[Q] samsung captivate boot loops

Search This thread

drego317

Jan 19, 2014
i have a att samsung captivate sgh-i897 and i flashed kit kat on it. it was working fine until one day it booted up to recovery and i couldnt get the phone to boot up. so i decided to flash back to a stock of gingerbread (i used the odin3 to do this) and that was successful. the only thing was my internal and external sd are no longer being detected and when i needed to reboot the phone it would continuously boot loop. ive looked every where for solutions. i just wanted to get everything back to normal so i tried to flash a what i believed was stock 2.2 froyo to it through hiemdall (SamsungCaptivate-SGHi897-UCKB2-NoRoot-One-Click) because i read it was the safest way to flash. after doing so i either get a black screen after boot or in boot loop and i can still get into download mode but when i try to run odin it wont detect the phone at all. can anyone help me get everything back to stock and get my phone usable again and possibly get my external sd card working again?

p.s. ive tried to wipe the cache and factory reset wipe too.

Last edited:

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
^
Go here... Stock I897UCKK4 Android 2.3.5 One Clicks *Heimdall and Odin*

If u want to use the Heimdall version that I linked, then use the same USB port that u used to flash the other heimdall one click that u mentioned.
If u want to use the Odin version, then use a different USB port, Because the heimdall usb drivers are installed only to the one specific usb port that u r using at the time of the install. That is more than likely why the computer is not recognizing ur phone when u r trying to use odin.

Here is another thread that may help as well... Captivate - PC Connection Issues, Download Mode and Recovery Mode Help

drego317

Jan 19, 2014
ok

^
Go here... Stock I897UCKK4 Android 2.3.5 One Clicks *Heimdall and Odin*

If u want to use the Heimdall version that I linked, then use the same USB port that u used to flash the other heimdall one click that u mentioned.
If u want to use the Odin version, then use a different USB port, Because the heimdall usb drivers are installed only to the one specific usb port that u r using at the time of the install. That is more than likely why the computer is not recognizing ur phone when u r trying to use odin.

Here is another thread that may help as well... Captivate - PC Connection Issues, Download Mode and Recovery Mode Help

i downloaded the heimdall with no bootloaders and no difference. im still getting boot loops. should i try it with bootloaders and see that works?

Val D.

Jun 19, 2012
Toronto
I'm not 100% sure this is the case, but failed internal memory issue happens to Captivate phones and the symptoms are same to what you describe. The phone can't read part of the memory and reboots constantly no matter what ROM you attempt to flash. Search the forum for internal/external swap methods. I never had to deal with this issue and have no experience with workarounds.