TouchFLO 2d for VGA Devices

Search This thread

jabs

Feb 9, 2008
Hrebec
:mad:
How did you install and what version of manilla did you use?

i install last version 0.09 std 2DManila
all 01 - 16 files
last two (2d.Manila.Engine-Beta-0.09 and Manilla2D_HTC_Patch) to inside memory, other to SD memory if installer ask
then put allfiles from TouchFlo2dVGA to \Windows folder (some files you must delete before eg. HH_WEATHER*, HTCHomeSettings.xml for me)

work all widget except People :mad: startimage is down below display, when you touch up you will see

all this i doing after fresh instalation PhamQuang ROM v14
after we have solution with people widget i cook this inside customized PQv14 ROM

johnripper

Apr 28, 2005
Hi Everyone,

I created this separate thread as I don't want to mess around in the orginal TouchFlo2d thread as it already overhelmed so lets keep things separated and see where we go.

As I mentioned before I would like to try to port the TouchFLO 2d to VGA devices too and I hope others will find it usefull and help me with some things as it isn't as easy as it seems but the first steps look pretty good so lets see the first release:

[2008-09-24] - Ver 0.1
Done:
- All images have been resized
- HTCHomeSettings.xml has been rewritten so almost every tab works as it should

Not Working yet
- Clock is still in QVGA mode as it seems there have to be made some changes in the Manila2d.exe to extend the sizes
- Favorite contacts aren't show at first but you can drag the empty page upward and then the contacts will show up but if you release the screen they will disapear (not sure what the problem could be but will keep looking).
- Internet tab, the big globe image can't be shown but if there is no other way I will revert it back to the original size
- Photos & Videos, unfortunately it seems the area to fill out with the image can't be resized from the xml file so another change may be needed in the .exe file

-------------------------

IMPORTANT: please note this is only the main TouchFlo2d program, I didn't look in the other programs (like youtube) and addons that are available for the TouchFlo2d QVGA version, and won't do till first this part of the project is done.

NOTE1: Images are only scalled from the QVGA version but fortunately I was able to take my hand on a HTC Diamond and extract the images from there so hopefully I will be able to replace the images with the real ones and have sharpy VGA TouchFlo2d soon.

NOTE2: Tests are only done on my device which is a HTC X7510 with the original ROM (no changes at all) but I hope it will work on other HTC VGA devices too.

Instalations
IMPORTANT: Do NOT use this on non HTC devices as it won't work as I know!

To install please follow the steps here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=398173

and after you have everything up and running (even in the little left corner of your screen but working) then download this zip file and extract the content to \Windows\ directory on your device.
http://rapidshare.com/files/147862252/TouchFlo2dVGA.zip.html

Then go to "Start->Settings->Today->Items" and uncheck "TouchFlo" press OK and then go back and check "TouchFlo" again press ok and the full resolution TouchFlo should appear.

---------------

Credits
All credits go to the TouchFlo2d developers, this is only a port of it so please express your gratitude to them.

Enjoy

I tested to my x7500 with MichyPrima diamond rom v3 for spl 3.5 and i loved it,
can we please have the original digital clock from diamond?
thanks.

pijulius

Aug 9, 2008
Hi Guys,

First of all thanks everyone for testing and reporting back, I updated the Not Working list on the first post (please note the sliding images only in QVGA mode is the same bug as the image isn't drawn on the whole screen, so if one fixed the other should work too thats why I didn't add a new entry for that) and added an update for the Non HTC devices as it seems the latest maniala 2d works with non htc devices to so happy testing :)

Regarding the process of this port unfortunately even with the Manila Editor I had to redraw almost every image to have it as I would want it, there are still a lot of images that have to be redrawn but things are getting to look pretty good, if everything goes as planed you should have a new version with new vga images in a few days and yes I plan to add back the original clock (digital) as it seems the analog's clock size can't be changed unless modifying the exe but the digital clock can be so adding back the original clock should solve both problems here :)

HELP is always welcome, the most important thing after the new images are done is I think the bugs and from them the contact one as it is useless right now so any of you could have some inside look into that or at least give me some points where or for what to look to speed up things it would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

johnripper

Apr 28, 2005
Hi Guys,

First of all thanks everyone for testing and reporting back, I updated the Not Working list on the first post (please note the sliding images only in QVGA mode is the same bug as the image isn't drawn on the whole screen, so if one fixed the other should work too thats why I didn't add a new entry for that) and added an update for the Non HTC devices as it seems the latest maniala 2d works with non htc devices to so happy testing :)

Regarding the process of this port unfortunately even with the Manila Editor I had to redraw almost every image to have it as I would want it, there are still a lot of images that have to be redrawn but things are getting to look pretty good, if everything goes as planed you should have a new version with new vga images in a few days and yes I plan to add back the original clock (digital) as it seems the analog's clock size can't be changed unless modifying the exe but the digital clock can be so adding back the original clock should solve both problems here :)

HELP is always welcome, the most important thing after the new images are done is I think the bugs and from them the contact one as it is useless right now so any of you could have some inside look into that or at least give me some points where or for what to look to speed up things it would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Great thanks

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
I've been playing with this today, had to tweak the xml a bit to get it to fill the screen and get the tab bar to work properly in landscape on my advantage at 96dpi, but good work so far!

