[ROM] DamageControl v2.09.01 | Final Sprint RUU, Deodexed | Final Hero build

Search This thread

Zombie Scott

Nov 30, 2008
I am really impressed with this rom. At this point I can honestly say the only issue I am having is the keyboard lag problem and I don't like that they pulled the hide keyboard button for an emoticon button. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a touch keyboard if I have to hit the hard back button to hide the keyboard on a software pad. Hopefully they fix in the final release.

I love the speech to text feature! I showed my wife last night how you can say a sentence, then period to end it and continue with another sentence. Works perfectly!

Thanks HTC, Sprint and especially Damageless for putting the time and effort. Heading to the donation page now. :)

Last edited:

gizmo0681

Jan 14, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I am really impressed with this rom. At this point I can honestly say the only issue I am having is the keyboard lag problem and I don't like that they pulled the hide keyboard button for an emoticon button. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a touch keyboard if I have to hit the hard back button to hide the keyboard on a software pad. Hopefully they fix in the final release.

I love the speech to text feature! I showed my wife last night how you can say a sentence, then period to end it and continue with another sentence. Works perfectly!

Thanks HTC, Sprint and especially Damageless for putting the time and effort. Heading to the donation page now. :)

You can remove the emoticon button yourself just go into your keyboad settings and uncheck emoticon hack. Then go into applications and force stop touch input or reboot the system and that will bring back your hide keyboard button.

fatkitty420

Nov 10, 2009
You can remove the emoticon button yourself just go into your keyboad settings and uncheck emoticon hack. Then go into applications and force stop touch input or reboot the system and that will bring back your hide keyboard button.

I have mine set to swipe to hide. Basically, if I swipe down on the key board it hides it. That way I can have the emoticon button... although I have yet to use it. Would be neat if we had the ability to macro it ourselves.

A few bugs I've noticed:

Status Light doesn't work for some reason
Trackball not lighting
Keyboard Lag
Message Application looses track of where old messages are temporarily
Market missing apps
The "Universal Search" feature doesn't seem very accurate or works...
Cannot send picture as text.

Can someone confirm that the last problem is a bug and not just me? Basically, if you take a picture with your phone and then select the share button you wont be able to type in the search bar for adding contacts to send to. I can be more detailed if that seems vague.

Last edited:

wtphoto

Dec 14, 2009
Southfield, MI
I have mine set to swipe to hide. Basically, if I swipe down on the key board it hides it. That way I can have the emoticon button... although I have yet to use it. Would be neat if we had the ability to macro it ourselves.

A few bugs I've noticed:

Trackball not lighting
Keyboard Lag
Market missing apps

Can someone confirm that the last problem is a bug and not just me? Basically, if you take a picture with your phone and then select the share button you wont be able to type in the search bar for adding contacts to send to. I can be more detailed if that seems vague.

1. what light do you mean if you are talking about the led flashing for messages and such mine works fine, check your settings it may be turned off there.
2. the trackball is light sensitive try going into a dark place and seeing if it works.
3. the keyboard is a hacked version of stock and stock has always been slow
4. I dont have this issue
5. flash the attached zip and it will fix the market, it takes a little while for it to work so flash it and check the market for and app you know should be there every few hours it will come back (acar is a good app to look for.
6 & 7. both work fine for me.

Attachments

• Market_fix_signed.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 100

Zombie Scott

Nov 30, 2008

A few bugs I've noticed:

Trackball not lighting
Keyboard Lag
Market missing apps

Wow! You guys are awesome. Thanks for the input gizmo0681 and fatkitty420!

Last edited:

wtphoto

Dec 14, 2009
Southfield, MI
Would be more helpful if you shared the apk and advice on how to push it into the build!

Nvm, Found it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzw4zzdezoz

Runs great! In both landscape and portrait!

the gallery apk is posted in one of darches thread just click on the little paprerclip to the right of the thread name and it will pull up all the files that have been attached to that thread.
as far as pushing it

Code:
cd/
cd /androidsdk/tools/
adb remount
adb push C:\User\cheyne\Desktop\push\Gallery.apk /system/app/

replace "C:\User\cheyne\Desktop\push\Gallery.apk" with the directory where you have the apk on your comp

Also want to thank damage this is build is so stable that I I finally felt comfortable going through and themeing it to my liking I have no problems at all now that the market shows all apps (thanks Flipz)

Last edited:

fatkitty420

Nov 10, 2009
1. what light do you mean if you are talking about the led flashing for messages and such mine works fine, check your settings it may be turned off there.
2. the trackball is light sensitive try going into a dark place and seeing if it works.
3. the keyboard is a hacked version of stock and stock has always been slow
4. I dont have this issue
5. flash the attached zip and it will fix the market, it takes a little while for it to work so flash it and check the market for and app you know should be there every few hours it will come back (acar is a good app to look for.
6 & 7. both work fine for me.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm flashing the market app fix right now. I did check the track ball in a dark area thinking that it may be the sensor but, alas, it is still not functioning.

Yes, I'm talking about the LED flashing for messages. It's enabled in my settings but is still not working. I notice that sometimes I receive a text message and see the LED flash for a split second but that's it. I'm talking a 1/3 of the usual flashing interval it usually does.

Nothing too major, just a couple of annoyances. I'm hoping when the update/new version is released it will fix these issues.

okcppcnut

Sep 13, 2008
Re: [ROM] DamageControl v2.05 - NEW SPRINT LEAK! - TONS of bugs fixed! Well Tested!

Market fix? Cool, I will have to reflash this tonight.

