[DISCUSSION] Xposed for Oreo

Search This thread
Hi guys, Hmm so, I have a problem (but I don't know if it's from the modules or xposed framework itself...
The following post may be helpful for you regarding my thoughts for the dirty flashing order that may, hopefully, work for you.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75865683&postcount=11908

Good Luck!

EDIT: My apologies... I just fixed the above link to the correct thread post. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

Last edited:

hdec59

Jun 4, 2015
i got bootloop with ROM Oreo CRB7 when i install xposed framework.
Is there a solution?
Thanks

goose2600

Nov 18, 2010
Does someome was able to get Xposed framework to works on latest Samsung Oreo 8.0 update (ERC4)?

Does someome was able to get Xposed framework to works on latest Samsung Oreo 8.0 update (ERC4)?
I had to do a quick search to determine what device the ERC4 is specific to and I had located the following thread...

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3754308

... I had also noticed that you had posted the exact same question there today...

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75876740&postcount=868

I, personally, would recommend/suggest that you wait at least a few days to give a member a chance to, hopefully, respond.

With that stated...

I did notice that specific development included "Pre-root with Magisk".

Hopefully someone can confirm or clarify the following...

Doesn't devices that are rooted/pre-rooted with Magisk also should be looking to the Magisk XPosed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

goose2600

Nov 18, 2010
I, personally, would recommend/suggest that you wait at least a few days to give a member a chance to, hopefully, respond.
[...]
Doesn't devices that are rooted/pre-rooted with Magisk also should be looking to the Magisk XPosed?
]

Thanks for reply.
I tested latest 8.0 Xposed, even the Magisk one... Of course I know I have to wait ;)

Thanks for reply. I tested latest 8.0 Xposed, even the Magisk one... Of course I know I have to wait ;)
I just received some clarification regarding my Magisk question on my last post.

If a device has a Custom or Stock Firmware ROM installed, that is Rooted/Pre-Rooted with Magisk, it does not require the use of Magisk XPosed.

The only additional guidance that I can provide is for you to keep in mind that the XPosed Framework for Oreo is still in its "BETA" phase and may still be unstable for some/many devices.

All you can really do at this point is...

Hope that a member (on that Firmware Thread for your device) got it going and, hopefully, provide some guidance on it.

~AND/OR~

Just be patient for another Framework release by Rovo89 and keep your fingers crossed.

I do wish you the best of luck! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: goose2600

alex.do

Mar 28, 2008
My Xperia XZ just got bootloop today after upgrading to 41.3.A.2.99. being said this update includes 1 March 2018 Android security patch (other features remain unknown) so I'm not sure if this security patch is the culprit or it's because the systemless version ported by topjohnwu that I'm currently using.

This is just for references and I am patiently waiting for updates from rovo89 and topjohnwu. No rush. At all.

And again, thank you both for the great work I'm sure you'll never hear it enough ;)

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I had to do a quick search to determine what device the ERC4 is specific to and I had located the following thread...

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3754308

... I had also noticed that you had posted the exact same question there today...

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75876740&postcount=868

With that stated...

I did notice that specific development included "Pre-root with Magisk".

Hopefully someone can confirm or clarify the following...
Hi not sure this help, but here is error we get :good:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Modules I installed :
- AdBlocker Reborn
- Greenify
- Gravitybox Oreo

But, again I'm not sure if those problem are from xposed or not.

Well, the thing to do is self-testing instead of wondering. Disable modules one by one as you test to see.
I've seen posts here and there about AdBlocker Reborn causing lag among other things. The other two modules rarely cause any issues as far as lag and stability are concerned.

Moto G5s Plus XT1806, PixelExperience Oreo, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
@rovo89, I just upgraded my Xperia X Compact (Oreo) from previous version (34.4.A.2.19, Feb patch) to (34.4.A.2.32, March patch). But once I enabled Xposed my phone is unable to finish a reboot. I captured the logcat and it seems the boot process is almost finished. Other Xperia users (X Compact and X) are having similar problem so it seems to be an incompatibility issue between Xposed and our latest ROM. Can you please take a look?

Attachments

• logcat_2.32_system_bootloop.zip
    83.8 KB · Views: 34

dragon3384

Feb 13, 2013
@rovo89, I just upgraded my Xperia X Compact (Oreo) from previous version (34.4.A.2.19, Feb patch) to (34.4.A.2.32, March patch). But once I enabled Xposed my phone is unable to finish a reboot. I captured the logcat and it seems the boot process is almost finished. Other Xperia users (X Compact and X) are having similar problem so it seems to be an incompatibility issue between Xposed and our latest ROM. Can you please take a look?

Same problem here but with my Xperia XZ ... upgraded from 41.3.A.2.75 (February Security Patch) to 41.3.A.2.99 (March Security Patch) and as soon as i enable Xposed i get an bootloop ... with 41.3.A.2.75 Xposed worked fine...

eresac

Jan 24, 2009

Same problem here but with my Xperia XZ ... upgraded from 41.3.A.2.75 (February Security Patch) to 41.3.A.2.99 (March Security Patch) and as soon as i enable Xposed i get an bootloop ... with 41.3.A.2.75 Xposed worked fine...

I'm also facing the same problem (X compact Oreo switching from working 34.4.A.2.19 (Feb patch) to 34.4.A.2.32 (March patch).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can use this thread for discussions about Xposed for Oreo. Please check the read-only thread for the download links and official updates.
    Just an FYI for those who are experiencing some issues regarding an error message 301/302 for the Repo within the Installer app.

rovo89 had enforced an HTTPS redirect on the Repo server, but the HttpURLConnection class used by the Xposed Installer has issues with following redirects from HTTP to HTTPS.

This redirect has been working for some but, not others.

I had created a pull request reflecting the corrections for the XPosed Installer within Rovo89's XPosed Installer on Github.

https://github.com/rovo89/XposedInstaller/pull/458

So far I'm still awaiting Rovo89's response.

This was all done yesterday. Let's give it some time. :thumbup:

In the meantime, i had created an Unofficial release with the URL fix for the Repo and its located on the following link.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284172

I also kept the Signature in tact so when/if @rovo89 releases a fixed Installer app, updating the Unofficial version to the Official one won't be a problem.

Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900V device.
    For Pixel 2/XL installation of the beta build and other devices with A and B partitions : https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75129747&postcount=4

In other words:
    1. Close the XposedInstaller app
    2. Download the zip
    3. Copy it to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework
    AKA
    /sdcard/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework
    4. Open the XposedInstaller app
    5. If the zip is not showing as available to install, click the 3 dot menu
    6. Check the "Show outdated versions" check box
    7. The zip should show up in the app now, and should be installable through the app

Credit to @wanam for being the first to post this method.

TWRP installation doesn't work.
    Man I gotta say... Some of you guys are very ungrateful! Rovo did this fOr fun and for free and was kind enough to share his work with us... He didn't have to he chose to. It wasn't his job he doesn't owe anyone anything including an explanation or a statement if he decided to stop deVelopment that's his choice. I for one am very thankful he shared his wOrk for years!
    @rovo89 bro ...... Make xprivacy work in sdk26 O v90 the module is not working in beta ........ Make it work as you did in N v89 or lower ......... Make some possible to work in O ! Xprivacy module ! I really need that to work ! Mi A1 !
    You realize rovo isn't in charge of the modules right?

Also, you're being very rude. Nobody owes you anything so you can't demand it work and be updated. If I was the dev I WOULDNT update it because of this comment.