Touch screen calibration

Search This thread

Niddu85

Dec 2, 2010
Hello, i am trying to run Remix OS for PC Beta on my Trekstor Wintron 7 tablet.
It is based on an Intel Atom Z3735G with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB of internal disk space.
It comes with Windows 10 Home preinstalled but i think with Remix OS can be faster.

It works quite good out of the box but there are few hardware problems.
First of all the touch screen which is apparently working but it is not calibrated properly.
Keeping the tablet in portrait mode if i touch the upper part of the screen it is ok, but when i touch the lower part the device "clicks" about 3cm above the finger.

Also the capacitive button "Start" seems to work, but when i press it, it clicks in another point on the screen, below the lower limit of the touchable area

Is there any way to calibrate it?

Reactions: angelzbl0od

angelzbl0od

Dec 25, 2015
I have the Cube I10BW and have the same problem. The X axis is flipped and the space where the touch actually works is a small square in the middle of the screen.

headsh0t95

May 24, 2013
Have this issue also on the surftab wintron 7.0.
Also a big issue is that it can only run the x64 version installed with a 32 bit bootloader (http://xdaforums.com/android/software/winapp-android-x86-installer-uefi-t3222483)
due to the uefi requirements (no bios) and shortcomings (being only 32-bit). The device obviously lacks ram to handle a 64-bit OS and freezes if any more demanding app is started.
Are there any ways to run the legacy x86 version of remixos on devices with a 32-bit only uefi?
How can the touch screen be calibrated?

Arne1

Sep 13, 2016
Mediacom W700

same problem but on tablets mediacom w700 that has the same hardware,
I have tried android-x86 (4.4, 5.1, 6.0) all have the same problem with the touch, DPI and sensors orientation 90° CCW. The resolution of screen is 1024×600 on 7" tablet.

laurentziu405

May 5, 2019
mtk x or y axis inverted

for mtk tablets who have problems on x or y inverted axis just download firmware then open items.ini with notepad and search inside touchpanel , you will find config for your touch on x and y axis there and need to play with 1 or 0 in front of axis example if tabled in landscape you have x axis inverted need to change the later in front of "0touchpanel.y.reverse" to "1touchpanel.y.reverse" or vs and same on y axis if inverted then save file and flash just items.ini with flashtool. if you cant find in flashtool the option to flash item.ini then open scatter file and search item.ini inside and change from "false" to "true" and save thrn open again sp flash tool and will be there item.ini. after flash reboot tab and all done. just play with those 1 and 0 and every time you make change flash that file and try and if dsnt work make sure change back value and change other axis and flash again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, i am trying to run Remix OS for PC Beta on my Trekstor Wintron 7 tablet.
    It is based on an Intel Atom Z3735G with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB of internal disk space.
    It comes with Windows 10 Home preinstalled but i think with Remix OS can be faster.

It works quite good out of the box but there are few hardware problems.
    First of all the touch screen which is apparently working but it is not calibrated properly.
    Keeping the tablet in portrait mode if i touch the upper part of the screen it is ok, but when i touch the lower part the device "clicks" about 3cm above the finger.

Also the capacitive button "Start" seems to work, but when i press it, it clicks in another point on the screen, below the lower limit of the touchable area

Is there any way to calibrate it?