Sent from my HERO200 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

jdawg0024

Jul 5, 2007
the gallery apk is posted in one of darches thread just click on the little paprerclip to the right of the thread name and it will pull up all the files that have been attached to that thread.
as far as pushing it

Code:
cd/
cd /androidsdk/tools/
adb remount
adb push C:\User\cheyne\Desktop\push\Gallery.apk /system/app/

replace "C:\User\cheyne\Desktop\push\Gallery.apk" with the directory where you have the apk on your comp

Also want to thank damage this is build is so stable that I I finally felt comfortable going through and themeing it to my liking I have no problems at all now that the market shows all apps (thanks Flipz)

I did the above code and didnt see the addition of the gallery. I also have restarted the phone and still nothing.

Scott2s

Nov 28, 2009
I just want to say thanks for the ROM and the help getting rooted etc. Everyone here is so helpful and knowledgeable :D.
Quite a big difference from dealing with sprint...

chino0131

Feb 22, 2010
Washington, DC
I would really like to use this ROM. I don't want to sound stupid, but I need help putting this on my phone. It is not rooted and I have seen so many different things about rooting. Can anyone point me in the direction of the easiest and safest way to root and add this version. Thanks.

I would use the Fresh Kitchen to root (really simple) and start from there. I'm by no means a tech guy, just like learning about all this stuff and customizing my phone. The kitchen made it so simple. Follow the directions on this site or at android forums.com under "ALL THINGS ROOT" once you download the Kitchen and you should be good to go. Mess around with an old Fresh Rom to get the hang of it and then backup, wipe, download DamageControl to your phone and flash. It honestly is so simple withe the Kitchen and rooting made me fall in love with this phone all over again. Hope it helps.

TommyNY

Mar 5, 2009
My Experience

I has v2.0r3 and was missing a ton of apps in Market. I moved up to v2.05 and was still missing apps. Installed the Market flash, still missing. Re-flashed and then wiped to factory settings and the apps are all here now. Not sure if it was the re-flash or the factory wipe, but all is now there.

sk8192

Jul 7, 2009
Is anyone having a problem with the volume on the dialer app? It looks like I can only turn it on or off with the volume controls. Anyone come across any solutions?

wtphoto

Dec 14, 2009
Southfield, MI
Re: [ROM] DamageControl v2.05 - NEW SPRINT LEAK! - TONS of bugs fixed! Well Tested!

I has v2.0r3 and was missing a ton of apps in Market. I moved up to v2.05 and was still missing apps. Installed the Market flash, still missing. Re-flashed and then wiped to factory settings and the apps are all here now. Not sure if it was the re-flash or the factory wipe, but all is now there.

I honestly never re-wiped my phone, I just waited awhile and everything showed. but it probably was the wipe as it would force Google to refresh on their end when you signed back in. I just hate having to set everything up again so I would rather wait a few hours for everything to show.

OT this taptalk app is evil, it makes it even easier to be an XDA addict

pcman12345

Feb 18, 2010
Great ROM, but i only have one problem and i am not sure if anyone else have that same problem. I did a wipe and flashed new rom and everything else is working but phone says awake all the time, even when screen is off and nothing is running. Because of that, my battery dies too fast, 10% every hour with no use of the phone.

I restored it back to 1.5 but if i get a fix on that issues i would like to go back to 2.1. Thank you.

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
I honestly never re-wiped my phone, I just waited awhile and everything showed. but it probably was the wipe as it would force Google to refresh on their end when you signed back in. I just hate having to set everything up again so I would rather wait a few hours for everything to show.

OT this taptalk app is evil, it makes it even easier to be an XDA addict

To stay with your OT theme, I tried tapatalk about a week ago. Pretty cool, but I couldn't figure out how to bookmark a forum so I could easily get back to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    damageless, congrats! hope you enjoying your wedding. the day goes by fast, try to take it all in and enjoy it. thanks for your work on the ROMs, i'm sure it's less-than-rewarding at times with all the attention. :)

question for anyone who can field it- 2.08 was my first encounter (just got a hero, my first android device). i upgraded to 2.08.1 with DCUpdater. should I also be able to upgrade to 2.09 with it? 'check for updates' doesn't show anything yet. if it just hasn't been updated (the 'repo' or what have you) np, just wondering if i can wait til it is or if i need to grab the zip and such.

thanks again damageless!
    I'd imagine it's theoretically possible, though I suspect the devs are missing some source code they need to make it all work together.

Like smstutler, I'm interested to see what happens when the devs finally get their hands on the source for the new kernel and can start applying some overclocking to it.

I expect the next month or two will see some nice improvements, just in time for everybody to jump ship and get an EVO. ;)

Yeah, ill be sticking around. I wanna give the EVO some time on the market first. Plus the hero is doing great and I've enjoyed learning all I have on it. Give the evo a few months, some dev work, and I'll jump ship. But for now, everything being worked on for the hero is great.

I'm gonna just test JIT out for myself, guess thats the best way to tell. I'm just a sucker for expresso.
    :)

If you guys think tonights update is good just wait. Its only been a week damage and i have been working together and already have a decent roadmap built for next version or two.

Yup. You guys have no idea what is awaiting you ahead.

Be excited.
    Hang tight guys, looks like Damageless has his mits on the sprint final release rom and is planning a release that is update-able from dcupdate for later tonight.:D:D:D:D:D
    i cant figure out to install this rom... it keep having errors

The dev dumped this rom long ago and has since dumped his evo rom.
    Find another rom.