[Tool][Windows Only][Root] Android Reverse Tethering 3.19

Search This thread

totalcmdext

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2006
Nokia 8.3 5G
I have tried in HD2 device without any success.
The device is connected but it wasn't possible to share the net connection in the apk's of the device.

Any idea?

Reactions: mixanobios

neroyoung

Oct 12, 2011
Pusad, MH
Its working !!!

It did worked on my Xperia Mini Pro,Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.
I was able to use my Broadbands ADSL Router to surf internet on my mobile using USB reverse tethering.
But only the same problem i faced was i wasn't able to download from Android market but i was able to surf the market :p

Do anyone know more port numbers ? so we will be able to download from market?
Also when i tried to download SD Data for Brothers In Arms 2 Free+ by gameloft,it did not detected Internet as WIFI or as carrier network :(
So all we can do is brows the net on market or on browser and can download links with http or https thats all for now -.-
Thanks a lot for this awesome help :)

noobwithgalaxyy

Oct 19, 2011
Works on Samsung Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Y.
Able to connect in apps like facebook and twitter while sync and in-app downloads not working.

P.S. Is it possible to use it without USB connection via ADB wireless or something similar? (doesn't work for now..)
I know it is kinda' useless but would be a nice experiment I guess..

Edit: It detects the device but when I try to connect it crashes.

nHpqU.jpg

bIixN.jpg

Last edited:

simmer14

Jul 5, 2011
bookmarked and donation to u coming next month in end of jan out of paypal bal. right now !

great work simple int. superb invention !

i love u :)

thank u once again i was manually bridging connections on foryo but i was unsucessfull on GB this is great !

i thank you once again bro :)

-SiMmER

simmer14

Jul 5, 2011
hi bro something heppen to this tool :s

the very fiest time this worked and i was seeing some logs of packts in the program but it is nt working anymore..

i want to use the rev.tet. again i unistalled the android application from the phone [usb tunnel] and followed every step but the app is working anymore..

i'm getting force close error and when i press on generate bug report the pc app crashes..

i don't know weather the pc app is culprit or the android app..

hope u or someone will shed some light on my situation

ps : my phone sgs i9003

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,362
Last edited:

Jaani

Apr 25, 2011
@capslock66
superb work mate..thanxxx a lot..confirming working with LG Optimus One MDPI with CM7.. just wondering that when market will work..btw can this done via bluetooth by pan or anything????

Last edited:

simmer14

Jul 5, 2011
@jani bhai yes this can b done via bluetooth remember those s60 apps ? gnubox and others ?

btw let him fix this first and make this things stable it's still in beta..

-SiMmER

Reactions: fratermus

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
Works flawlessly!!!
This comes in handy when download some of the bigger games on the market.

I'm on Market 3.4.4 and I can download from the Market no problem. Try updating your Market!!!

Thank you =D

Last edited:
Reactions: izzoe

Jaani

Apr 25, 2011
Works flawlessly!!!
This comes in handy when download some of the bigger games on the market.

I'm on Market 3.4.4 and I can download from the Market no problem. Try updating your Market!!!

Thank you =D

How is the downloading from market is working for u??i m using the same version..wat special u r doing???:confused:

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
How is the downloading from market is working for u??i m using the same version..wat special u r doing???:confused:

I also have the same version. You probably didn't closed your wifi.
Can you try again ?

I'm not doing anything special I don't have Wifi at my house ; ; which is why I love this!!!! I updated Google map and downloaded the world of goo demo quick fast.

I'm using a Droid X² Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 when it's hooked up to my computer I set my phone to "PC mode". Everything works fine on "Mass Storage Device" but I just can't save to my SD card that way.

My phone did get buggy when I tried to disconnect part of the screen turn black and touch wasn't working. Resolved that with powering down.

My friend hard drive burned out so I'm going to try reverse tether have him sign in to Google Music to download all his songs back. If this work this programs of the gods!!!!

EDIT:

So I tried again and this is silly. It'll let me update apps in "My Apps" that need updating, but won't let me download new one.
Sorry for posting misleading info guys =/

Last edited:

override182

Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
override182.net
Working great so far, im posting this via my phone with this tool running. Big thx man. Hope to see more awesome fixes. Yes it dosent work on all apps, even speedtest.net dosent but for now its great as an early release.. thumbs up

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

navle.ahtanos

Aug 20, 2009
if I could use a proxy.
applications that I use to listen to 127.0.0.1 port 8080
how proxies were used to reverse tether to android?

sorry for my bad english :)
thx b4.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Reverse Tethering for windows users.

