mod, will it work on this rom?
A: It's NOT recommended to use mods/themes that don`t clearly state, that they are compatible with our Rom. Themes/Mods always use framework files which will break mods/stuff in our Rom.

Q: My question is not listed here, what to do?
A: Ensure you used the xda search, google and your brain before asking a question in the thread. If you can`t find an answer yourself we will answer your question for sure! (-:

Q: What`s that CM Status Bar brightness mod?
A:

Q: Why does the CM Status Bar brightness mod not work on my device?
A: Make sure Auto Brightness is NOT activated

Q: Why do I have an empty space in EQS?
A: Just hide NFC in tweaks hide n reorder, our device does not support NFC

Q: Why does show unlock animation not work?
A: It DOES work as long as you`ve been on homescreen before you locked and have the clock widget there.

Q: Why is infinite scrolling sometimes laggy and I even see an empty screen?
A: The implementation is still buggy, but we left it on user request.

Q: What`s the Ultra/smooth Rosie?
A: Your HTC Widgets got some kind of 3D effect which may make your Rosie laggy. You can see that 3D effect clearly on the HTC 4x4 Weather widget.

• Smooth: Flattens all widgets besides the one you start scrolling
  • Ultra: Flattens all widgets for best performance

Q: The cube effect isn't working on the app drawer
A: The cube effect just appears when you swype from the all tabs over to the frequent to the download tab.

Q: Volume wake isn`t working after some time when the device is in deep sleep.
A: This is a kernel issue, no way I can fix it in the Rom.

Q: How do I know whether a tweak needs a reboot to work?
A: Usually the white reboot button top right corner will turn white. Just press it and your device or Status bar will reboot and apply the tweak.

Q: I have problems ending a call, problems with lags when making a call, or low volume issues.
A: Some users reported that it`s related to the fine/finest volume tweak. Set it to normal to fix your issue.

Q: I have Dialer or other FC after a mod/Theme/Rom flash?
A: Always fully boot your device first, then boot again in recovery. One S creates some cache issues after flashes, which most of the time are solved when wiping cache in recovery.

Q: I need someone repackaging a kernel
A: Kernels don`t need to be repacked for our Rom. We don`t have ramdisk tweaks. So you are able to flash the kernel straight from the kernel devs thread.

Q: What are the correct sizes for the app drawer and notfication pulldown background?
A: Try 540x960.

Q: What are the correct sizes for custom carrier logo?
A: Try 100x100

Q: Why are there not enough custom options in Status Bar and Sense Theming section?
A: Click on GET MORE first and install your favorite theme packs first ;).

Q: What`s the Venom Hub?
A: The Hub is the place, where you can download and install new themes, icon or font packs.

Q: I want to apply new custom Status Bar logo?
A: Again - the Hub is the place or make your own and choose it from your SD.

Q: Why do I need the additional addon package?
A: You don`t need iit, but it saves you the hassle to download the full ROM, if you only want to remove bloatware or add useful stuff like new boootanimations, fonts or AOSP apps.

Q: I installed Venom Red Theme on 1rst ROM installation, but I don`t see anything red?
A: You need to activate Skin under personalize, Status Bar and Sense Themes in Tweaks app first.

Q: Will there be CRT On/OFF support in the next release?
A: NOT possible, because HTC changes some required code in their libs, that makes it impossible.

Q: Several HTC Widgets are missing - can't add them to my homescreen.
A: Settings->apps->all apps: choose HTC Sense and clear data.

More information in Post7!

Last edited:

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
Changelog.png

Code:
[B][SIZE=4]ViperOneS 1.2.1[/B][/SIZE]

[LIST]
[*]Completely rebuild and optimized
[*]Compressed all files with latest tools
[*]Removed debugging/checkin code in smali by HTC
[*]Zipaligned with latest SDK r21
[*]Improved overall performance
[*]New Rosie (might be a bit smoother)
[*]Removed HTC Sense signature check
[*]All skins in hub work
[*]Fixed dialer not working correctly
[*]Fixed Friendstream not working for people who downloaded the new build
[*]Fixed small sizing issue in settings
[*]Fixed Sweep2Wake toggle in tweaks app not working (especially edited for Zarboz kernel)
[*]Fixed Youtube HD and screen off playback
[*]Cleaned and fixed exchange mod in AROMA
[*]Updated and cleaned AROMA binary
[*]Updated third party apps
[*]Other minor changes and fixes
[/LIST]

[B]Note: [/B] If you toggle Quicksettings style, check or uncheck quick-quick settings once, if you also want to activate vertical QS

bugs.png

Pls use our google issue tracker to report bugs and request features. Thx!

