No 5G option EE UK

Search This thread

Ronny220

Dec 3, 2013
Hey everyone,

So I've got myself the S20 plus G9860 which I believe is the Hong Kong variant, 5G dual SIM etc.

I've noticed I don't have the option for 5G under connection settings.
I'm using EE and have a 5G plan in the UK
EE have dismissed me by saying it's the phone and it being a international model.

Any ideas?
I also don't have the option for e-sim which again is very weird!

Please help

tim84us

Mar 12, 2013
you need to be very careful - 5G spectrum is different for each variant based on the market is released - so phones that might have 5G in USA or ASIA will not work in 5G in Europe and viceversa as each country uses different spectrums, unlike 4g - and the phones only support the ones in the markets they are released!

Ronny220

Dec 3, 2013
you need to be very careful - 5G spectrum is different for each variant based on the market is released - so phones that might have 5G in USA or ASIA will not work in 5G in Europe and viceversa as each country uses different spectrums, unlike 4g - and the phones only support the ones in the markets they are released!

Tried a factory reset and still nothing, same options appear.

I checked the supported bands prior to buying this phone and it supports N78 for EE in the UK.

Is there a secret menu or something I can confirm it actually has 5G and its just disabled?

tim84us

Mar 12, 2013
then maybe get in touch with EE maybe you need a new sim or your plan doesnt have 5g enabled on it

Ronny220

Dec 3, 2013
then maybe get in touch with EE maybe you need a new sim or your plan doesnt have 5g enabled on it

As mentioned in my original post, I have a 5G plan and EE have dismissed me as soon as they heard it's a non UK model, stating it's the phone and not them!

Silly question but would I need to be in a 5G area for this option to show? Or is the 5G option always there regardless

da1e8

Mar 23, 2018
5g is always an option I'm on 02 with a 5g sim however where I live isn't 5g but in connection settings it still shows 5g

Try going to phone dialer app, enter the code *#2263# and tell us what is the options..
From here try selecting the one with 5G for the appropriate sim slot and see if it works..
Try to choose 5G with 4G since 5G coverage is not that good.

Mine is exynos s20+ 4G model so mine doesn't have 5G available. Yours may be different.

View attachment 4980399View attachment 4980401View attachment 4980403

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Ronny220

Dec 3, 2013
Try going to phone dialer app, enter the code *#2263# and tell us what is the options..
From here try selecting the one with 5G for the appropriate sim slot and see if it works..
Try to choose 5G with 4G since 5G coverage is not that good.

Mine is exynos s20+ 4G model so mine doesn't have 5G available. Yours may be different.

View attachment 4980399View attachment 4980401View attachment 4980403

I might be doing something wrong but that code *#2263# does nothing in the dialler for me, no service menu popup or anything

TheDriver67

Apr 19, 2012
Guildford, Surrey
I found this thread by accident and I tried to enter *#2263# and I can confirm that it does nothing.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Try *#0*# that gave me a service menu

Hi guys,

There was a new update today that enables 5G... See below. Can you check now?

View attachment 4982747

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
What the... The 5G wasn't enabled or from the box and required firmware update to enable it?

Unbelievable. If it wasn't for the screen shot I would never have believed it.. Lololol

cj136uk

Nov 4, 2005
Is this a UK wide update not seen it for sky mobile or anyone else. There's a bug with rcs advanced chat services in Samsung messager. Can you co firm if advanced chat / rcs is activated?

Top Liked Posts