Asphalt 7 Just Released!

Search This thread

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
Still downloading here, thanks for the info! Any slowdowns/jerkiness?

According to one guy:

Bruce - July 27, 2012 - Version 1.0.0
terrible frame rate on nexus 7
Other 3d games are buttery smooth on this tegra 3 beast, but this game chugs at 12 to 20 fps, not playable imho. hopefully it is something simple they can address as this game has potential but is bad as is.

jpxdude

Mar 2, 2007
London
Who here has bad graphics for asphalt, and playing on a NON rooted nexus?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I'm on a non rooted nexus, and consider the graphics pretty bad. The car detail seems OK but all the background and scenery detail sucks, lots of weird rippling and clipping problems, also lots of pop-in because the draw distance isn't very good. I can't honestly believe that people consider the graphics acceptable. Sure they have potential but they are really glitchy.

lordlad

Jun 25, 2010
Singapore
i have to echo the sentiments of everyone here. I purchased this first on my Galaxy Nexus and the gameplay was smooth and stable. When I got my Nexus 7, i immediately install this on it and was horrid to find the performance not up to par with the game running on my Galaxy Nexus. Not only was the framerate much lower and animation choppier, the game suffers from alot of texture 'flickering'. And i think this is just now Asphalt 7. Modern Combat 3 and NOVA 3 suffers from this as well.

Gameloft, please fix this!! Doesn't make sense when my dual-core galaxy nexus runs a game smoother than my quad-core nexus 7!!!

shadeygeezer

May 24, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.ubi.com
Who here has bad graphics for asphalt, and playing on a NON rooted nexus?

here.

Bad frame rate - less than 30 most of the time

Texture loading issues - black flickering textures in distance as it loads the texture I'm assuming.

Poor lighting - over bright areas, strange banding when going through tunnels etc.

The frame rate is what really kills the game for me - you can't judge takedowns - due to the car not being where you thought it was..

That and the fact the graphics look nothing like they do on a phone..

I have the game on both iPhone and iPad - and it's 100% better on them.

Reactions: leelaa

dijonemon

Nov 23, 2010
Just installed Asphalt 7 on my wife's (unrooted) Galaxy Nexus - it plays no better than on my N7, both smooth and fast.

Maybe I'm either not as sensitive to lag or there's some tangible difference between performance on different devices.

cokeblack

May 16, 2006
And prime is too big to play first person shooter especially when Nova does not support controller.

Root + six axis controller app and you can map the on screen controls to a ps3 gamepad. This very reason is why I will never go back to an iOS device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

leelaa

Feb 20, 2012
Liverpool
Wher is source for this updare? Screenshot the version frm plystore

Edit they have update on gameloft store so we jus gotta wait. Cant seem to find a changelog though.

Last edited:

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Market website still lists it as version 1.0.0 that's usually the first place it changes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

micks_address

Apr 12, 2010
im going to buy this when i get home.. just to see if it does lag on the nexus 7! for 79 cents its not a huge investment to make of googles free credit.. on a side note - anyone tried fifa 12? how would it compate to fifa on ps vita?

dijonemon

Nov 23, 2010
Have been running Fifa 12 for a couple of hours. It works OK but to be honest it is no better than on my Desire HD. Better form factor makes a big difference though.

Top Liked Posts