Team Venom - ViperOneS: Google Issue Tracker

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the Boot.img Flash Script from here
  2. Download the Rom
  3. Extract the Boot.img Flash Script on your PC
  4. Connect your One S to the PC (USB Disk Mode), copy ViperOneS_xx.zip (the ROM) to your HTC One S
  5. Connect your One S via USB and ensure you have HTC Sync installed, you need the drivers to be able to use fastboot
  6. Uncheck fastboot in Settings->Power, then shut down your HTC One S completely (don't reboot, shut it down).
  7. Press and hold volume down, then press power (keep holding volume down!) until your screen shows the hboot menu, navigate to recovery (use volume keys)and press the power button once to jump into recovery mode.
  8. In Recovery choose install zip from sd -> choose zip file and navigate with your volume buttons to the downloaded Rom and hit power and confirm with yes.
  9. Now the Aroma installer should show, if you have the touch recovery installed you can use your screen to navigate through it, otherwise use the volume buttons and confirm with the power button.
  10. IMPORTANT: if you come from another Rom, pls choose FULLWIPE
  11. After you configured it, reboot to your bootloader in fastboot mode
  12. Now go to your extracted Boot.img Flash Script folder:
  13. Depending on your OS of your PC you need to run the file like normal:
  14. Windows: flash-boot-windows.bat
  15. MAC: flash-boot-mac.sh
  16. Linux: flash-boot-linux.sh
  17. When the commands were successful, press power again to go back to the hboot
  18. Navigate with your volume button to "Recovery" and reboot or reboot via cmd with "fastboot reboot"
  19. Finally we highly recommend specifically for One S to boot again in recovery and wipe cache. Please do that also, whenever you flash any addons or mods – always boot your device first, then boot again in recovery and wipe cache.
  20. Recommendation - with "Flash Image GUI" from joeykrim you can alternatively flash boot.img on your device, no need to fastboot anymore - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1954121&page=2

Last edited:

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
Venom Tweaks documentation

Venom Viper One S Tweaks Documentation - a long guide through the tweaks options

Tweaks for Version 1.0.0​

Introduction
The Tweaks basically enable the user to modify many aspects of the Android and Sense system. Since these are all non-generic things, meaning not authored, tested and verified by HTC, they can and will contain bugs and can and will cause issues on your device. However, we are trying to even out as many of them as possible over time. You are welcome to report any unknown problems to us. Before you report though, go through this document and check if it’s already a known thing. Then we don’t need a report. It is also a good idea to check the FAQ section before reporting.
The Tweaks consist of two Apps. One is the actual tweaking App, which is responsible for executing the tweaks and one is the Venom Hub, which serves the contents. Both are linked up. You can access the Hub from within the Tweaks App. Once you downloaded content in the HUB and pressed install, you can change to the Tweaks App and select your content there for activation.

Disclaimer
Since you read and understood the above, you are aware that these modifications will void your warranty and you are the sole responsible person for these changes. We do not accept any responsibility for damage to your device, software and/or personal data stemming from your use of the tweaks app or the HUB and content. We neither accept any claims concerning damage to your private life in consequence of excessive Viper Contact. This is defined as addiction and needs a psychiatrist. We also do not pay lawyers for Divorce Cases resulting from Wife Neglection.

Document Logic:
The Tweaks App has a title bar at the top, its functions in the middle and a Tab-Bar at the bottom.
The title bar has a caption reading the current ROM Name and Version at the left hand side and a square button at the right side. This button is essential. It shows a white circle which is grayed out if you can enable a tweak without a reboot and it turns white as soon as a reboot is required. Watch this button. If you see that you need to do a reboot, it is important to do it right away (before enabling more tweaks) to ensure correct execution of the Tweak. If you don’t, you might find that some tweaks did not apply and you will have to repeat it.
The middle section is white with several compartments separated by Headlines, containing various tweak functions or links to a subpage. A subpage can be another full menu with functions and/or links to a sub-subpage. It can also be a List or a Pop-Up.

The Tab-Bar has 7 Tabs.
We will now go through the seven Tabs sequentially, starting at the most left. For each Tab, the subpages will be titled as they are in the App and follow the main page description.
I now decided to leave the document without screenshots as those would just make the post very massive and up till now there had only been a few people not understanding the tweaks. Please feel free to ask if you do not understand something.
I will use numbering from 1 to 7 for the tabs, letters from a-z for the Tweak Items and letters from a-z for the subpages. So a Tab is 1, a Tweak Item is 1.a, a subpage to that Tweak Item is 1.a.a.

1. Tab: “About”
Shows a link to the XDA Thread instead of the reboot option in the title bar.

Shows links to the main developers and their Profiles, also their donate link.
Shows a link to various Social Sites to stay up to date with Venom.
Shows a link to the “Profiles” Function at the Bottom.

--> Profiles can be saved after you have set up your Venom ROM and can be used to later restore all your tweaks automatically if you happen to reflash your ROM.
--> The Profile will be saved as “1.xml” (for first Profile) to the folder \sdcard\Venom\Profiles

2. Tab: Statusbar
Shows the reboot button at the top right

Headline: Quicksettings Tweaks

2.a. Item: “Hide quick Settings
--> The ROM has Quick Settings enabled by default (Pull-Down Menu, Settings Tab). You can disable them here.

