[MOD][GUIDE] Best Audio Mod Nexus 5 by fosseperme

Search This thread

fosseperme

Dec 28, 2009
Salerno
www.facebook.com
Finally, thanks to my mod is exclusive solved the audio problem found on all ( or most) Nexus 5 ! (LINK BUG - see also comments to the news - italian)
Significantly increased the sound of the speaker , but above all also fixed the microphone input/output and speaker of the call !
In other words both you and your recipient feel ALWAYS sound loud and clean like never before. The phrase " can not hear you " ( typical of someone who has a Nexus 5 ) will be only a distant memory for you .

For the following guide takes root permissions and a file manager that allows to get into the system folder (for example Root Explorer can be downloaded from playstore ) .

1) Download the file from here Best Audio Mod Nexus 5 by fosseperme V2.xml and rename mixer_paths.xml
2) Go through root explorer ( or similar) in the system folder sytem / etc and replace the file with the old one ( after making a backup of the original file of course ) . If you root explorer problems in replacing click on the top of Mount R / W ( it displays a Mount R / O) and try again.
3) Set the correct permissions for the mixer_paths.xml file before rebooting as rw-r--r-- (important to avoid bootlop)
4) Restart the phone and try to call someone! You will see the results immediately !

NEW : Flashable Zip from recovery (Many thanks to Drummerjed)

Changelog V2

Increase audio recording (hear most of your audio / video recorded)

Changelog V1

Increase audio speaker, audio headphone and microphone audio input / output (better hear the other party on a call and he will listen to you better)

Make a donation by clicking here !

Last edited:
H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Hi,

You should add to the OP to set the correct permissions for the mixer_paths.xml file before rebooting as rw-r--r--:

No bootloop on Purity with the correct permissions, without the correct permissions you end in a bootloop...

:)

Last edited:
H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

there's already a thread for that:
Hi,

Yes, but it seems that the mod here from fosseperme solves/improves the sound for call like he claims (not in the other thread where is nothing about in call sound) even if I never have not noticed any problem with sound in call...

The volume in speaker is the same as the other thread, right.

Otherwise the only thing I noticed is the cause of the bootloop... :D

Last edited:

TheDarkM@n

Jul 7, 2013
www.serious.it
Hi,

Yes, but it seems that the mod here from fosseperme solves/improves the sound for call like he claims (not in the other thread where is nothing about in call sound) even if I never have not noticed any problem with sound in call...

The volume in speaker is the same as the other thread, right.

Otherwise the only thing I noticed is the cause of the bootloop... :D

the problem in call is very evident (too much) in the call recording

but this mod doesn't fix it.

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

the problem in call is very evident (too much) in the call recording

but this mod doesn't fix it.
Hi,

Ok, since I don't use call recording and since the OP didn't mentioned it was to "try" to fix the issue with in call recording...:
but above all also fixed the microphone input and speaker of the call !
In other words both you and your recipient feel ALWAYS sound loud and clean like never before. The phrase " can not hear you " ( typical of someone who has a Nexus 5 ) will be only a distant memory for you .
So my answer about the fact that I never had a problem with in call sound (at least for me but for the OP it seems a typical problem :confused:)...

Last edited:

Vesnik

Jun 21, 2011
Alton
If I flashed Headphone and Speaker Volume Boost mod for the Nexus 5 should I revert back before doing this process? Or does it even matter?

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

If I flashed Headphone and Speaker Volume Boost mod for the Nexus 5 should I revert back before doing this process? Or does it even matter?
Hi,

It's the same file that is modified so no need to revert back to the stock file, with the mod here you replace the previous file... You can even use the flashable zip file from the other thread just replace the mixer_paths.xml inside the zip.

Last edited:
H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

You can easily follow my guide! Don t worry

LOL, it's what I've done and it's how I found why there was bootloop (nowhere in your OP it was mentioned to set the correct permissions, then a user reported a bootloop and I realize this) ... then you have updated your OP since my first post here... :D

I know how to do (by use I had set the permissions without your "guide) but a zip file is more covenient for some users that's all...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally, thanks to my mod is exclusive solved the audio problem found on all ( or most) Nexus 5 ! (LINK BUG - see also comments to the news - italian)
    Significantly increased the sound of the speaker , but above all also fixed the microphone input/output and speaker of the call !

For the following guide takes root permissions and a file manager that allows to get into the system folder (for example Root Explorer can be downloaded from playstore ) .

1) Download the file from here Best Audio Mod Nexus 5 by fosseperme V2.xml and rename mixer_paths.xml
    2) Go through root explorer ( or similar) in the system folder sytem / etc and replace the file with the old one ( after making a backup of the original file of course ) . If you root explorer problems in replacing click on the top of Mount R / W ( it displays a Mount R / O) and try again.
    3) Set the correct permissions for the mixer_paths.xml file before rebooting as rw-r--r-- (important to avoid bootlop)
    4) Restart the phone and try to call someone! You will see the results immediately !

Changelog V2

Changelog V1

Increase audio speaker, audio headphone and microphone audio input / output (better hear the other party on a call and he will listen to you better)

For Lillipop

Made audiomod for Lollipop with help of this mod. Thanks. :D

Changelog V2

Changelog V1

Can you tell us wich param have you changed so we can change them manually in our mixer_paths.html?
    Hi,

You should add to the OP to set the correct permissions for the mixer_paths.xml file before rebooting as rw-r--r--:

No bootloop on Purity with the correct permissions, without the correct permissions you end in a bootloop...

updated
    Let me explain. I've installed once this mod via twrp and worked great on my Pure Nexus Rom. Then I reflashed the Rom (clean flash) and tried to re install this MOD but nothing, this mod just distorts the sound quality of my speaker, and the in call sound is in the same awefull low level. I did exactly what you said, but nothing. Then I flashed the zip but nothing. What am I doing wrong???
    If you just updated to the July N5 update, that's the problem, not anything you did. There is a bug in the new kernel (boot.img) in MOB30P. If indeed this is what you did (update to MOB30P), then the fix is to flash the old kernel from MOB30M, until Google fixes the problem (probably in the Aug patch release).