JI5 via Kies !!

Search This thread

bguzmanz2

Oct 22, 2008
theres an app for the galaxy i just forgot the name atm. if you search one click lag fix then at the bottom click on other apps (or something like that) it shows up. whithin the app theres an option that clears your market cache id stuff. takes a couple of hours to work but then your apps should be there. happened to me last night, then this morning my purchased apps were there waiting for me.

shardz

Sep 20, 2010
after a full day of different uses....after flashing JI5 on an out of the box stock vibrant. not many bugs as the stock one had.

The phone literally flies at my commands. I am really happy with the phone. GPS seems better but i hardly tested that much. Im very impressed and it doesnt even have Froyo yet. i cant really imagine how much faster it can get.

the only wait i get is from data being recieved. the only real bug i found is that Gallery opens but doesnt load the pics/thumbnails from memory/SD/linked resources right away. it takes a good 10-20 seconds before everything loads.

ram130

Mar 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.everythinglegit.com
Well so far this update is great. Battery life is only draing faster because Samsung has the phone on GSM/CDMA auto prl rather than GSM auto prl..Either way setting the phone to WCDMA only seem to result in better battery life.

GPS is a lil better, it locks on to more satellites but it's by no means "fixed"..my mom mytouch slide still locks on to 9/9 sats while my Vibrant does 4/11...still poor though my location was more accurate with it. The compass still seems busted, takes too long to update. Moving around seems to speed it up, though I notice the same with the mytouch slide except its a bit more accurate and updates faster. This might as well be my last Samsung phone.:mad:

For those who saw when I said I had an interview with Samsung. It went great, well good enough..if all goes well I have two more interviews to go with higher up tiers.. Also they said if I have any ideas on improving anything on their products, I can write a detail description of my idea..if I get the job of-course ;)

Shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for the reply..gonna try it shortly.

jumaaneface

Feb 23, 2010
Bridgewater, VA
hink i found a bug.

Is anyone else having issues with USB storage access?

I have to keep going to USB settings and changing back and forth
in order to get USB storage access back

Having the same problem plus su force closes continually and phone acting very unstable

enable usb debug and you have access again when usb connected. I think this update was to give kies support possibly kinda sorta

Attachments

• CAP201010010029.jpg
    CAP201010010029.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Mikelys

Oct 1, 2010
Hi,
I upgraded my firmware and now i get an error in recovery mode and i can't get into download mode to try to flash it. Also i can't select any options from recovery mode. Basically i'm stuck at recovery mode and can't get past it no matter what i tried. The error is:

------
update media, please wait
E:Can't mount / dev/block/stl10
(Invalid argument)
E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mound DBDATA:

your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
copy default media content failed.

------

Thanks in advance.

rackemup2473

Aug 18, 2007
Hi,
I upgraded my firmware and now i get an error in recovery mode and i can't get into download mode to try to flash it. Also i can't select any options from recovery mode. Basically i'm stuck at recovery mode and can't get past it no matter what i tried. The error is:

------
update media, please wait
E:Can't mount / dev/block/stl10
(Invalid argument)
E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mound DBDATA:

your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
copy default media content failed.

------

Thanks in advance.

had same happen to me

in recovery mode select delete data and delete cache
and then the phone will boot and run great
but ou will lose all your data from the internal storage

or you can do this

If so, you will probably have to follow this (found in sombionix's Bionix1.3 thread):
Did You Flash Something Before Disabling Voodoo? Then This Fix is For You.
So you forgot to disable the voodoo lagfix before you flashed a new rom and now you're getting an error, similar to the one posted below. Even Odin won't allow you to flash back to stock. Well, pay close attention and with some luck, you'll be good as rain...or something like that.

E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(File exists)
Error mounting /data/!
Skipping format...
Copying files...
E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(File exists)
E: Can't mount DATA:
E: Failure at line 372:
copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:
Installation aborted.

1. Download Eugenes 'Froyo that does not brick' file.
2. Extract the files.
3. Open Odin, plug in your phone, then put it into download mode.
4. load the PIT file in appropriate area.
5. load the .tar file in the PDA area.
6. DO NOT check 're-partition'.
7. Click start, let it finish. Your phone will load and reboot into stock recovery. It will error out again. DONT panic! This is what's supposed to happen.
8. Now, pull your battery.
9. Download the 'True stock 2.1 firmware for the vibrant'.
10. Extract the files.
11. Once again, open Odin, plug in your phone, put into download mode.
12. Load the PIT file into the appropriate area and the .tar in the PDA area.
13. THIS TIME you want to check the 're-partition' box.
14. Now click start, let it finish, and this time your phone will load up just fine! BAM!

[/QUOTE]

Xyber3364

Jan 29, 2010
Chicago
so my thoughts

Well i felt like using it only for about a day so not a complete review but it is quicker at running than the stock but not as quick as ryans lag fix with ext 2, especially at boot time that is when i noticed it primarily. The GPS is better, but not sure as to what extent still lost signal a couple of times in the car, maybe just bad area. Other than that, the task manager add on was really nice, but going to bionix 1.4 for now btw I used odin to go to stock than to update

androidmonkey

Mar 3, 2009
Do I need to root my phone to install this update? I found the J5 update file that someone posted on a share site, is root required for ODIN?

Mikelys

Oct 1, 2010
had same happen to me

in recovery mode select delete data and delete cache
and then the phone will boot and run great
but ou will lose all your data from the internal storage

or you can do this

----
I can't select any options in recovery mode (i can't scroll up and down, but can't select it to run). And although odin recognizes my phone (since i can't put it in download mode.. ) i can't flash anything on it. Tried kies also, but it doesn't make a connection with the phone. Any suggestions?

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.
I may be wrong but I think the naming convention being the same is just coincidence. That and the JI6 .enc is about 70-80 megs smaller than it should be were it a froyo build.

eugene373

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
eb-productions.proboards.com
Okay... I can't name name's but just got off the Phone with a Friend.. the UVJI6 that's listed with the .enc is Froyo... No clue on decrypting it, does anyone have access to it, and will to take a shot at it?

Last edited:

kboater

Jan 31, 2010
Okay... I can't name name's but just got off the Phone with a Friend.. the UVJI6 that's listed with the .enc is Froyo... No clue on decrypting it, does anyone have access to it, and will to take a shot at it?
i think one of the guys in the general section said he should have a decrypted version by tomorrow... :)

hopefullly

kboater

Jan 31, 2010
post #132. hopefully the guy can come through tomorrow

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=795463&page=14

edit:
the poster says he is sure our JI6 is not 2.2...

even if its not 2.2, cant we just port the captivate version to vibrant? Im def not a Dev, but its the same hardware right?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mine has worked since JI2

Yea its fine after i re flashed it again.

Stupid me the first time i flashed and tried changing my battery icon with one from other thread and it screwed up and my phone wouldn't load to desktop.
    So i took an nadroid backup from previous stock update and loaded that and by doing so it removed all the new software,fixes ..ect

but im fine now
    Compass, and GPS work great