2.b. Item: “Hide n Reorder
--> You can hide specific settings and/or change their order of appearance here
Hint: This function will open up a subpage with all QS Items listed, showing an “X” Button at the left and three bars at the right. Click the “X” for disabling, touch and drag the three-bars to move and reorder your settings.

2.c. Item: “Quick-quick Settings
--> You can enable this to make the QS appear automatically, if there is no notifications in the Pulldown. It will then show you the QS as soon as you pull down the Statusbar.

Headline: Statusbar Tweaks

2.d. “Statusbar theme Support” - link to subpage

2.d.a Item: "Theme Pack" - link to Sub-Subpage

--> you can pick any Theme-Pack you downloaded via the Hub (Download Button in previous page) on this sub-subpage.

Headline: Icons
--> Below that Headline, you see a list of all Icons which are in the currently selected Theme Pack. You can apply all of them at once by just clicking the reboot-circle at the top right or you can pick single icons only by tapping on any of the icons and then selecting the respective pack on the appearing sub-subpage. These Sub-Subpages will not be numbered as there count differs, depending on how many icons there are in the pack. There basically is one sub-subpage for each icon.
Hint: select the Pack which contains most icons you want to use with the “Theme Pack” link, then pick the single ones you want to have with other icons. If you do it vice-versa, it’s more work ;)

2.e. Item: “Hide specific notification options” - link to subpage

--> Here you can select any icon from the notifications by clicking the radio-button at the right to hide it from the notification bar. When done, click OK at the bottom.

2.f. Item: “Battery Options” – link to subpage

Headline: Battery options

2.f.a. Item: “Battery Icon” – link to Sub-Subpage
--> here you can change the battery icon the same way as described in sub-subpage 2.d.a. and "Icons"

Item: “Hide Icon
--> Disable the Battery Icon completely here.

2.f.b. Item: “Battery text style” - link to Sub-Subpage
--> Choose between regular, small, no or hide Percent Symbol (%)

2.f.c. Item: “Show MIUI bar
--> Here you can show the MIUI Style Battery bar at the very top of the Phone screen.

2.f.d. Item: “MIUI Bar hight” – is a slider
--> Here you can adjust the hight (or: “thickness”) of the bar, max is the hight of the status-bar, min is one pixel-row.

Headline: Battery text color settings
Hint: this is for the Battery TEXT, not for the Icon!

2.f.e. Item: “Automatically color
--> Here you can enable the battery text being colored automatically according to its charging state. It will go through four state from green (full) to red (empty).

2.f.f. Item: “Static battery color” – is a color picker
--> Click the white square, it will bring up a color picker pop-up to let you chose a static color for the battery text so it won’t change with charging states. Only available if automatically color is switched off.

2.f.g. Item: “Manual Color
--> Is an alternative to the color picker, here you can enter an exact HEX value of the color you want.
2.f.h. Item: “[Auto] charging color” – is a color picker
2.f.i. Item: “[Auto] regular color” – is a color picker
2.f.j. Item: “[Auto] medium level color” – is a color picker
2.f.k. Item: “[Auto] low level color” – is a color picker
--> All four let you pick battery text color values for the 4 charging states.

Headline: MIUI battery bar color settings
Hint: These items become available if you activate “Show MIUI Battery Bar”

2.f.l. Item: "Automatically color"
--> Colors MIUI Bar according to the charging state automatically

2.f.m. Item: “Static battery Color
--> Pick a static color for a non changing MIUI Bar

2.f.n. Item: “Manual Color
--> Put in a HEX value of your preferred color

2.f.o. Item: “[Auto] charging color” – is a color picker
2.f.p. Item: “[Auto] regular color” – is a color picker
2.f.q. Item: “[Auto] medium level color” – is a color picker
2.f.r. Item: “[Auto] low level color” – is a color picker
--> All four let you pick MIUI battery bar color values for the 4 charging states.

2g. Item: "Clock Options" – link to subpage

2.g.a. Item: "Clock Style"
--> Opens a Pop-Up to choose the location of the clock, “Hide”, “Normal”, “Center”.

2.g.b. Item: “Choose Clock Color
--> Lets you choose a color for your Clock with a color picker.

2.g.c. Item: “Manual Color
--> Put in a HEX value of your preferred color

2.g.d. Item: “Hide AM/PM
--> With this Option you can hide the AM and PM letters when using the 12 Hours Clock.

2.h. Item: “Custom Status Bar Logo” – link to picture hub
--> If you enable this tick box, it will open up your preferred picture hub and lets you choose a picture. It only takes 100x100 pixel .png pictures though.

2.i. Item: “High Speed Mobile Data Icon
--> Opens up a pop-up and lets you pick an alternate Icon for your 3G connection like e.g. “H+” or “LTE”.

2.j. Item: “Transparency
--> Opens up a Pop-Up with two sliders for Home-Screen and In-App Transparency. Adjust them the way you want to have your Status-Bar.