Wonder with the contacts if it's possible to reduce it to 6 contacts on the page, as at least on my the bottom row is off the screen to start with when you scroll it.

been testing the photos page and not worked out which it is that changes the image size in yet.
Haven't got album installed.

johnripper

Apr 28, 2005
Hi Everyone,

I created this separate thread as I don't want to mess around in the orginal TouchFlo2d thread as it already overhelmed so lets keep things separated and see where we go.

As I mentioned before I would like to try to port the TouchFLO 2d to VGA devices too and I hope others will find it usefull and help me with some things as it isn't as easy as it seems but the first steps look pretty good so lets see the first release:

[2008-09-24] - Ver 0.1
Done:
- All images have been resized
- HTCHomeSettings.xml has been rewritten so almost every tab works as it should

Not Working yet
- Clock is still in QVGA mode as it seems there have to be made some changes in the Manila2d.exe to extend the sizes
- Favorite contacts aren't show at first but you can drag the empty page upward and then the contacts will show up but if you release the screen they will disapear (not sure what the problem could be but will keep looking).
- Internet tab, the big globe image can't be shown but if there is no other way I will revert it back to the original size
- Photos & Videos, unfortunately it seems the area to fill out with the image can't be resized from the xml file so another change may be needed in the .exe file
- Last favorite program icons row cant be dragged up as it always slides back for some reason.

IMPORTANT: please note this is only the main TouchFlo2d program, I didn't look in the other programs (like youtube) and addons that are available for the TouchFlo2d QVGA version, and won't do till first this part of the project is done.

NOTE1: Images are only scalled from the QVGA version but fortunately I was able to take my hand on a HTC Diamond and extract the images from there so hopefully I will be able to replace the images with the real ones and have sharpy VGA TouchFlo2d soon.

NOTE2: Tests are only done on my device which is a HTC X7510 with the original ROM (no changes at all) but I hope it will work on other HTC VGA devices too.

Instalations
IMPORTANT: Do NOT use this on non HTC devices as it won't work as I know!
UPDATE: It seems the latest Manila2d (2d.Manila.Engine-Beta-0.09.cab) works with non htc devices too but please direct any question regarding installations and bugs (that have nothing to do with the theme modifications) to the original thread.

To install please follow the steps here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=398173

and after you have everything up and running (even in the little left corner of your screen but working) then download this zip file and extract the content to \Windows\ directory on your device.
http://rapidshare.com/files/147862252/TouchFlo2dVGA.zip.html

Then go to "Start->Settings->Today->Items" and uncheck "TouchFlo" press OK and then go back and check "TouchFlo" again press ok and the full resolution TouchFlo should appear.

---------------

Credits
All credits go to the TouchFlo2d developers, this is only a port of it so please express your gratitude to them.

Enjoy

With the New 2d Manila Build 0.10 your files dont work they only work with the previous one 0.09.
Any news for apdate please ?
thanks.

ranj9119

Apr 22, 2007
With the New 2d Manila Build 0.10 your files dont work they only work with the previous one 0.09.
Any news for apdate please ?
thanks.
yeah this is true! cuz the new version seprates th images in two folders one windows and the other manilagfx

spvc500

Jul 12, 2005
Cab for VGA files

Hi I've tried several times to copy the contents of the touchfloVGA files to the Windows folder.

I am either missing something or not understanding it properly.
I am copying the files not the folder to the windows folder - tried from sd card and microdrive (7500) and from vista. I can't overwrite any files and i then choose skip and then it is saying its taking 1 day to copy the files over.
The sd card and microdrive copy gives me an error saying i dont have permission to copy - insufficient storage etc when this is not the case.

Dd i just have to copy the folder to the windows directory - have i been trying this wrong?

If not can a cab be made to copy the new files correctly and overwrite the files that are pointless for vga. Thanks.

pijulius

Aug 9, 2008
Hi Guys,

I just updated the first post with new images but just saw that the latest .10 builds placed the pictures in a separate places so I will have to update the zip and will do so soon just let me install the new build as I still use the old 0.08 on my device.

vlad48 sure I need help :) the most important ones would be fixing the bugs, but helping on the images is also welcome (contacts and album frames have to be still done) cos fixing the bugs I will have to do some debugging to see if I can fix things and my daily job is my night job too as I have my own company so time is not really on my side :( not to mention that I got ill in the last two days, so yes, any help is more than welcome.

Will get back to you guys with the new version to make it compatible with 0.10 soon.

Cheers,

pijulius

Aug 9, 2008
Ok, Made it compatible with latest Manila2d build 1.00_1819.2926.CAB, see first post for the new download link.

Cheers,