[Stock] [ROM] Karbonn Titanium S5 plus / S5+

Search This thread

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Can You Guys Suggest Me The Best Custom ROM for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus(Bug free)?? And is there any samsung ROM supported by this phone with less Bug??

As of now the best ROM available for our device is the Xperia V2.It's bug free,fast,and has almost no Chance's of getting a bootloop on flashing.For the Samsung rom,their are Note3 & 4 roms but they all have their faults such as camera bug and dual Sim and other stuff.So go ahead with flashing the xperia ROM or wait some days till @rjt.rockx uploads the C4K rom. Cheers! :)

Sent from my Titanium S5+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Xperia ROM v2. Many Samsung ROMs are out there, check it out at http://xdaforums.com/android/general/roms-recoveries-karbonn-titanium-s5-t2906329

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

@cybercrawler, Sorry, but I cannot guarantee that it is bugless unless I get it to boot properly, you know, with the new Kernel compilation and all, ....

Sorry guys, but I'm not getting it to work. I'm gonna have to learn the whole of Linux before I go on with this. I'm having a hard time here trying to do it with Windows. I had Ubuntu 14, but after my 1 TB Hard Drive failed, I lost all of my work, except the ROM I had uploaded online and a few ROMs in my SD Card.

Status update :
Xperia ROM v3 got wiped out. Sorry, again. I can't continue with it.
MIUI v6 got done by Ajinkya Mishra, but it is still on Jelly Bean 4.3, so a Kitkat version is pending. The one released by him has many bugs, though.
Android L ROM will be done after CarbonForKarbonn, since it needs a new kernel.
Stock ROM got done by Ajinkya Mishra, so I'm not doing that.

By the way, I'm not going to do themed ROMs. What is the use of another user interface if you have no changes made in the core? What good is the Android L ROM (except for a glimpse of Material design) if you don't get Android RunTime instead of Dalvik? What good is a Kitkat themed ROM if you cannot install Android 4.4+ Apps onto it?

I'm not against Ajinkya Mishra of karbonnroms.blogspot.in, but according to me, a new ROM must have changes not just in the User Interface, but also in the core updates. For all I know, you could just use a Cyanogen 10.2.1 ROM for themes and all that. I'm looking for base updates. Just changing the Android version from 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 or 5.1 in build.prop makes no sense to me.

You know, all of this would have been easier if Mediatek had released the source code of their MT6582 processor, or if Karbonn was creating updates for their devices. THEY AREN'T.
@superdragonpt did build a few Kitkat kernels for Mediatek MT6582 devices, but, apparently he is busy, and does not want to be bothered by us, so don't disturb him.
@Entropy512 (of the OmniROM team) explained it here :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2483238&page=7

See post 67, 68, 69 and 70.

I had ported the Xperia ROM v3 successfully, and it even had the new Xperia Nav Bar. But, as I was uploading it, my hard drive broke down. It was in my SD Card, but that build had just a few minor changes over Xperia ROM v2 that could be done with the Xposed Framework and GravityBox. So, I thought it would be better just to discontinue it.

If you guys can find anyone who can help in building a Kitkat kernel for this device, or even learn it yourself and create a working boot.img from that, then Android Version updates for this device can continue. Else, we are stranded with Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

Hope I helped till now !

Ps. : Guys, get someone to build or help me build a new Kitkat boot.img for our device, please. You'll be grateful to yourselves.
If you're wanting to port Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROMs from other devices to this device, then check this page out : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_using_Mediatek_SoCs#ARMv7_Quad_Core

Last edited:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
(...)
As you know, all of this would have been easier if Mediatek had released the source code of their MT6582 processor, or if Karbonn was creating updates for their devices. THEY AREN'T.
@superdragonpt did build a few Kitkat kernels for Mediatek MT6582 devices, but, apparently he is busy, and does not want to be bothered by us, so don't disturb him.
@Entropy512 (of the OmniROM team) explained it here :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2483238&page=7

See post 67, 68, 69 and 70.

I had ported the Xperia ROM v3 successfully, and it even had the new Xperia Nav Bar. But, as I was uploading it, my hard drive broke down. It was in my SD Card, but that build had just a few minor changes over Xperia ROM v2 that could be done with the Xposed Framework and GravityBox. So, I thought it would be better just to discontinue it.