Tethering is the ability to surf on your pc using the 3g of your phone
    Reverse tethering is the opposite : surf on your phone using the ADSL of your PC. No Wifi or 3G connection required.

==>Troubleshooting (FAQ) <==
    Since a lot of users don't read the full article before asking for help, I will start by this section !

1. Not yet compatible with Android 5. Work on progress. Don't ask me when it will be available
    2. Android 4.3 and upper : You must install the Connectivity hack (see Connectivity hack section) before connect .
    3. Android 4.3 and upper : You must connect your phone/tablet to a working wifi or 3g once after each boot before using reverse tethering !!!
    4. This work only for rooted users and with Windows. Don't ask for linux or for some fruit operating systems !!!
    5. The tool is not compatible with "CrossBreeder" , "adaway" or other tools that change the host file (removing localhost)
    6. Tethering and reverse tethering (this tool) are not compatible at the same time, it's then not possible to turn your android phone as a wifi hotspot.
    7. If your device is not listed in the "select a device" dropdow list:
      • Ensure Usb debugging is enabled. See "Before starting the tool" section
      • The ADB subsystem is sometimes not working properly. Click the "Kill ADB" button (on Tools)
      • Your device is perhaps not installed properly. See your device manufacturer. You can download a generic driver from google here : http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html.
      • Windows can detect your device as a "Media Transfer Protocol" (MTP) or "Picture Transfer Protocol" (PTP). When you connect the usb cable, you can receive an "Usb" notification. Click the notification to change this parameter. If one don't work, take the another one...
      Click refresh or restart the tool to detect your device.
      If the connection shutdown often, try another usb cable
    8. Proxies problems :
      • Corporte proxy. The windows application is not able to traverse proxies.
        The good news is that you can use some applications like FreeCap , sockscap and proxifier.
        You must start the androidTool from one of these launchers, giving proxy adress and port.
        Thanks "edgd1er" for the information.
      • Android 3G proxy. Even if 3g is desactivated, your provider (APN) proxy may still be used by applications.
        The windows tool is not able to communicate with your provider proxy.
        Note that only a few providers include a proxy. You must remove it manually.
        The tool will give you informations on how to do it when detected.
    Installation :
    Unpack the zip file. This zip files contains the windows part, ADB and the android APK.

Before starting the tool :

• You must install drivers for your device.
      If you don't find drivers for your phone/tablet, check the Universal Naked Driver
      Other interesting tool to install Adb and drivers (32/64) : [TOOL] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer .
      Some screenshots are availables in this thread to install the driver.
    • Ensure you have debugging enabled on your phone :
      Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging > Turn On
    • Ensure you have root access AND SuperUser application installed.
      Change the superuser settings (Menu -> Preferences -> Notifications part) :
      Uncheck "Notifications" label to display "Do not show notification when an app is granted Su Permissions"
    f6K8j.png

AndroidTool

The AndroidTool.exe is the windows part
    h306a.png

The low level communication tool (ADB) is included in the zip file.
    AndroidTool will try to find ADB in c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe
    If not found he will use the provided one.

The first time you use the program :

• If you want to use another version of ADB, clik "config" and in the first tab enter the path to the ADB
    • Select the DNS server to use in the right list. On complex system, some dns can be detected.

Start reverse tethering
    Just click “Connect”.
    If it's the first time you use the program, This will install the latest android package and the dependencies (busybox and redsocks).
    The SuperUser process may ask you to allow “Usb tunnel”

xwNDm.jpg

If the android process crash after receiving superuser rights, close the windows program and start again.

The android interface (first tab) will show connections forwarded to windows.
    Others tabs are just for debugging. Send the log on this thread in case of problem.

Start your browser
    Google chrome will complain that no connection is available. Don’t care. That work.
    Firefox , opera and dolphin don’t have problem with that !!!

The current version of the application can’t forward low level ICMP packet (PING).
    From Android Os point of vue, there is no internet connection.

Command line prompt :

The windows tool is a "One click" application. Just click the "Connect" button.
    But you can add parameters to directly connect when the program start.
    Here are the supported commands : Device:xxxx (where xxxx is the device id), Connect, Disconnect, KillAdb, LogToClipboard, Show, Hide, Quit
    Parameter sample : Device:123465789 Connect Hide
    Create a second shortcut with Disconnect Quit parameters to stop connection and close the application.