2.k. Item: “CM Brightness Control
--> Enables a function from Cyanogenmod to use the Statusbar as a brightness slider. Slide the Statusbar from left to right and back for increasing/decreasing the brightness.

Headline: Notification Pull-Down Tweaks

2.l. Item: “Hide Date
--> Use this if you want to completely remove the Date from the statusbar.

2.m. Item: “Carrier Label” – link to subpage

2.m.a. Item: “Run Custom App
--> Enables a custom app to be launched when you click on the carrier label in the Pull-Down menu.

Headline: First Line

2.m.b. Item: "Notification bar caption"
--> Opens a text-input Box, lets you define your own caption for Notification Bar. The Caption usually displays the operator name and will then display your own text.

2.m.c. Item: “Show Carrier Icon
--> Picking this links you to your picture hub where you can pick a custom carrier logo picture or whatever you like. Size: 100x100.
Hint: this is better done via the Venom HUB app! Goto: Operator Logos there and tap the one you want and it installs directly.

Headline: Second Line

2.m.d. Item: “Carrier Second Label
--> Opens up a Pop-Up list with possible information sources, you can for example select CPU speed to be displayed underneath your Carrier Caption and Logo in the Pull-Down Menu.

2.m.e. Item: “Color of second line
--> Lets you pick a color for the second line text.

2.m.f. Item: “Show Icon
--> Displays a tiny icon before the second line text for the chosen function.

Headline: Settings Button

2.m.g. Item: "Hide Settings"
--> Hides the settings Icon in the Notification Pull-Down. Can make sense if you use the QS a lot or have a settings link on your home screen.

2.m.h. Item: “Custom App
--> The Settings-Button can be linked to another App. It can start whatever app you like.

2.n. Item: “Background Color
--> You can here choose a different color for the color of the Pull-Down Menu.

2.o. Item: “Use Background Image
--> Opens up your favorite picture hub and lets you pick any picture as a background. Be careful though. For it to look good it should have a size of 720x1280 pixels.

Headline: Recent Apps Dialogue

2.p. Item: “Dialogue Style”
--> Let’s you switch between default Sense and Android 4.0 Recent Apps manager.

3. Tab: Sense

Headline: “Home screen

3a. Item: “Smooth Rosie Tweaks”
--> Opens a Pop-Up where you can choose between normal, super and ultra smooth Rosie. Super flattens all 3D effects out of all widgets when scrolling, except the one you start scrolling with, Ultrasmooth also flattens the one you started scrolling with. This tends to make the Home Screen Experience better and less lagged.

3.b. Item: “Show unlock animation
--> When you unlock your Phone and you had been on Homescreen before, it gives you a carousel-effect. This only works if you have a HTC Clock on the Home Screen.

3.c. Item: “Enable Landscape
--> Makes the Homescreen show in Landscape.

3.d. Item: “Infinite Scrolling
--> Makes the scroll go beyond the last Home Screen Panel and start again with the first. Unfortunately this is laggy and doesn’t work right. We left it in the Tweaks on User Request. This is no good tweak at this time.

3.d. Item: “Transparent Navigation bar
--> This makes the Nav bar transparent and only lets the Icons be visible. Works both in landscape and Portrait.

3.e. Item: “Scrolling Wallpaper
--> Originally meant to enable the scroll of the wallpaper on the home screen, but its now an included feature in Sense 4.1 and not needed anymore. It will be taken out in a future version.

3f. Item: “Icon Pack
--> This pops up a subpage where you can see the Icon-Packs you downloaded via the Venom Hub. Here you can click on a pack and choose all or single icons only for Sense.

Headline: App-Drawer

3.g. Item: “Increased App Drawer
--> Tightens the Icons in the App-Drawer so you have more on one page, less pages.

3.h. Item: “Background Color
--> Lets you pick a different background color for the App-Drawer with a color-picker.

3.i. Item: “Use background Image
--> Lets you pick a 720x1280 Picture as background if you prefer that over a mono-color.

Headline: HTC Clock Widget

3j. Item: “Clock
--> Pick any app to start when you touch the clock.

3k. Item: “Weather
--> Pick any app to start when touching the Weather.

3.l. Item: “Transparent Clock
--> Makes the bigger Clock Background transparent, from the small bar clock also when in landscape.

4. Tab: Lockscreen
Headline: AOSP Options

4.a. Item: “AOSP Lockscreen
--> Exchanges the Sense Lockscreen for the AOSP Version.

4.b. Item: “AOSP Incoming Call
--> Only active with AOSP Lockscreen enabled. Makes the Phone unlock straight away when a call is coming in.

Headline: Appearance

4.c. Item: “Orientation
--> Lets you pick how to show the Lockscreen: Only Portrait, Only Landscape or Automatic.

4.d. Item: “Carrier Caption
--> Opens a Textbox where you can put in any Text you like to be displayed on the Lockscreen instead of the Operator name.

