[RECOVERY][ROOT]TWRP 3.1.0-1 - Galaxy J2 Grand prime plus SM-G532F/G/M

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J2 Grand prime plus SM-G532F/G/M/DS - Mediatek MT6737T

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.1.0-0 Released
Mar 10, 2017

TWRP 3.1.0-0 is out now for all currently supported devices.

What's new in 3.1.0-0:

vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

Official TWRP App
Mar 11, 2017

Official TWRP App
The official TWRP app is the first and only first-party app developed by Team Win for TWRP. Please bear with us as we work to fix any bugs and build out the features. The initial version of the app does not support flashing on the Pixel due to the Pixel's A/B partition layout. In addition, the app may not support finding and flashing images from external storage locations. We are working hard to improve these items and bring you more new features.
Download Links:
We recommend downloading the app from the Play Store.

If you do not have Play Store access, you may download the Official TWRP App here: https://dl.twrp.me/twrpapp/
How do I use the app?
When you first open the app, you will be greeted by a few options. First, you will need to agree not to hold us responsible for anything that happens to your device while using the app. You may also grant the app root permissions. The app will work without root, but some functionality like image flashing will be disabled. Lastly, you can opt into enabling InsightCore (more on this feature later).

Once you have passed this initial screen, you will be greeted with the app home screen where you can choose TWRP FLASH or NETWORK STATISTICS (more on the network statistics later). On the TWRP FLASH screen you will need to select a device. Once you have selected a device, the app will periodically check for new TWRP versions for the device that you have selected. The default interval is once per day, but you can tap on the settings icon in the upper-right to change the interval or disable the update check entirely.

If you enabled root access, you will see options for selecting an image and buttons for flashing the selected image to boot or recovery. Note that you should flash TWRP images to recovery. The boot image flashing is for flashing full boot images (not just kernel zImages) and should not be used for flashing TWRP.

INSTRUCTIONS TO USE ADB BACKUP:
https://www.droidorigin.com/take-adb-backup-using-twrp-v3-1-0-0/

Current status: STABLE

Features:

MTP working
ADB working
SEANDROID warning fix
TWRP and Kernel built from latest source
system Image backup and flashing support
NTFS support
F2FS support >> To be added
Twrp app support

WHATEVER YOU DO BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING WITH TWRP MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE WITH TWRP AND HAVE THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO HAND JUST IN CASE DOWNLOADED FROM SAMMOBILE OR UPDATO.
THIS WILL TRIP KNOX AND MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY!

Instructions:
(Note: failure to follow these instructions implicitly will cause TWRP to be replaced by stock recovery at boot!)

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.
Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
Uncheck Auto reboot.
Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
You should now see TWRP recovery.

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0/7.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Download:
twrp_3.1.0-1_sm-g532_5617b

IMPORTANT! This device enforces dm-verity. ANY modifications or even mounting system will put the device into a bootloop. To prevent this TWRP will ask at first boot if you want to keep system 'Read only' or 'Allow modifications to system'. If you choose to keep 'Read only' you will have to flash TWRP at every boot to recovery.
If you choose to 'Allow' then SuperSU or the boot patch needs flashing below to disable dm-verity.

To Root:
Flash the latest SuperSU release with TWRP:
https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

This device forces encryption.
To disable forced encryption, mount internal storage(DATA) and disable dm-verity you must flash the boot patcher below:

(Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)
1. Boot to Twrp
2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
(Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
3. Check DATA is mountable.
4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
5. Install boot image patch below.
6. Reboot

Boot image patcher
no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

DEVICE TREE: soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Screenshot_2016_03_05_08_13_44_1.png

DnoCrqh.png

VAm49c4.png

ytBFf13.png

ONLSkMi.png

Credits: Me, Teamwin, my tester @ShaDisNX255
Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:
A

Amanullah

Is the lineage 14.1 will come for this device or devs working on this?

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
I'm testing this out from the very beginning (it's not a huge sacrifice, this is my work's phone so I don't have many things stored on this phone)
Trying right now, will feedback after I'm finished.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I assume that by wiping DATA is wiping my phone clean, the OS gets erased clean. Am I supposed to re-flash stock and re-root, re-flash recovery?
Edit: Never mind, fixed it.

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
IMPORTANT! This device enforces dm-verity. ANY modifications or even mounting system will put the device into a bootloop. To prevent this TWRP will ask at first boot if you want to keep system 'Read only' or 'Allow modifications to system'. If you choose to keep 'Read only' you will have to flash TWRP at every boot to recovery.
If you choose to 'Allow' then SuperSU or the boot patch needs flashing below to disable dm-verity.

