[Q] instead of using power button, is there any way to shutdown my lumia 520

Search This thread

farooque sher

May 7, 2014
I have a problem with my lumia 520(updated to 8.1) that my power button is not working so I need an app to shutdown my lumia without pressing power button....

farooque sher

May 7, 2014
thanks for your reply bro....
but I don't think it can shutdown my mobile because it is screen locker app......
can it help to shutdown my mobile?

VSparxx

Oct 23, 2011
Ohhh... You mean to completely shutdown the handset, then you're in no luck, as there isn't any app. to do that.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

elpinta25

Mar 1, 2012
thanks for your reply bro....
but I don't think it can shutdown my mobile because it is screen locker app......
can it help to shutdown my mobile?

No there an application that performs this function. Applications available in store only the following functions:

1 - Lower and raise the speaker volume.
2 - Reset the device.
3 - Lock Screen

Last edited:
Reactions: farooque sher

farooque sher

May 7, 2014
@elpinta25 bro.....
where can I find this function, in which app?
I need shutdown function which is not listed here.... where can I find shutdowning app....I need it pls

Last edited:

elpinta25

Mar 1, 2012
@elpinta25 bro.....
where can I find this function, in which app?
I need shutdown function which is not listed here.... where can I find shutdowning app....I need it pls

You do not understand me. There is NO application that performs the shutdown function, there are only the following applications on the market:

1 - Lower and raise the speaker volume:
http://www.windowsphone.com/es-es/store/app/adjust-volume/81cf4727-468c-42a4-b25e-b7fde2f6494d

2 - Reset the device:
http://www.windowsphone.com/es-es/store/app/reboot-now/86cbd073-cbac-4297-be47-5032779eba80

3 - Lock Screen:
http://www.windowsphone.com/es-es/store/app/lock-screen/f93c89f3-2136-4640-8f58-ecf86aba05b9

elpinta25

Mar 1, 2012
You should edit your earlier post, then. As of this posting, it reads (emphasis added):

Nobody misunderstood you, really; you just didn't say what you apparently meant to!

You're right, for some reason Google Translate failure. Right now just translate what you edited me in bold in the commentary and the translator says "there's an app that does this function," but I did not mean it and really do not understand English very well.

I'm sorry for the confusion, but it's my fault for not knowing English and because of Google translator, to translate wrong. Thanks for correcting me.

Regards and have a nice day, champ.

geddeeee

Feb 4, 2010
Short answer... No. Use the POWER button. The clue's in the title of the button.... That's what it's for!!!!

focosi

May 25, 2008
To switch down the device when the power-off button doesn't work properly, just long-press simultaneously both the power-off and volume-down buttons. Worked for me on Lumia 720, so hopefully will work for you too. That seems to be a higher-level power off. Try twice if it doesn't work at first attempt. Hope this helps.

riiidaa

Feb 22, 2004
London
www.riiidaa.com
An app to do shut down would be BAD if as you stated the power button doesn't work. How would you ever turn it back on?

An app that allowed reboot however would be advisable, if such existed.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
@riiidaa: Have you failed to notice that the phone automatically turns on when plugged into power?

There are apps that will reboot, but if you want to save battery by turning the phone off (with the caveat that yeah, you won't be able to turn it on again until you get to a power cable, which does sort of limit the usefulness) it's *probably* possible for an app to do this, actually. It doesn't require any terribly special permissions on Windows, at least normally. On the phone there is an ID_CAP_BUILTIN_SHUTDOWN which says it lets you "Shutdown or reboot the system" though, so maybe it's only possible for capability-unlocked phones.

Top Liked Posts