Connectivity hack :

This will install some low level program to install a "fake" Wifi for browsers and google play market.
    Don't worry, I didn't brick my phone and tablet during the development.

The Xposed framework author and me are not responsible for anything you do with your phone/tablet/rice cooker.
    This work for android 4.X, but an experimental version of the Xposed framework for Gingerbread made by liudongmiao can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44034334#post44034334 (no support from my side)

• On the windows program, go to tools tab and click "install hack"
    • Launch the Xposed Installer (you just installed) on your android and click on "Install/Update"
    • Go to the module tab and check the HackConnectivityService (see screenshot below)
    • Reboot the phone
    • Done!
      This work for market but also for some other programs (some games,skype,hangouts...)

Ex8qfXS.png

For older android 2.x or 3.x version :
    The application want to have an active 3G or Wifi network interface.
    Some market applications are tagged "Wifi" only.
    To get around this problem, you can activate the 3G BEFORE starting reverse tethering,all the data will goes to the usb.
    Tips : You can connect to some wifi hotspot not protected by a key.
    It's only when you want to surf that the hotspot ask you a user/password.
    But, at this point, we have an 'active' connection. Market download should work after starting reverse tethering.

Not fully working application but work if you install the HackConnectivityService on android 4.x:

• Market download
    • Spotify
    • Skype. (not checked yet)
    • If someone know another one, post a reply !

History :

Version 3.19
    • Added some rights for sdcard access.
    • New windows icons.

Version 3.18
    • Fixed Xposed HackConnectivityService module. You must click "install hack" to update it
    • Small bug fix.

Version 3.17
    • Updated Xposed framework installer 2.4.1
    • Small bug fix.

For Linux ,Mac OS X , I recommand this guide (from @phamthanhnam ) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2287494 .
    This required entering a lot of manual commands on both android and the PC each time you want to connect (reserved to power "geek" users).
    This work also for windows, but much more complicated, compared to this "One click" connect tool. I let user chose the solution he want...

I will not respond to email or private message. If you want support, post a reply on this forum.

Do you like this program ? Want to make a donation ? Send any amount to my paypal account (click the donate button on left)

Please read FAQ on top of the page before asking for help.

Older versions were removed (416611 downloads)
    Unpack the zip file. This zip files contains the windows part, ADB and the android APK.

You MUST uninstall previous version. If you don’t find it, run a dos command prompt on the installation folder and enter this command : Adb uninstall service.tracetool

Ensure you have debugging enabled on your phone :
    Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging > Turn On

Run the windows program : AndroidTool.exe

The first time you use the program, click on “Show Android interface”. This will install the package and the dependencies (busybox and redsocks).
    The SuperUser process may ask you to allow “Usb tunnel”

To start tethering click “Connect”.
    Again, The SuperUser process may ask you to allow “Usb tunnel”

If the android process crash after receiving superuser rights, close the windows program and start again. (It’s a beta)

The android interface will show connections forwarded to windows.

Start your browser
    Google chrome will complain that no connection is available. Don’t care. That work.
    Firefox , opera and dolphin don’t have problem with that !!!

The current version of the application can’t forward low level ICMP packet (PING).
    From Android Os point of vue, there is no internet connection.

Market :
    The search market work, but due to the same connection problem, it’s not possible to download. I hope Google will fix the market.

I was looking to get some internet access on alpha build of ics for galaxy tab... Hope this works..will try and let you know..thanks for the good work...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
    Galaxy S II (GT-I9100) on CyanogenMod 7.1, using SiyahKernel 2.2b6, doesn't work. Using Windows 7 x86, with correct drivers installed. Can't get past the step of clicking 'Show Android Interface'. Clicks, but nothing happens. No devices are listed within the program.

If the device is not listed, it's not a problem related with reverse tethering. It's a driver or installation problem !
    Google play announce.

After a LOT of search and experimentations,
    I am now able to download from market (play) without having any connection (Wi-Fi/3G).

A new version is not for today. A lot of work is still to be done.
    One drawback: This will work only on Android 4.X

More info later...
    Will you update it for Android 5?

I am waiting for a stable android 5 version formy a500
    Xposed framework for android 5 is still in beta