4.e. Item: “Hide Carrier Label”.
--> Hides the Operator Label. If you defined a Text before, don’t check this.

4.f. Item: “Hide date/time
--> Hides Date and Time from the Lockscreen.

4.f. Item: “Shortcuts” – link to subpage

4.f.a. Item: “Hide Shortcut Lables
--> Makes the textlabels of the Lockscreen Shortcuts invisible.

4.f.b. Item: “Custom Shortcuts
--> If checked, it enables the four following items where you can change each shortcut on the lockscreen to a custom app.

Headline: Applications
4.f.c to 4.f.f: customize each shortcut with your favorite apps.

Headline: Other

4.g. Item: “Block Pull-Down
--> When checked, this blocks the Pull-Down Menu on Lockscreen.

4.h. Item: “Enable Slide 2 Unlock
--> When checked, this lets you unlock your lockscreen by sliding your finger from back-key to Menu-Key (Recent Apps Key)

4.i. Item: “Button to unlock
--> Lets you pick a custom button to unlock your lockscreen.

5. Tab: Buttons

Headline: Define Gestures

5.a. Item: “3-Finger gesture” – link to subpage
--> With this option you can toggle the 3-finger swipe on screen gestures.

5.a.a. Item:"Enable 3-Finger Gesture"
The Subpage brings up 4 Items for Up, Down, Left, Right. Clicking on them brings up another Pop-Up which lets you select actions from a list for each gesture.

Headline: Other

5.b. Item “long press Options” – link to subpage
The Subpage lets you configure the options for Long Press Actions.

5.b.a. Item: “Long Press Back
--> Brings up a pop-up with delay times for when to activate the longpress function. Measured in milliseconds.

5.b.c. Item: “Long Press Menu/Recent
--> Brings up a pop-up with delay times for when to activate the longpress function. Measured in milliseconds.

5.b.d. Item: “Long Press Home

5.b.e. Item: “Long Press Volume

5.b.f. Item: “Long Press Home Lock Screen
--> Brings up a pop-up with delay times for when to activate the longpress function of the home button on Lockscreen. Measured in milliseconds.

5.b.g. Item: “Long Press system delay
--> Brings up a pop-up with delay settings for system delay on the longpress function.

5.c. Item: “Capacitive Backlight
--> This lets you choose different illumination-off times for the button backlights.

5.d. Item: “Soft Menu Bar
--> Disables the software 3-dot button bar. Can also be disabled in Sense since latest releases.

Headline: Capacitive Button Remapping

5.d. Item: “Long Press Home
--> Lets you choose a Longpress action for the Home Button

5.e. Item: “Long Press Back
--> Lets you choose a longpress action for the Back button.

5.f. Item: “Recent Apps Button(referring to the short press action here)
--> This can either be set to Menu or Recent Apps. No other actions.

5.g. Item: “Long Press Menu/Recent
--> Lets you choose a longpress action for the Menu/Recent button.

5.h. Item: “Lockscreen longpress home
--> Lets you choose a longpress action for the Home Button on the lockscreen.

Headline: Volume/Camera button options

5.i. Item: “Volume Keyes music control
--> Lets you pick an action for the Volume keys. You can use them for Prev, Next, Play/Pause on the default player or for Prev/Next on a 3rd Party player.

5.j. Item: “Disable Volume Keys
--> You can opt to fully disable the volume keys here.

5.k. Item: “Volume up Screen on
--> You can use volume up to switch on the screen with this option.

5.l. Item: “Volume Down Screen Off
--> You can use volume down to switch the screen off with this option.

5.m. Item: “Volume Up
--> Here you can set the Volume Up key as camera trigger.

5.n. Item: “Capacitive as Camera button
--> Brings up a Pop-Up, where you can choose any of the 3 capacitive Buttons to act as cam trigger.

5o. Item: “Disable Volume Sound
--> You can mute the sound of the volume buttons here. Useful if you are often in quiet surroundings.

6. Tab: Misc

Headline: Network Setting

6.a. Item: “Phone Info
--> Brings up a native HTC Phone Info screen with options you can set. These are not documented here and partially dangerous. Please do not use them unless you know exactly what you do. Some of the functions write into the Radio Settings and cannot be undone without flashing the Radio. Since this is difficult or even impossible on the One S, one should refrain from using this without expert knowledge.

Headline: Different Tweaks

6.b. Item: “Enable Cube animation
--> Gives you a Cube-like animation on HTC Sense Tab Bar. When sliding fingers from one tab to next, the Window will spin like a Cube.

6.c. Item: “Overscroll Color
--> Here you can set the Color, which lightens up if you over scroll any list at the borders of the list or screen.

6.d. Item: “Auto Backlight Brightness
--> Opens a Pop-Up with multiple sliders to fine-tune brightness settings. Experiment with it.