Ok so every time I boot in to TWRP, I am going to have to flash the "no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx" file? Or is it every time the phone reboots, I am going to have to flash this file?
Because so far I've booted into recovery twice and both times I've had this message (the one that asks if I should keep read only or allow modifications to system)?

Also, backup was a success after the flashing of the no-verity file but I failed to make a successful restore

I'm uploading the recovery to mediafire since it's about 2 MB long and I didn't want you to miss any detail.
Recovery Log

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Ok so every time I boot in to TWRP, I am going to have to flash the "no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx" file? Or is it every time the phone reboots, I am going to have to flash this file?
Because so far I've booted into recovery twice and both times I've had this message (the one that asks if I should keep read only or allow modifications to system)?

Also, backup was a success after the flashing of the no-verity file but I failed to make a successful restore

I'm uploading the recovery to mediafire since it's about 2 MB long and I didn't want you to miss any detail.
Recovery Log
OK you need to flash the boot patcher to disable encryption. This is the only way you can make a data backup or restore.
You only need do this once unless you upgrade or replace the boot image.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
OK you need to flash the boot patcher to disable encryption. This is the only way you can make a data backup or restore.

Got it. Yeah for some reason after 2 reboots in to TWRP I got the message twice so I flashed the no-verity file twice.
Anyway, I still couldn't do a "Full restore", it fails when it gets to something called vram?
Idk, I'm trying another backup and restore, but this time I'll wipe (factory reset) before restoring.
Be right back with feedback

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Got it. Yeah for some reason after 2 reboots in to TWRP I got the message twice so I flashed the no-verity file twice.
Anyway, I still couldn't do a "Full restore", it fails when it gets to something called vram?
Idk, I'm trying another backup and restore, but this time I'll wipe (factory reset) before restoring.

Yeah, it gets stuck on something called "nvram"
I am trying another "restore" with this particular box ticked off and see if everything else restores nicely
I really don't know what that is.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

I am trying another "restore" with this particular box ticked off and see if everything else restores nicely

Unticking "nvram" and it gets a successful restore.
The phone works fine
:good:
I think TWRP is good to go for the G532
:)

Reactions: Sub_Zero2

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Unticking "nvram" and it gets a successful restore.
The phone works fine
:good:
I think TWRP is good to go for the G532
:)
I'll look at that partition, it may just be protected so not able to be backed up. If not I'll just remove it from backup.
Can you give me a screen shot of the on screen log?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012

Ok I've found the issue with /nvram and will be uploading the fixed version shortly.
Just for info you can take screen shots directly in TWRP by holding POWER+VOL DOWN. Note where it saves the screenshot.

However there seems to be an issue with the EFS backup being empty, so I need to check if there are sub partitions I need to include.
Can you do the following in ADB or a terminal:

For ADB, enable USB debugging and do:

adb shell
su
ls -laR dev/block > sdcard/block.txt

For terminal do:
su

You can also use TWRP terminal:

Then find block.txt in /sdcard and post up.

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Ok I've found the issue with /nvram and will be uploading the fixed version shortly.
Just for info you can take screen shots directly in TWRP by holding POWER+VOL DOWN. Note where it saves the screenshot.

However there seems to be an issue with the EFS backup being empty, so I need to check if there are sub partitions I need to include.

adb shell
su

For terminal do:
su

Attaching requested file, also attaching screenshot of the message I got after typing the command

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-04-15-16-13.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-04-15-16-13.png
    43 KB · Views: 2,333
  • block.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 800

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
This should fix the nvram backup error. I have also reduced the amount of partitions available for backup. Some were just unecessary.

Can you post me the recovery log after installing this version and if possible after backup/restore please?
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545571164

Some weird red messages appeared during the back up
I am going to attach both logs of TWRP (the new version) being recently installed and the log of when I performed a backup.
I don't know if you want me to go ahead and try a Restore as is.
The log after the backup is uploaded to mediafire Check Link [Here} since it's about 2 MB big.
Pastebin doesn't let me host it there either.
The log after recently installing TWRP is attached.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Some weird red messages appeared during the back up
I am going to attach both logs of TWRP (the new version) being recently installed and the log of when I performed a backup.
I don't know if you want me to go ahead and try a Restore as is.
The log after the backup is uploaded to mediafire Check Link [Here} since it's about 2 MB big.
Pastebin doesn't let me host it there either.
The log after recently installing TWRP is attached.
Just needs a tweak to the fstab layout. Will update tomorrow.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Yeah sounds good. Will test tomorrow ;)

Ok, this should fix all issues. :fingers-crossed:
Please note if you have made any previous backups then I suggest you delete these as they will no longer be relevant and will cause errors if you try to restore.

