TA backup [not a question]

Search This thread

alkesh95

Mar 22, 2012
Mumbai
Hey guys I wanted to know what is the approx size of Ta partition as mine is 177kb on 2.67
Share yours

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alkesh95

Mar 22, 2012
Mumbai
I backed up TA partition of my friends Xperia tipo and his was 24 kb only

CokeJunkee

Aug 18, 2011
Hey guys I wanted to know what is the approx size of Ta partition as mine is 177kb on 2.67
Share yours

DevShaft said:
Q: What is the correct file size for a backup?
A: The TA partition size can differ per model, so there is no one answer to this question.
Also the TA partition contains a logging area which changes and thus can be different in size each time the device boots,
which can lead to different compression size of the backup file.
You can rest assured that your backup is fine, also in file size, when the tool says the backup was successful.

TA contains your DRM keys, a few logs and other device specific information. It definitely does NOT contain the whole software..
If you've used the "Backup TA" from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292598 and didn't interrupt the backup, you should be good. :good:
176kb here..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Share yours

DevShaft said:
    Q: What is the correct file size for a backup?
    A: The TA partition size can differ per model, so there is no one answer to this question.
    Also the TA partition contains a logging area which changes and thus can be different in size each time the device boots,
    which can lead to different compression size of the backup file.
    You can rest assured that your backup is fine, also in file size, when the tool says the backup was successful.

TA contains your DRM keys, a few logs and other device specific information. It definitely does NOT contain the whole software..
    If you've used the "Backup TA" from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292598 and didn't interrupt the backup, you should be good. :good:
    176kb here..