[Q] Help! Stuck in Kindle Fire Recovery

Search This thread

HTC_TOUCHPROUSER

Jun 7, 2010
Im stuck on the fff screen. everytime i plug in my kf it shows up in device manager so like 2 sec and disappears. What do i do? please help

b63

Dec 8, 2011
kf is in fastboot mode

use kfu option 1 - bootmode normal
or issue:
"fastboot oem idme bootmode 4000"

if it says <waiting for device> power it off by holding the pwr button for ~20sec till it turns of - pwr on again - the command should resume and finish
a second pwr off/on will bring you back to normal

prahladvarda

Jun 13, 2012
Mysore
I tried the unbricking guide on here but did not work. I could not get fastboot to work.

Here is the exact message I get on the screen:
'Your Kindle has detected a problem and must clear app storage. The recovery process will erase some applications and data from your device. Apps from the appstore are stored in the cloud and can be reinstalled later.

This will reset your kindle to its original factory settings. you will need to re-register your kindle prior to downloading items from your Amazon account.

Please press power button to proceed.'

After i press the power button I get a status bar indicating the restore, it then says success, then reboots and ultimately comes back to the same restore screen as noted above.

Any help is appreciated.

connect your kindle fire to pc and let it go to recovery and stay there..and type this in cmd without quotes

"adb devices"

if ur kindle fire shows up under list of devices, then type these without quotes:
"adb shell"
"idme bootmode 4000"
"reboot"

also note that you need to have latest firefirefire bootloader installed to get fastboot to work..;):fingers-crossed::)

divya344

Sep 4, 2012
kindle fire stuck

I unbrick my kindle fire then it suddenly shows this mssage :

Your Kindle has detected a problem and must clear app storage. The recovery process will erase some applications and data from your device. Apps from the appstore are stored in the cloud and can be reinstalled later.

This will reset your kindle to its original factory settings. you will need to re-register your kindle prior to downloading items from your Amazon account.

plz help me ia will do any thing....

i am totally noob.........

Attachments

• DSC_0341.jpg
    DSC_0341.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 51

kinfauns

Retired Senior Moderator and Retired DC Lead
Jan 5, 2012

Your Kindle has detected a problem and must clear app storage. The recovery process will erase some applications and data from your device. Apps from the appstore are stored in the cloud and can be reinstalled later.

I believe it displays this message when there is something wrong with the /data partition. I've seen it happen after a "fastboot erase" of that partition. I don't think you have much choice in the matter but to proceed by pressing the power button. You will lose the installed apps and settings, but it should (hopefully) rebuild the partition and let you start over from scratch.

divya344

Sep 4, 2012
I believe it displays this message when there is something wrong with the /data partition. I've seen it happen after a "fastboot erase" of that partition. I don't think you have much choice in the matter but to proceed by pressing the power button. You will lose the installed apps and settings, but it should (hopefully) rebuild the partition and let you start over from scratch.

But how i repair this plz..... ans me with tutorial.....

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
1. Push the button and allow kindle to rebuild
2. Re-register your kindle after it boots back up
3. Download any apps from Amazon.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

divya344

Sep 4, 2012
1. Push the button and allow kindle to rebuild
2. Re-register your kindle after it boots back up
3. Download any apps from Amazon.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

i tried but when it restart the message come again...... can i do any thing with factory cable and with image file................

colphoenix

May 27, 2008
Houston
I was stuck in recovery mode for at least 3 days, I tried everything in the book and still nothing, then I found an article saying that the KF white usb cable must be used in order to get it out of recovery mode and get it charged properly, I was using a regular usb cable. Anyway, I got my white cable out and in less than 10 minutes I was up and running flashing my KF.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:

divya344

Sep 4, 2012
I was stuck in recovery mode for at least 3 days, I tried everything in the book and still nothing, then I found an article saying that the KF white usb cable must be used in order to get it out of recovery mode and get it charged properly, I was using a regular usb cable. Anyway, I got my white cable out and in less than 10 minutes I was up and running flashing my KF.
I hope this helps.

But mine was unbrick...................... where is the recovery mode i unbrick it with update.zip...

plz help me

ancientchee

Mar 14, 2013
I've been stuck in "Kindle Fire System Recovery" ever since a botched install of CM10.1 (got to the CM loading screen, but didn't delete userdata or cache and ended up stuck there so I wiped OS, Cache and Userdata and attempted to try again, but got stuck here. I cannot connect via adb and only fastboot mode has been working.
I've tried to use my backup files
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

But it always takes me back to the "Kindle Fire System Recovery." Attempting to Reset to Factory Defaults results in rebooting and coming back to this same menu, but if I use fastboot with my backup files, it stays on the "Kindle Fire" screen until I attempt a reboot (physical or using fastboot).

I've used these guides:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128175
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128201

and these tools:
Kindle Unbrick Utility 1.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was almost there, but then I shot myself in the foot.

Ahmed Bekhit

Dec 18, 2014

Hey, were you able to fix it? I am facing the same trouble now.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

I was trying to update to 6.3.3 with TWRP. It went fine till I got stuck in a boot loop. It gives me a message like the one in the photo.
DSC_0341.jpg
If i pressed the power button, It keeps showing again and again. :confused:

I read many article and the solution was factory cable as I cant communicate with the device through USB. I did one myself, plug it in and all I got is the regular "kindle fire" logo in high brightness screen and that's it. No FFF triangle or android symbol, not the blue kindle fire logo.

Any idea how to get out of this boot loop?

Thanks and appreciate your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I came across this and couldn't find a solution to my issue. All issues seem to be different, but in my case I could have my device recognized in the Kindle Fire Utility, and it noted that I was in recovery mode. Trying to change one of the boot modes caused it to just hang at the activation screen.

While it's hanging if you just try to cancel the operation, CTRL+C, it will suddenly decide it wants to work, and then you just tell it not to stop. Then you're back in normal boot mode and business as usual.

Just thought I'd share since this was about the only thing that showed up from a series of google searches involving the words recovery loop, lol.
    While it's hanging if you just try to cancel the operation, CTRL+C, it will suddenly decide it wants to work, and then you just tell it not to stop. Then you're back in normal boot mode and business as usual.

This saved me. 2 Keystrokes...amazing