[GUIDE]All Huawei new&old phones-Install Stock Rom-Full Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Here is how you do a Complete reset on all huawei android phones!
This resets everything and bring your phone to state when you first purchased it!:)

PLEASE BACKUP EVERY SENSITIVE DATA AS YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ON PHONE!

Procedure:
1)Download a stock ROM from

Try using rom based on/closer to your region/country/operator. Better see for a pdf file inside the archive for your device compatiblity.
FOR PC SoftWares AND DRIVERS Click here and more cool stuff for your huawei phone click here

2) Format your SD card in FAT32(NO NEED TO FORMATE IF ITS ALREADY FAT32)

3)create a folder "dload" off course without the quotes:D on to the root of your SD card.

3) Extract the UPDATE.APP from the stock ROM and place it in "dload"

4) Power off your phone with sd card inside.

5)Power on by pressing POWER+RED BUTTON+VOLUME UP Button if done properly you will see progress bar saying UPDATING!

after its done it will reboot automatically and YOUR phone good as NEW:D:)!!!!!
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK DONT FORGET TO PRESS"THANKS"BUTTON!!!:);)
Thanks.png

Last edited by a moderator:

wachw

Feb 3, 2011
Nairobi
Does this method restore the original recovery?
EDIT: Just tested it and it does.

Last edited:

wachw

Feb 3, 2011
Nairobi
Yeah i'd also tried it myself. I like the boot animation though. At least that's one thing I can take from it.

saadiworld

Apr 17, 2011
okara
helo sir iam new to android iam trying to backup my rom using rom manager bt its ideos u8150 not supprted iam using latest version 4.0.0.5 plzzzz telll me how to backup my orignal rom thanks

thariks

Apr 20, 2011
using clockworkmod recovery

i followed your instructions. unfortunately, i installed Cwod recovery. the official ROM won't start. what should i do? thx in advance.

wachw

Feb 3, 2011
Nairobi
Hey. Just wanted to mention one thing. You don't need to format your SD Card to get it to work. All you need is to put the DLOAD folder with the UPDATE.APP in it. You can have other data on the sd card as well and it still works. People end up formatting their sd cards when most of them are already fat32, at least the main partition, so maybe you should edit that step?

Reactions: veer1238

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hey. Just wanted to mention one thing. You don't need to format your SD Card to get it to work. All you need is to put the DLOAD folder with the UPDATE.APP in it. You can have other data on the sd card as well and it still works. People end up formatting their sd cards when most of them are already fat32, at least the main partition, so maybe you should edit that step?

You are right to some point....but i think it works only if fat32. Some people might have fat or ntfs(windows based) however ill amend the steps thanks man!:)

Reactions: devilzeye793

wachw

Feb 3, 2011
Nairobi
You are right to some point....but i think it works only if fat32. Some people might have fat or ntfs(windows based) however ill amend the steps thanks man!:)

Yeah I see your point, maybe you could amend it to 'make sure your sd card is formatted to fat32' or something like that?

Edit: just seen you've already changed it. My bad. :)

Last edited:

jraza

Mar 21, 2011
Hello All

What will be results if we use to reset with other carrier ?
i.e

If we have a carrier "ZONG" in pakistan and use "ufone" rom is there any harm to fone.
i didn't find "zong" carrier rom in the provided link.

Regards

jraza

Mar 21, 2011
Success!!!

thanks.
Unable to press thanks button.

Question.

How to unlock "SIM UNLOCK "Ideos U8150 " Zong" to use other operator sims

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is how you do a Complete reset on all huawei android phones!
    This resets everything and bring your phone to state when you first purchased it!:)

PLEASE BACKUP EVERY SENSITIVE DATA AS YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ON PHONE!

Procedure:
    1)Download a stock ROM from

Try using rom based on/closer to your region/country/operator. Better see for a pdf file inside the archive for your device compatiblity.
    FOR PC SoftWares AND DRIVERS Click here and more cool stuff for your huawei phone click here

2) Format your SD card in FAT32(NO NEED TO FORMATE IF ITS ALREADY FAT32)

3)create a folder "dload" off course without the quotes:D on to the root of your SD card.

3) Extract the UPDATE.APP from the stock ROM and place it in "dload"

4) Power off your phone with sd card inside.

5)Power on by pressing POWER+RED BUTTON+VOLUME UP Button if done properly you will see progress bar saying UPDATING!

after its done it will reboot automatically and YOUR phone good as NEW:D:)!!!!!
    IF YOU LIKE MY WORK DONT FORGET TO PRESS"THANKS"BUTTON!!!:);)
    Thanks.png
    Does this method restore the original recovery?
    It did for me....but original is crapy!
    Huawei ideos x5(u8800) doesn't have red button, but it's VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2
    Just wanted to test whether the latest stock rom had multitouch enabled by default. And also whether it returns the recovery to default in case my phone ever needs to be repaired under warranty.
    It suppourts mult-touch tested my self! And it does restore original recovery:)
    The phone works fine, just have to change the "build prop" for front camera,
    the only reason it´s for guarantee purposes.

Glad its workin fine- flashing things that are not for your phone can prove to be fatal.