Have an LG K30 and want to see custom software and twrp? Look Here

Search This thread

shaynn0n92

Jun 10, 2017
k30 owner

I currently build 64bit LineageOS for the LG K20 Plus which is extremely similar to the LG K30 Plus. I would like to start supporting the LG K30 but I don't have the device or know anyone with it to pull stock configs from. If you have an LG K30 and want to see custom ROMs brought to it, please send me a message or respond to this thread and I'll do what I can to get you hooked up with LineageOS.

I have a k30 for metro pcs by tmobile

ironmaskusa

Jul 25, 2011
USA
I also have the metro pcs version of this phone and want to see some rooting and custom ROMs And kernels. This phone is not bad.. it could use some tweaking And overclocking to get it's legs stretched out. Thanks for any efforts made on this phone Devs. ??

ironmaskusa

Jul 25, 2011
USA
That definitely sounds like a plan.. I'm out of town atm but when I get home I think I'm going to look into.. I hope it's promising.

Update..

I made an account and chose developer.. I started going through the procedure of entering the required device-id and imei number to receive the unlock.bin file LG requires for bootloader unlocking and then it told me the number had to be at least 64 characters. It didn't come up to that with the 2 rows combined. Also, I noticed that it was only available for a small supported list of LG devices.. talk about a dissapointment! ??

That being said, someone would have to have the decrypter or tool used to decipher the device Id and imei number for the phone to generate that unlock.bin file... So?? Any more ideas?

Last edited:

psytr0nic

Jun 22, 2010
ABidjan
dcserviceteam.blogspot.com
that's what I got when I tried , unable to load picture . so I put link
a>
https://ibb.co/ckmYvNw

Smokedawg81

Jul 26, 2018
So, I been following this thread since I got my LG KEEP 4-5months ago with high hopes I finally got a phone that I can root and others will have custom ROMs and the works. Because somewhere in this vast universe their is something that just don't want me to have a rooted phone. Everytime I get a new phone It ends up being the one or two rare models that can't be rooted without PC, or at all for that matter. I like the KEEP. I have to say it's a pretty efficient phone but as of now I see it's not yet been cracked.
That being said can anyone tell me what kind of modding I can do to my LG K30? What setups,apps,etc.,etc.... What can I do to get the most out of my LG K30? Thanks and great determination I witnessed from you guys trying everything to get this thing rooted.. Keep up the good work. Thanks

G

GuestK00251

My lg k30 model is X410PM Sprint variant
CPU: Mediatek Helium P10 (MT6755)
There is a way to flash TWRP? already try adb reboot bootloader and does not enter fastboot mode, the only alternative would be to use SP Flashtool MTK.

Ah something else I realized that this K30 has A/B partition support.
I only noticed that the OTA updates when installed on the phone is restarted in recovery mode but did not boot directly to the system and not to the recovery mode and I also downloaded the app treble check.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Enviado desde mi LM-X410PM mediante Tapatalk

Jun 13, 2019
I have a LG K30 i need a very fast, stable, smooth software for gaming&work&personal

I currently build 64bit LineageOS for the LG K20 Plus which is extremely similar to the LG K30 Plus. I would like to start supporting the LG K30 but I don't have the device or know anyone with it to pull stock configs from. If you have an LG K30 and want to see custom ROMs brought to it, please send me a message or respond to this thread and I'll do what I can to get you hooked up with LineageOS.

I have a LG K30 i need a very fast, stable, smooth software for gaming&work&personal

sdflowers32

Sep 23, 2016
I'd like to contribute

Hi,am I'm willing to help in anyway i can. I currently own an LG K20 plus and have tried some of your builds. I would really like to see them become official. I also own an Lg stylo 3 plus and have, at times installed Incipient os on it but, never anything official. I understand that android is upgrading at such an extremely high pace it's difficult to continue development on "Legacy" devices. It's like nougat was never here. It's went from marshmallow to Q so quickly i understand you have to keep up with the program. But, yes just hmu and I'll give you whatever you need in terms of logs and what not. Best regards, Sheldon F.

Last edited:

calcilcul

Jun 17, 2019
newbie here and i would like contibute as well

have K30 from pcs metro last month , and i would like contibute as well , please guide me where should i start thank you

LgPWN'd

Jan 18, 2019
So has no one rooted one of these?
Just picked up the one from boost Mobile.
Going to take a shot at it later tonight

Travisholt92

Jun 28, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
Hi,am I'm willing to help in anyway i can. I currently own an LG K20 plus and have tried some of your builds. I would really like to see them become official. I also own an Lg stylo 3 plus and have, at times installed Incipient os on it but, never anything official. I understand that android is upgrading at such an extremely high pace it's difficult to continue development on "Legacy" devices. It's like nougat was never here. It's went from marshmallow to Q so quickly i understand you have to keep up with the program. But, yes just hmu and I'll give you whatever you need in terms of logs and what not. Best regards, Sheldon F.
That stylo 3 plus and k20 plus will be getting pie from me within the coming months.

Reactions: sdflowers32

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I too am willing to help out anyway that I can. I also have Telegram if anybody is interested in working further there as well.
    Is there anything that I can do to help?
    I have an LG K30. I actually recently contacted the admins about adding the forum section for it. I'd be willing to do whatever you need.
    I have an LG K30. I actually recently contacted the admins about adding the forum section for it. I'd be willing to do whatever you need.
    It will need 3 pages worth of threads before it gets its own forum. We don't even have one for the K20 Plus yet and I've been developing for it for months. Anyways if you could look up my K20 plus lineage thread and message me on Telegram. I'll be happy to get some device specific info from you so I can build twrp without risking breaking your phone. Thank you in advance. I want to help your device get a swift start on custom software