eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
My attempt at a custom Rom.

coollogo_com-264525967.png

coollogo_com-264526143.png

coollogo_com-263067353.png

Eraser Rom was built to be a "stock" ATT lite ROM. With this in mind I have removed a lot of "bloat" apps but also left some that I use.

I designed this ROM for myself but decided to share it here.

coollogo_com-2645012656.png

This Rom is light weight 500.27MB! Smooth as butter so far
De-odexed ( i know, i know odex is better i'm learning here lol )
Zip aligned and signed
Busybox installed
Rooted
Somewhat "debloated"
Custom bootanimation
No boot sound ( can be changed by taking whatever mp3 file youd like roughly 30 sec long renaming it to ATTSonicLogoNoSnap_Retail.mp3 and replacing the stock one in /system/customize/resource folder.

initd script support ( i think it works)
APM with eqs pull down settings thanks and based off XsMagical's posted mod for 2.23 apm,etc
Themed 4G icon thanks to wangtang2K

Removed:
Mog music, Soundhound, Most ATT apps (navigator, uverse), Yellowbook, facebook, twitter, kindle, maybe some others i cant remember

Unhidden in app drawer:
Mirror, Polaris, voice recorder, voice dialer

Modified MMS:
Options now for MMS 1M, 600k, 300K

coollogo_com-263002750.png

You tell me
4G icon will change to either H or G when data is activated or you are actively using data sometimes, working on fix.

Dropbox integration into album's is not working, wierd.

Since facebook,etc was deleted friendstream, won't work. Will delete friend stream in next build.

coollogo_com-249341994.png

Modifying your phone can be potential hazardous. I cannot take responsibly if you damage your phone.

As we all know you cannot flash the boot.img currently with the new hboot. So I have made it so that everyone has to flash the boot.img in fastboot to keep confusion down.

I will only support issues that arise from TWRP recovery, CWM is not officially supported so dont use it.

Prerequisites:
1. Unlocked bootloader
2. Custom Recovery TWRP
3. Disable HTC SYNC from running
4. Phone connected to PC

1. Download Rom, copy boot.img from rom zip to your fastboot tools location, then place rom zip on sdcard
2. Nandroid your current Rom
3. wipe caches, system, factory reset ( Rom will wipe your data anyway but best to do it manually just in case )
4. Flash Rom, Be patient it is slow lol
5. wipe cache/dalvik after finish, hit home reboot to bootloader NOT SYSTEM!
6. Flash the boot.img in fastboot. here is command:
fastboot flash boot boot-image-name.img
(replace boot-image-name) with whatever you named it
7. Reboot enjoy
8. The Rom takes a while to boot up the first time dont get scared the bootanimation will play the whole time. Enjoy.

For those of you who don't have it I have compiled a folder with all you need to flash roms this way. It includes, adb, fastboot, TWRP 2.1.8.1, and my roms boot.img.

Download androidtools.zip

Extract the file to the root of your C drive name it android.

so under your C drive it should look like this:
C:\android < this is the folder you extracted
C:\program_files
etc

Open command prompt.
type: cd C:\android then hit enter.
you should now see in the command prompt this of course without my name:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

C:\Users\Eraste>cd C:\android

C:\android>

This is were you will be able to input commands to flash the boot.img. Or any other thing requiring adb, fastboot just make sure what ever you want to flash is in this folder.

coollogo_com-263067382.png

Scrolser for his infinite knowledge
XsMagical APM EQS mod he posted
wangtang2K themed icons
Beta testers proving it works

MD5: 54d6e4c4ab3132ab5de43245abaf7777

or if you cant see that link download
HERE

Please hit the thanks button if you like this and feel free to donate!

:cool:

Attachments

• 2012-08-09_00-38-24.jpg
    2012-08-09_00-38-24.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,095
  • 2012-08-09_00-38-55.jpg
    2012-08-09_00-38-55.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 2012-08-09_00-41-13.jpg
    2012-08-09_00-41-13.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,091
  • 2012-08-09_00-41-33.jpg
    2012-08-09_00-41-33.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:

BreatheHT

Mar 14, 2012
Diamond Bar
I have a feeling that this will go popular. If it does hit my thanks meter XD...

Haha good job man. Actually the 4G icon jumps between H and G. I first wondered "what the heck I'm only getting GPRS after flashing the latest RUU??" But then I figured it out...

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I have an idea: Make a completely clean ROM and a separate zip that contains the apps.

Reactions: zounduser

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
I have a feeling that this will go popular. If it does hit my thanks meter XD...

Haha good job man. Actually the 4G icon jumps between H and G. I first wondered "what the heck I'm only getting GPRS after flashing the latest RUU??" But then I figured it out...

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I have an idea: Make a completely clean ROM and a separate zip that contains the apps.

It stays on the same network its just an icon issue , or at least that's what I figure. Lol

Reactions: jlopez0978

jay661972

Oct 19, 2010
San Diego CA
No not yet. I had been looking at those new mobile share plans with att. If you switch over to one of them when they become available I think hotspot is included in all of them.