6.f. Item: “Power Menu Items
--> Opens a Pop-Up where you can select the items you want to show on Power Menu

6.g. Item: “MMS Screen On
--> Makes the Screen light up when a message arrives.

6.h. Item: “Custom Navigation App
--> Links your preferred Navigation App with Google Car Mode Nav Button.

6.i. Item: “Disable Fast Dormancy
--> Network specific feature. Hard, to find out if your network supports it. Just experiment with it. If you notice trouble with connections, higher battery drain and such, go back to previous setting.

6.j. Item: “Disable Smart Sync
--> Disables the smart syncing feature for HTC Sense. Can help that your device doesn’t turn off wifi when you sleep. Experiment with it if you are curious what it does.

6.k. Item: “Hide Arrows
--> Disabels the Arrow Keys on the HTC Keyboard.

7. Tab: Advance

Headline: Tweaks Developer

7.a. Item: “Minfree settings
--> Pops up a window with sliders to adjust the Kill levels for different app types. How to set--> Purely experimental. Check the Web for guides on how to play with it. The default setting is pretty good on average, only change if you encounter problems with multitasking and such. You can also mess up your Android a fair bit here. So be careful.

Headline: Fixing/Optimizing

7.b. Item: “Fix Permissions
--> Runs a command that corrects all file permissions in Android. Can also cause trouble but usually it helps with issues.

7.c. Item: “Zipalign all APK’S
--> Runs the “zipalign” process on all user apk’s. This can be handy as not all App Devs do a zipalign and that makes the APK behave bad on memory. Zipaligning them can make them run better in memory.

Headline: System

7.d. Item: “Mount Sytem r/w
--> Mounts the System with Read and Write permissions for file browsers. This can potentially be dangerous because malware could abuse that but on the other hand, its helpful too if you like messing with your system and malware could also execute this command anyway, since you already run the device as root user.

7.e. Item: “Disable Logcat
--> disables the logcat of the system. Makes it a little faster and use a wee bit less juice but you won’t be able to provide your Dev with a LogCat if you have problems. These logs are incredibly helpful for debugging. So just try it out if it betters anything for you.

Headline: Wipe

7.f. Item: “Wipe Cache
--> As the name suggests, this wipes the cache partition. Saves you a reboot into recovery.

7.g. Item: “Wipe Dalvik Cache
--> See above!

Headline: Fonts

7.h. Item: “Use Custom Font
--> Lets you pick a custom font pack, also downloadable via the hub for example.

Headline: Boot

7.i. Item: “Custom boot animation
--> Lets you pick a custom bootanimation. Those can also be obtained via the Hub for example.

7.j. Item: “Custom Down Animation
--> Same as above for down animation.

7.k. Item: “Disable Boot sound
--> If you haven’t done that already while installing (in Aroma Installer) you can now disable boot sound here.

This concludes the tweaks. Be sure to let me know wrong or missing descriptions. I did never use all tweaks and since the Dev team had been incredibly busy and could not answer every question I asked, some items descriptions are mere guesses and might not be fully correct. My sincere apologies :D
We don't want to misguide and confuse our users here, do we? ;)

Sneakyghost

viperbetateambanner.png

Last edited:

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
This has been a tremendous journey, since Viper One S is far away from an ordinary custom ROM. I have never seen so many code changes, ten thousands of new lines have been added and the result is the most customizable ROM ever. This beast is even directly connected to the cloud with the option to download many Themes from Venom Hub and receive OTA updates.

I really need to thank especially torxx, who is just a fantastic dev and a great guy, the genuises behind that project j4n87 and monarx, the entire team, especially Vin and shniz who are really very helpful and nice guys. Last but not least a huge thx to our entire Beta team , you find all there names under credits, make sure you hit thx for them, since they hav spent hours testing and flashing and on out teamchat. Their help was really valuable and they all are an important part of our Team.

I really hope you enjoy this ROM as much as we already did during the testing period and be friendly and patient in this thread. We all are here for fun and want to enjoy the best device HTC has build (sorry X users...) with the best Sense ROM available on the market.

So enjoy guys :cowboy:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    venomSplash.gif

...presents you viperOneS rom!

If you didn't flash the rom yet...you will regret it. It's the most featured and most innovative sense rom out here on the HTC One S forums.
    Some user comments:

I have been pretty silent on the the 'ROM Scene' as of late, but I feel obligated to say that this ROM is BAD ASS!!!
    If you are a doubter or have been faithful to any other chefs ROMs...
    ...This is the ROM that is worth jumping ship and worth giving a test drive. Since I flashed, I have not had a desire to flash back or the desire to flash another ROM!

The latest 4.1.0 version has been perfect to me and beyonds my expectations! Before ur rom I have tried ARHD LEEDROID and many other local roms, none has given me the “wow, it's amazing, how he did it” feelings.

But I told my self to read a little here in ONE S Section to see how the development and theming are going for this new device...
    And I saw this Thread and I have to say one thing:
    That is what I call REAL DEVELOPMENT...
    Not just taking a stock rom and add/remove some things....
    These guys here have made your life really easy and beautiful...
    These guys Rock...
    It's one the best development Thread in all xda...

