[HOW TO] ☆ Transparent homescreen statusbar on Note II ☆ for themers and everyone

Search This thread

raubkatze

Nov 8, 2009
St. Petersburg
[HOW TO] ☆ Transparent homescreen statusbar on Note II ☆ for themers and everyone

raubkatze_themes_1.png

SGNII JB THEMESSGSIII JB THEMESSGSIII ICS THEMESNEXUS PRIME JB THEMENEW CENTER CLOCK GUIDEJB TRANSPARENT STATUSBAR GUIDE

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi everyone!

Here's a simple guide how to make homescreen statusbar transparent:

7989382432_8421475743.jpg

1. You should decompile SystemUI.apk

2. Open /SystemUI/res/layout/tw_super_status_bar.xml and change android:background to 100% transparent:

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.StatusBarWindowView [B]android:background="#[COLOR="Red"]00000000[/COLOR]"[/B] android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">

3. Save /SystemUI/res/layout/tw_super_status_bar.xml

4. Open /SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml and edit this line to get transparency you need, for example, 100% transparent:

Code:
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">[B]#[COLOR="red"]00000000[/COLOR][/B]</item>

5. Save /SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml

6. Recompile SystemUI.apk

Done... Now you have 100% transparent homescreen statusbar :)

A short hint:

#00000000 - 100% transparency

#3F000000 - 75% transparency

#7F000000 - 50% transparency

#BF000000 - 25% transparency

If you only need a ready-made statusbar you can find it here - 15 Toggle Buttons ☆ NEW Center Clock ☆ Transparent statusbar ☆ & more

Enjoy! And if you have any questions, you can always ask me ;)

If you like it you can always Rate (★★★★★) this Thread, Press Thanks button or simply buy me a beer! :good: and don't forget about credits ;)

Last edited:

DMax99

Aug 30, 2010
Does this work on a rooted stock rom? Thanks

And one more noobie question..how do you edit the systemui.apk file?

Cheers
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Kur0saki

Sep 16, 2010
Awesome guide:) Can somebody tell me what file to change to get a picture on the transparent notification bar? Like vegeta1 makes.

raubkatze

Nov 8, 2009
St. Petersburg
Awesome guide:) Can somebody tell me what file to change to get a picture on the transparent notification bar? Like vegeta1 makes.

What do you mean under "transparent notification bar"? Notification pulldown (dropdown)?

If yes, there is no such file in stock SystemUI. Image should be added to SystemUI and also it's necessary to edit xml source to get it work.

It's our (my and vegeta's) "know how" :D

Reactions: Kur0saki

Kur0saki

Sep 16, 2010
Lol:p, i want to know how to put a picture on the dropdown, and which xml file and where to edit it. Very much appreciated if you can tell me or pm me:)

mankind_18

May 14, 2012
Jakarta
There are a lot of guides on XDA ;)

Now I've done decompiling..

1. You should decompile SystemUI.apk DONE

2. Open /SystemUI/res/layout/tw_super_status_bar.xml and change android:background to 100% transparent: DONE

3. Save /SystemUI/res/layout/tw_super_status_bar.xml DONE

4. Open /SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml and edit this line to get transparency you need, for example, 100% transparent:

I can't find /SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml :confused: there are no values folder.. there are only values-ar-land, values-gl, values-hu, values-in, values-sw360dp, values-sw600dp, values-sw600dp-land, values-uk, values-vi-port, and values-zh-rCN.. what should I do? :confused:

-------------------edit--------------------------

now I've found values folder, but I can't find drawables.xml :confused:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi everyone!

Here's a simple guide how to make homescreen statusbar transparent:

7989382432_8421475743.jpg

1. You should decompile SystemUI.apk

2. Open /SystemUI/res/layout/tw_super_status_bar.xml and change android:background to 100% transparent:

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.StatusBarWindowView [B]android:background="#[COLOR="Red"]00000000[/COLOR]"[/B] android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
      xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">

3. Save /SystemUI/res/layout/tw_super_status_bar.xml

Code:
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">[B]#[COLOR="red"]00000000[/COLOR][/B]</item>

5. Save /SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml

6. Recompile SystemUI.apk

Done... Now you have 100% transparent homescreen statusbar :)

A short hint:

#00000000 - 100% transparency

#3F000000 - 75% transparency

#7F000000 - 50% transparency

#BF000000 - 25% transparency

If you only need a ready-made statusbar you can find it here - 15 Toggle Buttons ☆ NEW Center Clock ☆ Transparent statusbar ☆ & more

Enjoy! And if you have any questions, you can always ask me ;)

If you like it you can always Rate (★★★★★) this Thread, Press Thanks button or simply buy me a beer! :good: and don't forget about credits ;)

Thank you for sharing mate,
    great job!

What do you mean under "transparent notification bar"? Notification pulldown (dropdown)?

If yes, there is no such file in stock SystemUI. Image should be added to SystemUI and also it's necessary to edit xml source to get it work.

It's our (my and vegeta's) "know how" :D
    Lol:p, i want to know how to put a picture on the dropdown, and which xml file and where to edit it. Very much appreciated if you can tell me or pm me:)

Ask in vegeta's thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1928876

It would be correct.
    This is what I'm looking for! :good:
    But, my Note 2 should be rooted first, right? :confused:

Of course lt should be rooted to have access to your system.