If you could try a backup then restore with this version and then post the recovery log so I can check it over?
I have added the update to the OP.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298960951

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Please note if you have made any previous backups then I suggest you delete these as they will no longer be relevant and will cause errors if you try to restore.

If you could try a backup then restore with this version and then post the recovery log so I can check it over?

Similar red text to previous build

Uploaded recovery log to Mediafire

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012

I'm assuming these are the errors you are referring to?:

Unable to locate '/proinfo' partition for backup calculations.
Unable to locate '/preload' partition for backup calculations.
Unable to locate '/secro' partition for backup calculations.

These aren't even included in the fstab or backup as I removed them, so no idea why TWRP is referencing these partitions. :confused:

Anyway hopefully this will resolve the issue: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634775525

By the way, you don't need to back up /cache or /system_image. /cache is only temporary data and should always be empty after reboot. /system_image is the same as /system except it creates a raw backup of the system partition..

Last edited:
A

Amanullah

Link not working 404 error seemes like url not does not exist

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J2 Grand prime plus SM-G532F/G/M/DS - Mediatek MT6737T

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.1.0-0 Released
    Mar 10, 2017

TWRP 3.1.0-0 is out now for all currently supported devices.

What's new in 3.1.0-0:

vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
    tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

Official TWRP App
    Mar 11, 2017

Official TWRP App
    The official TWRP app is the first and only first-party app developed by Team Win for TWRP. Please bear with us as we work to fix any bugs and build out the features. The initial version of the app does not support flashing on the Pixel due to the Pixel's A/B partition layout. In addition, the app may not support finding and flashing images from external storage locations. We are working hard to improve these items and bring you more new features.
    Download Links:
    We recommend downloading the app from the Play Store.

If you do not have Play Store access, you may download the Official TWRP App here: https://dl.twrp.me/twrpapp/
    How do I use the app?
    When you first open the app, you will be greeted by a few options. First, you will need to agree not to hold us responsible for anything that happens to your device while using the app. You may also grant the app root permissions. The app will work without root, but some functionality like image flashing will be disabled. Lastly, you can opt into enabling InsightCore (more on this feature later).

Once you have passed this initial screen, you will be greeted with the app home screen where you can choose TWRP FLASH or NETWORK STATISTICS (more on the network statistics later). On the TWRP FLASH screen you will need to select a device. Once you have selected a device, the app will periodically check for new TWRP versions for the device that you have selected. The default interval is once per day, but you can tap on the settings icon in the upper-right to change the interval or disable the update check entirely.

If you enabled root access, you will see options for selecting an image and buttons for flashing the selected image to boot or recovery. Note that you should flash TWRP images to recovery. The boot image flashing is for flashing full boot images (not just kernel zImages) and should not be used for flashing TWRP.

INSTRUCTIONS TO USE ADB BACKUP:
    https://www.droidorigin.com/take-adb-backup-using-twrp-v3-1-0-0/

Current status: STABLE

Features:

MTP working
    ADB working
    SEANDROID warning fix
    TWRP and Kernel built from latest source
    system Image backup and flashing support
    NTFS support
    F2FS support >> To be added
    Twrp app support

WHATEVER YOU DO BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING WITH TWRP MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE WITH TWRP AND HAVE THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO HAND JUST IN CASE DOWNLOADED FROM SAMMOBILE OR UPDATO.
    THIS WILL TRIP KNOX AND MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY!

Instructions:
    (Note: failure to follow these instructions implicitly will cause TWRP to be replaced by stock recovery at boot!)

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.
    Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0/7.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Download:
    twrp_3.1.0-1_sm-g532_5617b

To Root:
    Flash the latest SuperSU release with TWRP:
    https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

This device forces encryption.
    To disable forced encryption, mount internal storage(DATA) and disable dm-verity you must flash the boot patcher below:

(Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)
    1. Boot to Twrp
    2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
    (Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
    3. Check DATA is mountable.
    4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
    5. Install boot image patch below.
    6. Reboot

Boot image patcher
    no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

DEVICE TREE: soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Screenshot_2016_03_05_08_13_44_1.png

DnoCrqh.png

VAm49c4.png

ytBFf13.png

ONLSkMi.png

Credits: Me, Teamwin, my tester @ShaDisNX255
    Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

can anyone here make an custom rom based on touchwiz or lineage os ?
    I know it's off topic, but i'm working on lineageos for g532g, f, m and mt. Wait and see if a lineageos unofficial thread appears here eventually.
    Please don't discuss it in this thread

Recovery Log
    New stable twrp version??
    Seeing as there has been nearly 200 downloads since posting and only 2 yes 2 people have bothered clicking the Thanks button in the OP with no reports of any issues, I have changed the status to stable for your benefit.

adb shell
    su

For terminal do:
    su