WOW best rom I have ever had on any of my many devices!!
    Sorry I don't have anything more constructive to say but I felt that I better say something.

the tweaks are unique, u will never find that on any other HOS Rom out there

You my friend have outdone yourself. I don't need nothing more. This Rom is amazing.

This rom takes customization to a different level! I am very much impressed!

Really big thanks to you guys, you all really push the HOS custom ROM to a whole new level. It shouldn't be just one step, but should be few steps ahead. Never imagine you can customize Sense in such a new way

• Based on Android 4.0.4 + Sense 4.1 - 2.31.401.5 release-keys
    • Deodexed & Zipaligned SDK r20
    • Persistent ADB enabled
    • Init.d support
    • Busybox
    • Memory optimizations
    • Ramdisk Tweaks
    • Venom Tweaks - HUGE collection of customizable tweaks
    • Venom HUB! - download themes/read news/send feedbacks directly from your phone
    • Venom OTA! - recieve automatic viper rom updates
    • Extended Quicksettings
    • Horizontal Quicksettings
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • CM statusbar brighntess mod
    • Disabled dtm and fast dormacy, possible battery drainers
    • Added secure and blocklist folders to message app
    • All Market apps Updated to latest
    • Latest hosts file (Adaway)
    • Choose between Apex or Nova launcher in desense
    • Venom File Manager
    • Custom Venom Package Installer
    • Custom Venom Download UI

tweaks.png

Statusbar:

• Rearrange and hide Quicksettings
    • Quick quicksetting
    • Statusbar theming support - theme each icon individually!
    • Hide specific notifications icons
    • Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar!
    • choose customclock color
    • center/hide clock
    • hide am/pm
    • custom app for clock/weather click on Sense Clock widget
    • Carrier logo for statusbar
    • Replace the HSDPA icon with one of you choice. H+/4G/LTE...
    • choose transparancy or background for notifications pulldown
    • CM brighntess control
    • Hide date from notifications pulldown
    • Customize your carrier label
      - custom app on pressing carrierlabel
      - custom carrier caption
      - show carrier icon
      - show cpu info or other stuff on carrierlabel
      - hide settings icon
      - run custom app when pressing settings icon
    • choose between AOSP and Sense Recent apps dialog

Rosie Launcher:

• Ultra/smooth Rosie toggles
    • Enable unlock animation
    • Enable landscape rosie
    • Enable infinitive looping on Home
    • Lock/unlock workspaces
    • Transparent navbar
    • Disable wallpaper scrolling
    • Choose icon packs for Rosie - Works also for most ADW Icon Packs!
    • Increase rows/colums in app drawer to 5x6 and 7x3
    • Use custom background image in the app drawer
      to downloads tab
    • Transparent clock toggle
    • custom app for press on clock of htc clock widget
    • custom app for press on weather of htc clock widget

Lockscreen:

• ICS AOSP Lockscreen
    • Toggle to immediatly unlock aosp lockscreen on incoming call
    • custom carrier lockscreen text
    • Hide time on lockscreen
    • Hide apm/pm on lockscreen
    • Hide date on lockscreen
    • Hide operator on lockscreen
    • Custom shortcuts, independent from Sense shortcuts
    • Block notification pulldown on lockscreen
    • Choose back/home/menu to unlock
    • Slide 2 unlock: swype from back to menu key to unlock yor device

Buttons:

• Custom 3 finger swype gestures! Remap 3 finger swype up/down right/left to 8 custom action or a custom app of your choice
    • Configure long press delay of buttons
    • Different capacitive backlight options to control when the leds shall turn off
    • Toggle for 3 dot soft menu
    • Remap longpress home/back/recent to TEN different actions
    • Longpress home on lockscreen toggles flashlight or camera
    • Music control with volume buttons
    • Disable volume keys on lockscreen
    • Use volume up to wake the device
    • Use volume down to shut screen off
    • use volume buttons to take a picture + headsetkeys
    • use capacitive buttons to take a picture
    • Disable volume sound when pressing volume buttons

Others:

• Access hidden phone menu
    • Enable Cube animation
    • 10 Different overscroll colors
    • Highly configurable autobightnesssettings, witth manual config of each sensor value
    • Hide different items on the APM
    • Mms screen on
    • Custom HTC Car app
    • Fast dormacy toggle
    • Disable HTC SmartSync
    • Hide arrows on htc ime

Advanced Tweaks:

• Minfree configuration in tweaks
    • Fix permissions
    • zipalign apks
    • Mount system rw/ro
    • Disable logcat
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Use custom fonts
    • Use custom bootsound
    • Use custom boot/downanimation

visitus.png

Get support at irc.freenode.net #venomroms

Donations.png

Donate, if you want to give us something in return.

