[APP][2.1+] No Touch

Search This thread

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
No Touch

Prevent accidental touches on your screen.
Useful when watching movies, passing the phone around, reading, etc.

Block:
Screen
Screen and Keys

Block / Unblock:
Camera Button
App Shortcut
Press Long Search

Quick Unblock:
Proximity Sensor

Apk attached for those without access to the android market.
Screens attached.

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,303
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,998
Last edited:

Braneless

Jun 21, 2011
Dayton, OH
Great idea! It seems every time I hand my phone to someone to look at or take a picture, the display will change and they'll say "what happened?". I'll give this app a try.

sniperfox

Apr 28, 2010
I am interested in it. I'm trying out the free version (before I buy) but I notice somethings. Maybe its just me but when I watch a movie on the default player on my Evo4G, after tapping on the screen a few times, the lock disables. I can skip through the entire movie and even get out. I'm going to try it with a different player later today.

A few suggestions,
1) It would be nice if the toggle button changed (ex. inverted colors) because when I had the movie problem, I couldn't tell if it was locked or unlocked.
2) Is it possible we can change the location of the toggle button, at least like different corners because it's too close to the home button when in landscape.

One final note, when its locked, you can still drag down the notification bar. So far its looking pretty good. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong since I've only been playing with it for about 30 minutes. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: cruzy

fred_be9300

Mar 12, 2011
Man, this is just what I was looking for ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1431037 ). Super!

I want it for e-reading in kindle or aldiko. Tested so far briefly on Galaxy Tab 8.9 (android 3.2) and an HTC Desire (2.3.3) ... Just fine so far.

I first tried Screen Tools 2, but that one messed up the use of volume buttons for page flipping in both kindle and aldiko.

it took me a while to understand some of the options, like the meaning of "auto on toggle". Also, the toggle app shortcut only works as "on switch" for me... With touch screen disabled, the toggle can't be used to deactivate.

It also took me a while to figure out how to unlock (the use of the tiny toggle button is not documented in the settings or anywhere)
EDIT: I realize now this is what's meant by onscreen button in the settings

The option to leave the edge active is also great, although I will probably opt to switch pages with volume buttons.
EDIT: swiping pages this way works well on the tablet, but is hit and miss on the phone. The edge size may need to be user selectable?

I second the idea to color code the tiny toggle.

Great work.

EDIT: I was searching (Google) for a long time using keywords like "disable touch screen" (all about turning screen off) and "disable touch sensitivity" with no results... Until I found screen tools 2, and then very accidentally this one. :)

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Extra feature idea....
disable touch sensitivity along the edge only, keeping sensitivity on the center

Use case: I need something that allows me to hold the tablet a bit more firmly, in one hand, which means putting my thumb in the screen just a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: cruzy

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
Man, this is just what I was looking for ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1431037 ). Super!

I want it for e-reading in kindle or aldiko. Tested so far briefly on Galaxy Tab 8.9 (android 3.2) and an HTC Desire (2.3.3) ... Just fine so far.

I first tried Screen Tools 2, but that one messed up the use of volume buttons for page flipping in both kindle and aldiko.

it took me a while to understand some of the options, like the meaning of "auto on toggle". Also, the toggle app shortcut only works as "on switch" for me... With touch screen disabled, the toggle can't be used to deactivate.

It also took me a while to figure out how to unlock (the use of the tiny toggle button is not documented in the settings or anywhere)

The option to leave the edge active is also great, although I will probably opt to switch pages with volume buttons.
EDIT: swiping pages this way works well on the tablet, but is hit and miss on the phone. The edge size may need to be user selectable?

Great work.

EDIT: I was searching (Google) for a long time using keywords like "disable touch screen" (all about turning screen off) and "disable touch sensitivity" with no results... Until I found screen tools 2, and then very accidentally this one. :)

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Extra feature idea....
disable touch sensitivity along the edge only, keeping sensitivity on the center

Use case: I need something that allows me to hold the tablet a bit more firmly, in one hand, which means putting my thumb in the screen just a bit.

I can add the feature to block edges only, but there is an app called grip it which does just that.

And yes, I should probably use the icon for the status + maybe done kind of animation to tell you when toy unlock vs lock the screen.

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

Digg69

Jan 12, 2012
hatcyl,

This is a great idea! If only I could get it to work.

After it installs, I can't open it. The screen blinks when I click on the icon, then.... nothing. According to my file manager, the app is running, but I can't access it.

I have the exact same problem with Screen Tools 2.

I tried to uninstall, reboot and reinstall, but it still won't work.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on ICS.

I'd really like to get this working. Any ideas?

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
hatcyl,

This is a great idea! If only I could get it to work.

After it installs, I can't open it. The screen blinks when I click on the icon, then.... nothing. According to my file manager, the app is running, but I can't access it.

I have the exact same problem with Screen Tools 2.

I tried to uninstall, reboot and reinstall, but it still won't work.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on ICS.

I'd really like to get this working. Any ideas?

I'll try to see what is going on

Its weird it also happens with screen tools...

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

katerini

Feb 5, 2006
GR-Katerini by Salonica
How can I make this work on Galaxy S2? Original 2.3.4 Rom
I have no camera and search button. Where are the settings?
I have installed it, but when I press on it, nothing!
Please help! I need this application!

Last edited:

cruzy

Jan 3, 2007
After buying hardware key support, on my Galaxy S2 the home (and power) bottons still work... :( even with No Touch active, ofc. Otherwise no problems on my device, also on 2.3.4 ^^.

Also, I absolutly need a popup window on trying to unblock, for inputing a code to unlock, optionaly and maybe only on the payed for version ;). It is way too easy for my 2 and 4 year olds to unlock otherwise.

Also, I agree, change the color on button when unlocking/locking No Touch.

IvanNCase

Mar 20, 2009
Just tried it and it works nice. I just have one question before I upgrade. If I block the hardware buttons will I skill be able to unlock using a long press of the search key?

gumson

Jun 21, 2011
is there any chance to make this app lock the screen with long press home button? that would be universal for all android phones. no camera button in my s2. and also so the phone will not respond to any other buttons (ie power button)

cruzy

Jan 3, 2007
+1 for the long press home button to unlock idea! I guess my kids wouldn't figure that out too fast ;) (Instead of "a popup window on trying to unblock")

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No Touch

Prevent accidental touches on your screen.
    Useful when watching movies, passing the phone around, reading, etc.

Block:
    Screen
    Screen and Keys

Block / Unblock:
    Camera Button
    App Shortcut
    Press Long Search

Quick Unblock:
    Proximity Sensor

Apk attached for those without access to the android market.
    Screens attached.
    I am interested in it. I'm trying out the free version (before I buy) but I notice somethings. Maybe its just me but when I watch a movie on the default player on my Evo4G, after tapping on the screen a few times, the lock disables. I can skip through the entire movie and even get out. I'm going to try it with a different player later today.

A few suggestions,
    1) It would be nice if the toggle button changed (ex. inverted colors) because when I had the movie problem, I couldn't tell if it was locked or unlocked.
    2) Is it possible we can change the location of the toggle button, at least like different corners because it's too close to the home button when in landscape.

One final note, when its locked, you can still drag down the notification bar. So far its looking pretty good. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong since I've only been playing with it for about 30 minutes. Thanks.

Great work.

Extra feature idea....