Windows RT 8.1 WinPE on a Nokia Lumia 520!

Search This thread

Wack0Distractor

Jan 10, 2013
Thanks to @Heathcliff74 and co. for WPinternals, without that, this wouldn't have been possible!

UY4VNfr.jpg

After patching signature checks out of winload, and adding the halexts and registry entries for those, I had to patch 1 byte in the kernel, without which a SECURITY_SYSTEM bugcheck happens during boot.

I haven't fully added any drivers yet, other than the halexts, i'll be doing that soon. So right now touchscreen doesn't work etc.

- Wack0Distractor
twitter: @TheWack0lian
irc.rol.im #RoL // http://rol.im/chat/

rcunningham

Dec 22, 2014
Under a rock
WOW!

I never thought I would see this on such a low-end device first! Well lets hope we can get this to work on a Lumia 822...

Last edited:

Rivo17

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks to @Heathcliff74 and co. for WPinternals, without that, this wouldn't have been possible!

UY4VNfr.jpg

After patching signature checks out of winload, and adding the halexts and registry entries for those, I had to patch 1 byte in the kernel, without which a SECURITY_SYSTEM bugcheck happens during boot.

I haven't fully added any drivers yet, other than the halexts, i'll be doing that soon. So right now touchscreen doesn't work etc.

- Wack0Distractor
I would love to see this on my Lumia 625. Good work :)

WojtasXda

Jan 19, 2009
PRG
Yeah ! Very nice project ! I keep my fingers crossed for you :)

I tried run RT on my Huawei W1 . It was in 07.10.2014 :D

b140ded6ac619951.jpg

Reactions: MrCego

smadger

Sep 3, 2008
Bedford, UK
I'm curious (and a bit of a noob, I haven't touched custom WinPhone ROMs since the 6.5 days on a diamond 2) but do you guys think it'd be possible to grab a working version of IE (metro and / or desktop version) from a win RT tablet, and inject it into a WinPhone custom ROM like we did with cab files in 6.5? Or even go a step further and get full desktop versions of File Explorer, Task Manager, hell even Office running on a phone device using this tool? This would kinda be huge for me, at least until phones start shipping with a x86 CPU that we can do this stuff more easily.
Massive kudos to you dude!

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
I'm curious (and a bit of a noob, I haven't touched custom WinPhone ROMs since the 6.5 days on a diamond 2) but do you guys think it'd be possible to grab a working version of IE (metro and / or desktop version) from a win RT tablet, and inject it into a WinPhone custom ROM like we did with cab files in 6.5? Or even go a step further and get full desktop versions of File Explorer, Task Manager, hell even Office running on a phone device using this tool? This would kinda be huge for me, at least until phones start shipping with a x86 CPU that we can do this stuff more easily.
Massive kudos to you dude!

I'm not expert on Windows RT/Mobile/Phone, but I'd say that there is too much missing in Windows Phone to be able to do that. It doesn't have Win32 AFAIK.

Of course, prove me wrong please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UY4VNfr.jpg

- Wack0Distractor
    Awesome work! These efforts are the reason I created my tool! I'm sure more of these cool hacks will follow.
    Progress, if you could call it that. This is from when I was trying to find out what the drive mappings were so I could dump stuff out to Data partition. Turns out most of the drivers show up fine...but not touch for some strange reason!

are you write instruction on installed lumia devices, after 100% work build?

different lumias use different driver sets.

I will probably try to get some drivers working in this WinPE then nothing more, this was a proof of concept. I have a DragonBoard 410c that I aim to use for WoA experimentation when i get a power supply for it, so...
    a little late to the party :p

2kIXmsQ.jpg