[APP] 3G Toggler by Gnufabio and Roach2010

Search This thread

michadreyer

Jun 7, 2011
Hannover
hmmm, i can see what i'm writing within putty (copy and paste from putty what you see above) . Well, why ^ should be on top of U? anyway, I'll give it a try.

at^u2diag=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT
AT^U2DIAG=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT

there have to be "OK"

Perhaps try with other PC or Laptop. Is the Dongle branded or locked?
Or are you able to put an other Firmware on it?

Reactions: bswpt

bswpt

Feb 23, 2010
at^u2diag=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT
AT^U2DIAG=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT

there have to be "OK"

i will try it with a different Notebook.

Well, the Dongle is branded _ T-Mobile DE.

Could it be, that i have to type the sim pin first?
Within putty i don't know which command to use for pin....

tokarigo

Jan 22, 2007
No 3G connection for E173

Hi everyone. Spent a few nights messing about with Prime 1.9 3g and Huawei e173 - cannot get connection as a few other people reported early.

Symptoms/observations
1) Mobile Networks is in Options, however APN list is empy and does not allow to create APNs, and cannot search networks

2) "logcat -b radio" shows interesting stuff: the modem is recognised and there is a lot of AT commands send in/out with "ok" results (cannot copy as typing this from a different machine. Interesting part starts when trying to create APN from options or to search for networks - the following is a response:

D/RILJ (320): [0008] < REQUEST_GET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE error: com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: RADIO_NOT_AVAILABLE

And that basically where it all ends - any attempts to connect repeat the same problem

Any ideas?

-------------
EDIT

RESOLVED!!!! Only after installing the 3gToggler app from the first page of this thread. Looks like something is wrong in the "standard" kernel as the TOggler seemss to overwrite it. Thanks a lot to the authors!

Last edited:

bswpt

Feb 23, 2010
at^u2diag=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT
AT^U2DIAG=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT

there have to be "OK"

unbelievable: got an "ok" on a different Notebook!!!!!

Next: trying to get connection on transformer ;-)

@rafael: click on the putty-icon in the left corner of the window - ther you will find settings - here you can "force" showing typing ...

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
@bswpt

I don't know why, but when I tried PuTTy again, I can see normally the letters I'm typing... too strange!!! :confused:

by the way, here is my log:

ati
Manufacturer: huawei
Model: E173
Revision: 21.015.01.03.***
IMEI: 3520980********
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

OK
AT^U2DIAG=0
OK

did u get 3G connection already?!?

Reactions: faandrabi

bswpt

Feb 23, 2010
not without pride i have to announce: :p

I got a fxxxxxx connection!!! :)

Here is the proof: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16188259/picsay-1316026198.jpg

Just edge within a house...but it worked!

Thank you all for your hints, links and help!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

just to complete....my steps:

- revolver 3.0
- flashed 3g plugin
- activated mobile with gnufabios Toggler-app
- made "install-tf101.bat" script from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15284906&postcount=1
- turned off composite device (explanation within the link mentioned....)
- typed in manually the correct apn-settings (with plugged in Dongle the settings were saved!!!!!)

Done!

Last edited:

miguelantonio

May 17, 2011
Barcelona
not without pride i have to announce: :p

I got a fxxxxxx connection!!! :)

Here is the proof: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16188259/picsay-1316026198.jpg

Just edge within a house...but it worked!

Thank you all for your hints, links and help!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

just to complete....my steps:

- revolver 3.0
- flashed 3g plugin
- made "install-tf101.bat" script from here: http://xdaforums.com/show...06&postcount=1
- turned off composite device (explanation within the link mentioned....)
- typed in manually the correct apn-settings (with plugged in Dongle the settings were saved!!!!!)

Done!

Page not found.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

skybuster

Feb 11, 2011
Singapore
Fc when i select APN in mobile network settings. Any suggestions?

Check your Main log, you should see some error regarding APNS internal version does not match the one with your apns-conf.xml.

IF that is the case the apns.xml version in framework-res.apk and your /system/etc/apns-conf.xml version are not the same and not consistent.

This would happen if you flashed something that replaced the original framework-res.apk that came with the rom.. like theme.

The solution is to either flash back the custom rom you are on or you edit the apns.xml inside framework-res.apk to be the same as the one at /system/etc/apns-conf.xml.

miguelantonio

May 17, 2011
Barcelona
Check your Main log, you should see some error regarding APNS internal version does not match the one with your apns-conf.xml.

IF that is the case the apns.xml version in framework-res.apk and your /system/etc/apns-conf.xml version are not the same and not consistent.

This would happen if you flashed something that replaced the original framework-res.apk that came with the rom.. like theme.

The solution is to either flash back the custom rom you are on or you edit the apns.xml inside framework-res.apk to be the same as the one at /system/etc/apns-conf.xml.

There is no apns.xml inside framework-res-apk.

skybuster

Feb 11, 2011
Singapore
mine has, inside res/xml/apns.xml
Maybe that's your problem, the /data/data/com.android.provider.telephony/databases/telephony.db
needs both internal and external xml file to generate the apns.

kof2k

Nov 6, 2009
Rooted Stock FW without CWM ?

Can i execute flash 3g enabler wihout having CWM ?
or does anybody know how to install CWM on rooted tf101 (rooted with one-klick-root live cd)

philseven

Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles
How does the 3g toggler work

Can some one explain to me what is the purpose of the 3g toggler is it to connect to your phone 3g service with out tethering. Just curios so don't be to harsh please.:eek:

marcolino7

Apr 29, 2011
Hi,
I have Prime 1.9 and I execute 3g Enabler.
Now I can see Mobile Neteork Settings, but I cannot add Any APN and when I scan network I got an error.
I have an Huawey E1692 with disable the Disk, so Internet Key is only a modem.
What can i do?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is a small app from me and Roach2010 which allow you to enable the 3G settings menu after that you flash a rom or the 3g enabler from the CWM.

Read carefully:
    This app need root permissions and overwrites the bootloader, so it may cause some problems. If you get a problem, just use nvlash.

Credits:
    • Me for programming this app
    • Roach2010 for his bright idea and for having provided the modded bootloaders

If you have any issue, please report it. Thanks :p
    Please note that this will not disable the 3g options for Prime 1.9 (3g version) since I had hardcoded some changes into the ROM files but this will work with every other ROM.
    no chance.

flashed plugin (again), typed in apn settings about 10 times - nothing saved, no connection

Did you "turn off the composite device of the 3G dongle" as described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15284906&postcount=1

When I plugin my dongle it takes some time to get the APN to showup (I even need to remove and plugin the dongle sometimes)

On the market you can also find APN tools to set the APN manualy.
    hmmm, i can see what i'm writing within putty (copy and paste from putty what you see above) . Well, why ^ should be on top of U? anyway, I'll give it a try.

at^u2diag=0
    COMMAND NOT SUPPORT
    AT^U2DIAG=0
    COMMAND NOT SUPPORT

there have to be "OK"

@bswpt

I don't know why, but when I tried PuTTy again, I can see normally the letters I'm typing... too strange!!! :confused:

by the way, here is my log:

ati
    Manufacturer: huawei
    Model: E173
    Revision: 21.015.01.03.***
    IMEI: 3520980********
    +GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

OK
    AT^U2DIAG=0
    OK

did u get 3G connection already?!?