[ROM] MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One X S4 (Sense + Vanilla) new: 2.23 based!

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
modacoone.png

onexir1-1.png
evitair2.png
onexir1-4.png

Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One X (S4)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!

About MoDaCo.one

The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
  • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
  • Based on the 2.23.707.2 release
  • All Google applications updated
  • All third party applications updated
  • Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
  • Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
  • Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
  • Busybox included
  • Not odexed
  • Insecure boot image
  • Alternative appstores
  • Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
  • init.d support on boot
  • Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
  • UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
  • Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
  • Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
  • Much much much more!
Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
  • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads

Ir2 prebakes online shortly.

• Ir2 Sense - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 4b20c39cd61003a13c22adfd25be4baa
  • Ir2 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD - MD5: e0cca2e09915ca789698f47237587a10
Kitchen download
  • an online kitchen is also available at MoDaCo for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out! :)

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Changelog

24th July
  • Updated to the 2.23.707.2 release!
2nd July
  • Updated various installed apps / libraries in line with latest Market releases
29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)
  • Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
  • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
  • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
  • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).
18th June Ir1 refresh
  • Added HD voice change (requested by the_scotsman)
  • Fixed issue with messaging app name
  • Updated Vanilla prebake to include HTC Gallery for camera features
  • Updated Vanilla prebake to include Sync - required for connectivity popup
  • Files are now hosted via direct download - no captchas, fast speeds!
15th June Ir1
  • Initial Release

Last edited:

yohinomura

Apr 13, 2011
So far so good.
Able to choose radio gsm/cdma/lte inside setting, wifi and baseband seems more stable, not sporadic.

Request : paul, is it possible to have the option to uninstall those apps we don't need like Google +?
Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    modacoone.png

onexir1-1.png
    evitair2.png
    onexir1-4.png

Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One X (S4)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!

About MoDaCo.one

The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
    • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
    • Based on the 2.23.707.2 release
    • All Google applications updated
    • All third party applications updated
    • Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
    • Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
    • Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
    • Busybox included
    • Not odexed
    • Insecure boot image
    • Alternative appstores
    • Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
    • init.d support on boot
    • Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
    • UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
    • Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
    • Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
    • Much much much more!
    Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
    If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads

Ir2 prebakes online shortly.

• Ir2 Sense - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 4b20c39cd61003a13c22adfd25be4baa
    • Ir2 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD - MD5: e0cca2e09915ca789698f47237587a10
    Kitchen download
    • an online kitchen is also available at MoDaCo for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
    Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out! :)

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P
    Changelog

24th July
    • Updated to the 2.23.707.2 release!
    2nd July
    • Updated various installed apps / libraries in line with latest Market releases
    29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)
    • Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
    • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
    • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
    • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).
    18th June Ir1 refresh
    • Added HD voice change (requested by the_scotsman)
    • Fixed issue with messaging app name
    • Updated Vanilla prebake to include HTC Gallery for camera features
    • Updated Vanilla prebake to include Sync - required for connectivity popup
    • Files are now hosted via direct download - no captchas, fast speeds!
    15th June Ir1
    • Initial Release
    Ir2, based on the 2.23.707.2 release, is now in the kitchen. I'm updating the topic details now and prebakes will be up later today! :)

P
    Ir2 prebakes are now online! :)

P
    Here is a little more ICS for the Vanilla version of this rom. I haven't done a lot but just thought I'd throw it up in case anyone wanted to use it. I plan on doing a little more but for now I changed the color of the status bar icons to ICS blue, changed the color of the clock and date to ICS blue, made the notification drop down 20% trans, added the ICS blue hooolum battery with percent which needs to be resized but looks ok for now and it also has the EQS. Here is a pic so you get the general idea:
    2012-06-16_02-25-50.jpg

Just download the zip, boot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik and flash.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ypa47hco7u2nusr