Thank you. I am running CR 4.5 now with 2.20 kernel. I did fastboot flash the boot.img from 2.23, adb shows ok but its not going through still 2.20 kernel.

jay661972

Oct 19, 2010
San Diego CA
Your trying to get 2.23 boot back on cleanrom?

i screwed up couple of nights ago, i did your guide and all went fine. i took out the telephony from CR mods and replace the one on the system so i can get a hotspot, but i guess it dont work, my phone fc all the time and dont have the ruu and dont want it thats why i decided to flash CR 4.5 and everything works after 4 tries but i dont get the 2.23 kernel, i still have the 2.20. Just wondering if i flash the 2.23 kernel using fastboot, will it work?

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
i screwed up couple of nights ago, i did your guide and all went fine. i took out the telephony from CR mods and replace the one on the system so i can get a hotspot, but i guess it dont work, my phone fc all the time and dont have the ruu and dont want it thats why i decided to flash CR 4.5 and everything works after 4 tries but i dont get the 2.23 kernel, i still have the 2.20. Just wondering if i flash the 2.23 kernel using fastboot, will it work?

You should have been able to flash the boot.IMG hmm maybe asked Scrolser if there is anything specific needed.

mcmb03

Feb 24, 2011
great work man, glad to see you're trying your hand at roms! i look forward to seeing what you do with this!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My attempt at a custom Rom.

coollogo_com-264525967.png

coollogo_com-264526143.png

coollogo_com-263067353.png

Eraser Rom was built to be a "stock" ATT lite ROM. With this in mind I have removed a lot of "bloat" apps but also left some that I use.

I designed this ROM for myself but decided to share it here.

coollogo_com-2645012656.png

This Rom is light weight 500.27MB! Smooth as butter so far
    De-odexed ( i know, i know odex is better i'm learning here lol )
    Zip aligned and signed
    Busybox installed
    Rooted
    Somewhat "debloated"
    Custom bootanimation
    No boot sound ( can be changed by taking whatever mp3 file youd like roughly 30 sec long renaming it to ATTSonicLogoNoSnap_Retail.mp3 and replacing the stock one in /system/customize/resource folder.

initd script support ( i think it works)
    APM with eqs pull down settings thanks and based off XsMagical's posted mod for 2.23 apm,etc
    Themed 4G icon thanks to wangtang2K

Removed:
    Mog music, Soundhound, Most ATT apps (navigator, uverse), Yellowbook, facebook, twitter, kindle, maybe some others i cant remember

Unhidden in app drawer:
    Mirror, Polaris, voice recorder, voice dialer

Modified MMS:
    Options now for MMS 1M, 600k, 300K

coollogo_com-263002750.png

You tell me
    4G icon will change to either H or G when data is activated or you are actively using data sometimes, working on fix.

Dropbox integration into album's is not working, wierd.

Since facebook,etc was deleted friendstream, won't work. Will delete friend stream in next build.

coollogo_com-249341994.png

Modifying your phone can be potential hazardous. I cannot take responsibly if you damage your phone.

As we all know you cannot flash the boot.img currently with the new hboot. So I have made it so that everyone has to flash the boot.img in fastboot to keep confusion down.

I will only support issues that arise from TWRP recovery, CWM is not officially supported so dont use it.

Prerequisites:
    1. Unlocked bootloader
    2. Custom Recovery TWRP
    3. Disable HTC SYNC from running
    4. Phone connected to PC

1. Download Rom, copy boot.img from rom zip to your fastboot tools location, then place rom zip on sdcard
    2. Nandroid your current Rom
    3. wipe caches, system, factory reset ( Rom will wipe your data anyway but best to do it manually just in case )
    4. Flash Rom, Be patient it is slow lol
    5. wipe cache/dalvik after finish, hit home reboot to bootloader NOT SYSTEM!
    6. Flash the boot.img in fastboot. here is command:
    fastboot flash boot boot-image-name.img
    (replace boot-image-name) with whatever you named it
    7. Reboot enjoy
    8. The Rom takes a while to boot up the first time dont get scared the bootanimation will play the whole time. Enjoy.

For those of you who don't have it I have compiled a folder with all you need to flash roms this way. It includes, adb, fastboot, TWRP 2.1.8.1, and my roms boot.img.

Download androidtools.zip

Extract the file to the root of your C drive name it android.

so under your C drive it should look like this:
    C:\android < this is the folder you extracted
    C:\program_files
    etc

Open command prompt.
    type: cd C:\android then hit enter.
    you should now see in the command prompt this of course without my name:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

C:\Users\Eraste>cd C:\android

C:\android>

This is were you will be able to input commands to flash the boot.img. Or any other thing requiring adb, fastboot just make sure what ever you want to flash is in this folder.

coollogo_com-263067382.png

Scrolser for his infinite knowledge
    XsMagical APM EQS mod he posted
    wangtang2K themed icons
    Beta testers proving it works

MD5: 54d6e4c4ab3132ab5de43245abaf7777

or if you cant see that link download
    HERE

Please hit the thanks button if you like this and feel free to donate!

:cool:
    Great job man. We need more people doing ROMs so we don't have to pay others to keep them from running to a different device/network.

You're kidding right? Why don't you piss off, your entitled attitude isn't welcome here.

I can't believe how disrespectful some people can be.
    stopher819 said:
    Great job man. We need more people doing ROMs so we don't have to pay others to keep them from running to a different device/network.

That's uncalled for. You make it sound like Scrosler is blackmailing us. Shame on you.
    great work man, glad to see you're trying your hand at roms! i look forward to seeing what you do with this!

Gonna add a few things to the next build.