XT1548 Virgin Mobile

Search This thread

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
I have the virgin mobile variant of the moto g3.
I was able to unlock boot loader, install twrp, and flashed cm.
Everything went well, except I lost service. I restored my backup and all seemed good, but ended up phone calls were not working. Long story, but Ended up flashing factory image and everything is back up and normal. So at least we can always restore, that's good news!

Question is, has anyone else with virgin mobile flashed a ROM yet?

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles
Everything went well, except I lost service. I restored my backup and all seemed good, but ended up phone calls were not working. Long story, but Ended up flashing factory image and everything is back up and normal. So at least we can always restore, that's good news!

I am getting my VM variant this Tuesday. Im so excited to hear that you were able to unlock the bootloader. I wasnt sure it would be possible. I take it you were also able to root as well?

As for your question I think the reason you were getting no service is because there are currently no Roms for the CMDA variants *YET*, only for the GSM variants. If you look at this post someone has requested certain information and he said it should be easy enough to get cyanogen to work on the VM variant.

Again I am so glad to hear about unlocking the bootloader. How were you able to do it? I looked at the list on Motorola's website and it seemed as unlocking was only for the gsm variant. Thank you

EDIT: PS this user also has the same results as you.

Last edited:
Reactions: hossman

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles

Hoss where did you get the factory image?

Sent from my Virgin Mobile CDMA Moto G3

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Oh I know about this thread. Did you flash the Sprint version? You have Virgin Mobile right? I wasn't sure if we could flash the Sprint version.

Edit: Oh OK so it is the Sprint one we flash. Awesome

Sent from my Virgin Mobile CDMA Moto G3
Virgin is a virtual operator that resells Sprint, at least in the US.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hedied4me

bjzapp

Feb 25, 2016
Hey all.
I've been reading, researching, and trying for days to flash osprey v3.0.0 TWRP. Still no luck.
My PC (Win 8.1) will not recognize the phone when plugged in via fast boot mode. Powered on, it's fine.
The Moto drivers are installed, minimal ADB, and phone settings are correct. Do I need the "full version" of the SDK suite?
Can someone go into detail or a direct topic link on how do get this done successfully and what you did?
After this is in place, I'll be golden:)
This is the VM version. Still on Lolipop.
:confused:

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

bjzapp

Feb 25, 2016
Hey all.
I've been reading, researching, and trying for days to flash osprey v3.0.0 TWRP. Still no luck.
My PC (Win 8.1) will not recognize the phone when plugged in via fast boot mode. Powered on, it's fine.
The Moto drivers are installed, minimal ADB, and phone settings are correct. Do I need the "full version" of the SDK suite?
Can someone go into detail or a direct topic link on how do get this done successfully and what you did?
After this is in place, I'll be golden:)
This is the VM version. Still on Lolipop.
:confused:

Thanks so much!
Bump for HELP to my above post/issue please!

jonny30bass

Mar 29, 2011
Columbus
If you get the Data Done Right version of the XT1548 from Walmart, then you will have data issues with all custom ROMs. Apply the APN settings from my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65987522&postcount=1254 to fix data issues with the Data Done Right variant. Hopefully the APN is merged in with later builds of CM13 so we won't have to manually enter the info in after every flash.
@bjzapp Follow the tutorial in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHbbWE2hsgU
Download the latest version of the TWRP recovery though. Also, after you get a successful recovery flash via fastboot, do not restart the phone. Instead, boot straight into the recovery from the bootloader on the phone. If you don't do this, the recovery will get overwritten with the stock recovery after you reboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: j33p3rz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does not work on the unofficial CM13 ROM. Could you maybe be more specific?
    Thank you.

The official cm13 ROM works every time for me now, after a clean flash go to preferred networks and select LTE.

If that doesn't work try this

Do not reboot until you do all steps

From a clean wipe (system, data, caches, internal storage)

Flash ROM
    Flash gapps
    Mount system
    Flash APN fix... I'll link in a second

If that doesn't work, try going to cellular networks in settings and check CDMA subscription.
    Should be set to RUIM/SIM

This works on monthly unlimited.. As far as I know this APN does NOT work for data done right plans.

APN fix zip -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/4aep6fubabcvfrj/Virgin_ApnFix.zip?dl=0

I am getting my VM variant this Tuesday. Im so excited to hear that you were able to unlock the bootloader. I wasnt sure it would be possible. I take it you were also able to root as well?

As for your question I think the reason you were getting no service is because there are currently no Roms for the CMDA variants *YET*, only for the GSM variants. If you look at this post someone has requested certain information and he said it should be easy enough to get cyanogen to work on the VM variant.

Again I am so glad to hear about unlocking the bootloader. How were you able to do it? I looked at the list on Motorola's website and it seemed as unlocking was only for the gsm variant. Thank you

EDIT: PS this user also has the same results as you.
    I used motos website to unlock bootloader, it was very simple.
    And yes rooted by flashing SuperSU in recovery.

I will check out the posts you linked later today.
    This phone is very nice BTW!
    I have posted the info requested
    Taken 2 surveys but haven't seen a download yet.
    I returned to stock and ran for about a week waiting on the update. I'm back on cm13 now.
    Same Here. Hopefully I get choosen for the soak.