[ROM][TEAM SHOGUN] (10/28) AOKP Builds | Fast, smooth, & stable + great battery!

Search This thread

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
d92ae1e8-7f7f-592e.jpg

This is Team Shoguns build of AOKP. This is based of the Official AOKP builds found here: http://aokp.co/index.php/releases | Major thanks to them and their amazing work!

PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGED DEVICES, WE WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU BUT WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. BY FLASHING THIS YOU AGREE YOU HAVE READ THIS AND HAVE AGREED TO IT.

With this ROM we aimed to keep stability and performance in mind, while delivering the most customizable experience that Android has to offer.

Features:

- Faux123 kernel v11 Mainline
- Ad-Blocking hosts file
- Init.d tweaks
- ROM-wide Speed Improvements
- Build.prop mods, including fast reboot, battery savers, smoother scrolling, and more responsive touch
- CM9/10 Themes
- Super fast boot time
- Google Chrome Browser
- Trebuchet and Nova Launchers
- Now supports Tablet UI

Bugs or suggestions? Email them to us at bugs.teamshogun@hotmail.co.uk

Screenshots:
0fMCS.png

o1hr3.png

Requirements:
- Unlocked bootloader
- A Custom Recovery of choice
- The ability to follow basic instructions

Flashing Instructions:
- Backup your data with Titanium or similar (Nand backup preferred)
- Copy the ROM zip to your tablet
- Flash the ROM
- Come back and comment here in the thread

First boot may take a few moments. Please be patient and don't think you bricked :)

Thanks To:
- Harry for letting me take over the thread :D
- Faux123 for his amazing kernels
- Team AOKP
- Others I forgot. PM me if I forgot you

Changelog
Code:
[SIZE="2"][B][U]v1.5[/U][/B][/SIZE]
- Updated base to Official AOKP build 5 w/ tablet UI
- Added some build.prop tweaks for improved battery

Last edited:

H3IN3K3N

Jun 22, 2008
Extreme fast install and boot up.
Havent seen any problems yet ( have only been runing for 5 min ).

Its smooth and fast ( i love it ).
If this keeps going on, this will be my daily rom, to use.
aokp is also working, as it should.
If i see some bugs, ill report right away ;)

And again. Thnx guys ;)

Harry GT-S5830

Apr 9, 2012

And again. Thnx guys ;)

Thanks for feedback, when reporting bugs and fc from our system apps log cats are great

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

kaluoshi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2011
South Italy
And here is the torrent link ;)
http://mintorrent.se/A8F7ag/TeamShogunAOKP_zip

Njoy! ;)

Thnx for the good work guys. Going to flash now :)

Thanks man! :fingers-crossed: let us know

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

And again. Thnx guys ;)

:D

Reactions: H3IN3K3N

th3xeroeagle

Sep 4, 2011
Montreal
[SOLVED]

Hey, I flashed the ROM and it booted up fine the first time. Then I went to recovery and flashed the Tablet UI add-on and cleared dalvik cache, but now it's stuck on the AOKP boot screen... And I don't know how to get to the recovery as Power + Volume up + Volume down doesn't work (when I choose "Recovery" it stays on the Google screen with the unlocked icon). The "Reboot Bootloader" and "Recovery" options are red while "Power Off" is in white and "Start" is in green. So is there any other way to boot into recovery? I am running TWRP 2.2 (latest).

Thanks!

Last edited:

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Hey, I flashed the ROM and it booted up fine the first time. Then I went to recovery and flashed the Tablet UI add-on and cleared dalvik cache, but now it's stuck on the AOKP boot screen... And I don't know how to get to the recovery as Power + Volume up + Volume down doesn't work (when I choose "Recovery" it stays on the Google screen with the unlocked icon). The "Reboot Bootloader" and "Recovery" options are red while "Power Off" is in white and "Start" is in green. So is there any other way to boot into recovery? I am running TWRP 2.2 (latest).

Thanks!

Did you flash AOKP or AOSP? I'm not 100% but I believe the tablet mod is for AOSP only at this point.

th3xeroeagle

Sep 4, 2011
Montreal
Did you flash AOKP or AOSP? I'm not 100% but I believe the tablet mod is for AOSP only at this point.

dang, i Used it on AOKP lol :( now im trying to flash stock using the flash stock + unroot option via wugfresh's toolkit

EDIT: [SOLVED] through wugfresh's stock image recovery, will flash aokp again without the mod! Thanks for the ROM really love the customization options! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry GT-S5830

Harry GT-S5830

Apr 9, 2012
[SOLVED]

Thanks!

Plug into PC and choose recovery, its a bug in boot loader :) save you from restoring stock next time :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: th3xeroeagle

Harry GT-S5830

Apr 9, 2012
Guys please don't flash the TabletUI in Post 3. Team mate wasn't aware it didn't work or AOKP :) (however expect to see it in our AOSP builds :) )

If you want tabletUI manually change build.prop to have ro.lcddensity=177-160 (stock is 213)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

"Requirements: A brain that functions"

You're really asking a whole lot for our user base lmao, might as well shoot for the stars!

I come from a forum where people flash Motorola recoveries and Sony ROMs and wonder why their samsung bricked :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    d92ae1e8-7f7f-592e.jpg

This is Team Shoguns build of AOKP. This is based of the Official AOKP builds found here: http://aokp.co/index.php/releases | Major thanks to them and their amazing work!

PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGED DEVICES, WE WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU BUT WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. BY FLASHING THIS YOU AGREE YOU HAVE READ THIS AND HAVE AGREED TO IT.

With this ROM we aimed to keep stability and performance in mind, while delivering the most customizable experience that Android has to offer.

Features:

- Faux123 kernel v11 Mainline
    - Ad-Blocking hosts file
    - Init.d tweaks
    - ROM-wide Speed Improvements
    - Build.prop mods, including fast reboot, battery savers, smoother scrolling, and more responsive touch
    - CM9/10 Themes
    - Super fast boot time
    - Google Chrome Browser
    - Trebuchet and Nova Launchers
    - Now supports Tablet UI

Bugs or suggestions? Email them to us at bugs.teamshogun@hotmail.co.uk

Screenshots:
    0fMCS.png

o1hr3.png

Requirements:
    - Unlocked bootloader
    - A Custom Recovery of choice
    - The ability to follow basic instructions

Flashing Instructions:
    - Backup your data with Titanium or similar (Nand backup preferred)
    - Copy the ROM zip to your tablet
    - Flash the ROM
    - Come back and comment here in the thread

First boot may take a few moments. Please be patient and don't think you bricked :)

Thanks To:
    - Harry for letting me take over the thread :D
    - Faux123 for his amazing kernels
    - Team AOKP
    - Others I forgot. PM me if I forgot you

Changelog
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"][B][U]v1.5[/U][/B][/SIZE]
    - Updated base to Official AOKP build 5 w/ tablet UI
    - Added some build.prop tweaks for improved battery
    Reserver for TeamShogun AOSP (from source)

Find here, it's a WIP.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30248784#post30248784
    [Team Shogun]

Enjoy our work :D
    V3 up

Just received a nexus 7 today for my birthday (that's actually not until next week) and I can't wait to get the newest AOKP on there. NOt even going to bother flashing anything until V3 is up! AOKP is great!

Nice to hear, I'm working hard on V3 for you guys but please remember im only 15 and have other duties too :)