If you guys can find anyone who can help in building a Kitkat kernel for this device, or even learn it yourself and create a working boot.img from that, then Android Version updates for this device can continue. Else, we are stranded with Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

Hope I helped till now !

Ps. : Guys, get someone to build or help me build a new Kitkat boot.img for our device, please. You'll be grateful to yourselves.
If you're wanting to port Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROMs from other devices to this device, then check this page out : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_using_Mediatek_SoCs#ARMv7_Quad_Core

Hi

My mt6582 device ( wiko darkmoon) was in The same situation. They droped The KK update
. So we where stucked with a new device with just JB 4.2

Actualy very soon, this device will get Unofficial KK ;)
( made by me), and yes working with MTK isnt easy, specialy when you dont have any source to work with... ( or just The kernel)...

If you want to build an compatible KK kernel, required as The first step to make an KK ROM, isnt easy. You need to have an deep knowledge of The MTK platform and know your device HW.

I've been working on The KK build for over 9 months now...
So...
I would love to help you, since i just love opensourced MTK devices... But for me to work, i really need The device in question...

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: hassan ansari
Yaay ! @superdragonpt (finally) can help for our device's updates !!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !

It is Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus, a clone of Coolpad 7295C, having Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean, 4 GB Internal storage, 1 GB RAM, Mediatek MT6582 chipset, An Oncell IPS Screen, external SD Card support of up to 32 GB, DUAL-SIM, Kernel version 3.4.5, having an aspiring dev like me asking great devs like you to make Kitkat kernels for his device.

Same specs as the Android One (Indian) devices, but with a lower Android version, a lower Kernel version and only a few ROMs. Waiting for new updates, occasionally tried some, etc. etc. etc.

I can go on all day or even all year, if you ask me.

I was trying out this Carbon ROM that I was porting over here, so could you just look into it? And also, could you just give some info on how to port newer Lollipop ROMs to this device ? Thanks again.

THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS !

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------
@superdragonpt , get more info here : http://xdaforums.com/android/general/roms-recoveries-karbonn-titanium-s5-t2906329

Again, THANKS !

Last edited:

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Yaay ! @superdragonpt (finally) can help for our device's updates !!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !

It is Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus, a clone of Coolpad 7295C, having Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean, 4 GB Internal storage, 1 GB RAM, Mediatek MT6582 chipset, An Oncell IPS Screen, external SD Card support of up to 32 GB, DUAL-SIM, Kernel version 3.4.5, having an aspiring dev like me asking great devs like you to make Kitkat kernels for his device.

Same specs as the Android One (Indian) devices, but with a lower Android version, a lower Kernel version and only a few ROMs. Waiting for new updates, occasionally tried some, etc. etc. etc.

I can go on all day or even all year, if you ask me.

I was trying out this Carbon ROM that I was porting over here, so could you just look into it? And also, could you just give some info on how to port newer Lollipop ROMs to this device ? Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------
@superdragonpt , get more info here : http://xdaforums.com/android/general/roms-recoveries-karbonn-titanium-s5-t2906329

Again, THANKS !
@superdragonpt has released a KK ROM for his device.
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/rom-icial-kitkat-wiko-darkmoon-t3057362/page2
He also have mentioned the clones of his device.Is it possible that his ROM might work for our device?
The specs are almost same except the resolution..Kernal version is same(3.4.5).So can we get KK atlast?

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Precisely the problem I have been working on since I first created this thread : Porting ROMs having different Android versions to different devices having the same SoC. It isn't that easy. I have been going head over tail everyday, trying to fix it. Multi-device compatibility isn't that easy.
Summary : I wish it were, BUT IT ISN'T THAT EASY !

