question for anyone with the vehicle navigation dock

Search This thread

acomiskey

Mar 13, 2008
I ordered a proclip mounting bracket for my car but they havent released the actual dock for the razr as of yet. So my idea is to use the proclip bracket and mount the verizon navigation dock to the bracket. My question is, can you remove the suction cup arm from the mount? What does the back of the mount look like?

Also, is it possible to launch the cardock app without actually having the dock?

Can you disable having the cardock launch automatically in the dock?

cyphrmatrix

Jun 14, 2008
You can remove the dock from the suction cup it just snaps in to a ball and joint socket thingy. there is no car home app in the app drawer but im sure theres a way around launching it without the dock and i havent seen an option to disable the autolaunch of the car dock.

acomiskey

Mar 13, 2008
Cool thanks. I did find an app in the market to launch the bedside dock mode but no car dock mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

ShurV

Mar 22, 2012
1. I didn't find yet a way to launch the CarDock app without actaully docking

2. I found that you can disable having the cardock launch automatically in the dock by diabling the SmartCarDockEventReceiver that is receiving the android.intent.action.DOCK_EVENT event with the "Autorun manager" app.

I have another question related to the cardock:

I have Plantronics K100 speakerphone in my car and it is used for the phone conversations via Droid RAZR's bluetooth.
At the same time the Droid RAZR's 3.3mm audio jack may be connected to the car stereo system and that's where the RAZR will play music.
That is the fine and correct way

However when in a card dock and connected through USB charger cable with special audio jack on it, the Droid starts to play both phone calls and music on the same output line.

If the bluetooth and speakerphone is turned on then both calls and music are played on speakerphone. If you turn this connection off it starts to play music on cars stereo, but also the phone calls are route there too.

Is there any way to fix it somehow ?

Top Liked Posts