fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-dory+squashfs.img

then rebooted in twrp, at startup chose "allow modification"
pushed Zip and installed "adb push SuperSU-2.65-wear.zip /sdcard/"

have several errors:
"unable to statfs /system/"
failed to mount /data
failed to mount /cache
unable to mount storage

and now it says no OS installed....what wrent wrong???

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
Looks very bad here...did just what you wrote:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-dory+squashfs.img

then rebooted in twrp, at startup chose "allow modification"
pushed Zip and installed "adb push SuperSU-2.65-wear.zip /sdcard/"

have several errors:
"unable to statfs /system/"
failed to mount /data
failed to mount /cache
unable to mount storage

and now it says no OS installed....what wrent wrong???

Like I said ignore OS not installed but the unusual thing is the /data and /cache mount failed to mount everything else is normal. Just a few hours ago someone informed me that if you had just done a bootloader unlock you must fully setup your device again otherwise no boot. Try and boot to system normally and setup everything and try again

theslashy

Jul 25, 2011
Like I said ignore OS not installed but the unusual thing is the /data and /cache mount failed to mount everything else is normal. Just a few hours ago someone informed me that if you had just done a bootloader unlock you must fully setup your device again otherwise no boot. Try and boot to system normally and setup everything and try again
Ok, i tried and now i see the bootanimation....lets see if it boots again...

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
hi please im not so bad with adb fastboot but this work on samsung gear live 6.0.1? it gear live is squashfs file system ? thank
Yes any watch as long as you can find a working recovery also it thosent matter if it is squashfs this zip will work on any file system but I modified it so that it would work on android wear

beastes

Feb 9, 2013
LG G4
Samsung Galaxy S7
i have flash twrp for gear live it not stick after reboot and it cant mount system ,do you have or know were i can find one that can mount sys? i search and find nothing the gear live forum is not very active . And thank you for your work

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
i have flash twrp for gear live it not stick after reboot and it cant mount system ,do you have or know were i can find one that can mount sys? i search and find nothing the gear live forum is not very active . And thank you for your work
I looked around a bit for one that had squashfs support but found nothing. Try looking through google yourself for one as I really don't have time for in depth searching. It shouldn't stick also if you don't have custom kernel as every stock android device has a script that replaces recovery on boot with stock

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA

not sure about the mounting, but you can try deleting /system/recovery-from-boot.p which is what is replacing TWRP upon rebooting
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/18932/why-isnt-clockworkmod-recovery-sticking

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
not sure about the mounting, but you can try deleting /system/recovery-from-boot.p which is what is replacing TWRP upon rebooting
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/18932/why-isnt-clockworkmod-recovery-sticking
Um dude one big detail you overlooked there, he has a squashfs system therefore it is read only and no files can be modified. However if someone were to create a custom kernel for this watch they could just disable the script from running

beastes

Feb 9, 2013
LG G4
Samsung Galaxy S7
drewski_1 Xmaster24 thank you alot for take time to help
I dont have the skill to create and play with kernel and me too i found nothing on google ... maybe one day lol but the watch getting little old.
thank again

yhguo

Mar 13, 2013
Feel free to submit links to twrp for squashfs watch with model name, codename and original developer's name
Will add them to this post
THESE ARE THE ONLY BUILDS THAT WILL WORK UNTIL TWRP IS UPDATED!
I DID NOT CREATE ANY OF THESE BUILDS!

LG G Watch dory (courtesy of @rbox)

Is there a TWRP with squashfs support for LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition (LTE) (codename nemo)? Or is there any information about patching and compiling TWRP with squashfs support so I can try to port TWRP for this watch? I have this watch with Android Wear 2.0 Preview 4, but right now I'm unable to root it due to the squashfs problem.

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
Is there a TWRP with squashfs support for LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition (LTE) (codename nemo)? Or is there any information about patching and compiling TWRP with squashfs support so I can try to port TWRP for this watch? I have this watch with Android Wear 2.0 Preview 4, but right now I'm unable to root it due to the squashfs problem.
Can you even flash images to the urbane 2? If you can get adb access you can attempt to root using the universal dirty cow method assuming you haven't updated past the October update

cyanoviper

Feb 7, 2012
Thanks for the guide, worked like a charm on my Zenwatch 2. just one thing: is there a way to restrict root access on the watch, something like supersu?

Reactions: adlx.xda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow this guide to flash SuperSU on the latest version of android wear for your watch, it should have the same OS compatibility as normal SuperSU and should work all the way upto android 7.1.1
    (from PC)
    1.Unlock the bootloader if not already unlocked
    (Make sure to set up device with phone after unlocking bootloader otherwise no boot!)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock
    2.flash TWRP for your device (REQUIRES read only access to system!, will post working builds in post below)
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
    3.Download SuperSU with busybox YDS included HERE and move it to watch with adb push to /sdcard while TWRP is booted and then install as normal zip
    Code:
    adb push nameofzip.zip /sdcard/
    4.IGNORE SYSTEM NOT INSTALLED Boot watch to system and Now your root apps from 5.1 should work perfect. THERE WILL BE NO SUPER SU APP, IT HAS NOT BEEN PORTED TO ANDROID WEAR

REMEMBER squashfs is read only even with root so don't bother trying to modify system files like the build.prop.
    If you would like to modify system use any Linux distro and unsquash the system then resquash it (will make guide if enough interest)
    If you would like to change pixel density perform this command in either adb shell or a terminal emulator:
    Code:
    wm density <dpi>
    Please leave thanks if it helped!
    Feel free to submit links to twrp for squashfs watch with model name, codename and original developer's name
    Will add them to this post
    THESE ARE THE ONLY BUILDS THAT WILL WORK UNTIL TWRP IS UPDATED!
    I DID NOT CREATE ANY OF THESE BUILDS!

LG G Watch dory (courtesy of @rbox)
    LG G watch R lenok

Try this zip, I removed busybox from the installer which I think might be the issue.
    no, had to restore to 5.1.1 and then installed 6.0.1 and just now retried rooting...

http://xdaforums.com/g-watch/general/search-factory-image-6-0-1-t3330188 for future you can use these all stuff needed for 6.0.1
    Since the new wear has a read only system, where do the supersu and busybox get installed?

SuperSU is now system less if you haven't been following it recently so system access is not required also bits of supersu are stored in the kernel disk and others just at /data. Busybox is stored with the SU mounted image to /su/xbin once installed via the app