Of course I know its not easy.What I was trying to say was that can we get help from @superdragonpt to make KK for our device?.Heck I am fed up with MTK,next time I rather buy another handset without MTK :(

moses21729

Apr 3, 2015
hello

if any has stock rom for karbonn S5 then plzz send on this email address 'regomoses3@gmail.com'
its really urgent..
plzz send.

sandyworld25

Oct 8, 2014
Can You Guys Upload karbonn_s5_plus_v1.1_31 Firmware?? It was the 1st firmware that my s5 plus has when i purchase it but due to some reason i change the Firmware the karbonn_s5_plus_v1.1_31 is better than this one.

akshay pro

Sep 20, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus One
Google Pixel 4
Bro I can understand how u feel but theres one way of repairing ur device......
I am not responsible if it gets bricked or so
....Getting started first fully charge ur device then take off the battery and put it back...... Now download android adb available on google by searching android adb on google and the first site and download it and even download java runtime environment needed to run that adb program.... Install........
Nextly press the "power + volume up button" at a time you will be send to fastboot mode connect the device to the computer and flash a cwm recovery the proceess link is put at down for all now as u have installed cwm or any recovery do a factory reset to get back to stock rom or factory reset + clear ( cache,system,data,storages and dalvik cache) then install custom rom. On the device enjoy

Sent from my karbonn titanium s5 plus using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Device:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_titanium_s5_plus-5925.php

I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
    Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.

Download necessary files:
    1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
    2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
    3. Drivers if required

http://www.4shared.com/folder/zSTN87aV/Karboon_S5plus.html

1. Extract the zips
    2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)

3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop

rco494.jpg

Password : 9527

4. Select [config] button

(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:

Code:
    4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01.CPB

(note that it should end with CPB extension)

(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01

2co0fbb.jpg

6. Press [APPLY]

7. Select [START]

8. Connect your phone without the battery

Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.

If it encounters any problem repeat the process.

Rooting:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572238

If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.
    Device:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_titanium_s5_plus-5925.php

I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
    Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.

Download necessary files:
    1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
    2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
    3. Drivers if required

http://www.4shared.com/folder/zSTN87aV/Karboon_S5plus.html

1. Extract the zips
    2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)

3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop

rco494.jpg

Password : 9527

4. Select [config] button

(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:

Code:
    4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01.CPB

(note that it should end with CPB extension)

(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01

2co0fbb.jpg

6. Press [APPLY]

7. Select [START]

8. Connect your phone without the battery

Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.

If it encounters any problem repeat the process.

Rooting:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572238

If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.

I have followed your instructions to the word. The YGDP download program keeps getting stuck after pressing 'Apply' after selecting the CPB file and version.

Moreover, the drivers that you have given are ADB drivers. I have installed them prior to all this. But my s5+ still doesn't get detected after I connect it to my PC without the battery. It says the driver installation failed. I forgot what was the device name that was being shown.

Could you please help me out. I have accidentally deleted certain system applications and need to get them back. Thanks.
    Scatter file.

cybercrawler had asked for the scatter file of Karbonn titanium s5 plus.
    well, here it is, attached to this post.
    CWM recovery...

ClockWorkMod recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus :
    Here is the cwmrecovery.img file of karbonn titanium s5 plus, for all those who might need it.
    tr.im/RWOT
    (beware, the above link is not tried and tested ! )
    hope it helps !
    Buddy I own a Karbonn Titanium s5 Plus which i've bought 1 month ago. But unfortunately ,i installed chainfire 3d and now i'm stuck in BOOTLOOP. :( :(

I have only Rooted it and do not have any off the custom rom installed ,just the one which came in the phone
    Now, I want to get my device in its previous state it but i have disabled USB debugging options too otherwise i could have removed it earlier.

I have tried Googlin' and have searched enough XDA as well as on the other sites but nothing worked
    I am also unable to get a Working.. Stock ROM for my device
    I've SDK installed on my PC but it requires USB Debugging to be unabled

Please Guide with appropriate steps as to how should i proceed :confused: :confused:
    I'll be very Thankful :)

Flashing the stock ROM using YGDP is a 'Real pain in the Ass'.Pls don't try to do it by yourself.Trust me I have recovered from boot loops of my earlier devices many times but when my S5+ got boot loop on Friday after installing Chain fire 3D.And I spent the whole day just trying to work it around.But I couldn't. Simple solution - Give it to the service center,They'll give it back within 2 days max.I got mine in 1 hr :).Just don't try to do it by yourself. I am not telling you that you can't do it just by sitting in front of your PC.Just try to understand & save your time and above all your money. I spent useless Rs.600 on data packs for downloading and got nothing.So giving it to the service center makes sense.Cheers mate!!

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app