Team One S

Donate to torxx:

Donate to iximages:

Donate to j4n87:

Donate to shnizlon:

Donate to football:

creds.png

• The whole team, all awesome guys, especially:
    • shnizlon, VinchenZop, fdb8231, j4n87, m0narx
    • Beta tester team that found a bunch of small glitches!
    • amarullz for his Aroma Installer
    • Romanbb for the original tweaks mod idea
    • lyapota for his media control mod on Desire HD
    • cyanogen for the brightness mod idea
    • Hamdir for his work on the Rosie mods - ultra/smooth rosie
    • mwr666 for his original themes, most themes in the hub are based on his.
    • brut.all for apktool - <3 (-:

venomota.png

OTA.gif
    otadescription.png

venomthemeing.png

themeingsample.gif
    themeingdescription.png

venomhub.png

Venombub.gif
    hubdescription.png
    download.png

MD5 : 560fdc4a2a917a83ee3b9638849fc445

Please follow the instructions from Post 5!
    And please don't mirror our ROM, we use fast servers and count the downloads

If you like the rom, rate the thread 5 stars and use the thanks button, thanks!

themeingtut.png

17.png
    15.png
    16.png

With the newly introduced venom theming its really easy to create themes yourself! At the bottom of the post attached is the venom kitchen, other required files and an easy to follow tutorial.

This is our official theming thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30658858#post30658858

Feel free to create some themes and provide it for our users in this Thread. If the theme looks nice we will add it with credits to the venom hub, so all users can download it from there!
    If you got answers or a theme request you can do it as well in the theming thread.

Happy theming!

Add-on package for Viper One S

This package gives you optional bootanimations, AOSP apps and some Jelleybean apps, which can easily be flashed with comfortable Aroma Installer. We also added removal options, so you don`t need to download the full ROM again, only because you forgot to remove some bloat n the first flash

Download add-ons:

http://goo.gl/VfauH

Changelog.png

Code:
    [B][SIZE=4]ViperOneS 1.2.1[/B][/SIZE]

[LIST]
    [*]Completely rebuild and optimized
    [*]Compressed all files with latest tools
    [*]Removed debugging/checkin code in smali by HTC
    [*]Zipaligned with latest SDK r21
    [*]Improved overall performance
    [*]New Rosie (might be a bit smoother)
    [*]Removed HTC Sense signature check
    [*]All skins in hub work
    [*]Fixed dialer not working correctly
    [*]Fixed Friendstream not working for people who downloaded the new build
    [*]Fixed small sizing issue in settings
    [*]Fixed Sweep2Wake toggle in tweaks app not working (especially edited for Zarboz kernel)
    [*]Fixed Youtube HD and screen off playback
    [*]Cleaned and fixed exchange mod in AROMA
    [*]Updated and cleaned AROMA binary
    [*]Updated third party apps
    [*]Other minor changes and fixes
    [/LIST]

[B]Note: [/B] If you toggle Quicksettings style, check or uncheck quick-quick settings once, if you also want to activate vertical QS

bugs.png

Pls use our google issue tracker to report bugs and request features. Thx!

Team Venom - ViperOneS: Google Issue Tracker

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the Boot.img Flash Script from here
    2. Download the Rom
    3. Extract the Boot.img Flash Script on your PC
    4. Connect your One S to the PC (USB Disk Mode), copy ViperOneS_xx.zip (the ROM) to your HTC One S
    5. Connect your One S via USB and ensure you have HTC Sync installed, you need the drivers to be able to use fastboot
    6. Uncheck fastboot in Settings->Power, then shut down your HTC One S completely (don't reboot, shut it down).
    7. Press and hold volume down, then press power (keep holding volume down!) until your screen shows the hboot menu, navigate to recovery (use volume keys)and press the power button once to jump into recovery mode.
    8. In Recovery choose install zip from sd -> choose zip file and navigate with your volume buttons to the downloaded Rom and hit power and confirm with yes.
    9. Now the Aroma installer should show, if you have the touch recovery installed you can use your screen to navigate through it, otherwise use the volume buttons and confirm with the power button.
    10. IMPORTANT: if you come from another Rom, pls choose FULLWIPE
    11. After you configured it, reboot to your bootloader in fastboot mode
    12. Now go to your extracted Boot.img Flash Script folder:
    13. Depending on your OS of your PC you need to run the file like normal:
    14. Windows: flash-boot-windows.bat
    15. MAC: flash-boot-mac.sh
    16. Linux: flash-boot-linux.sh
    17. When the commands were successful, press power again to go back to the hboot
    18. Navigate with your volume button to "Recovery" and reboot or reboot via cmd with "fastboot reboot"
    19. Finally we highly recommend specifically for One S to boot again in recovery and wipe cache. Please do that also, whenever you flash any addons or mods – always boot your device first, then boot again in recovery and wipe cache.
    20. Recommendation - with "Flash Image GUI" from joeykrim you can alternatively flash boot.img on your device, no need to fastboot anymore - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1954121&page=2