[ROM] Twisted_Asanti_pre-BUILD1 ~2/23~

Search This thread

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
[ROM] (Almost) Stock ROM ~~FLASHABLE~~

Hmm. Quite possibly could be my sdcard, it is really slow and over the past year or two it's seen more than its fair share of Roms being copied to it and flashed from it and music and nandroids lol. I think I've got an 8gb one somewhere around that'd probably make my life easier when working on this.

Gojira-r32

Jan 1, 2013
zero and ones
possible to add this batery mod into the rom?

as when i flash it, i loose lots of other mods that are in you're rom.

it's the mod that gives the battery lines on top or below screen in a line, advancing color how much you're bat is
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1371330

for some reason i don't get the Systemui.apk not right back compiled, with the *.smali files etc added

Attachments

• battbar-top-toggles.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Rangerbry

Oct 20, 2011
san jose
probably not to noticable and the appstore version has more features i belive. I did make this mod for the original software version for the phone but there didnt seem to be much interest for it so i didnt continue it but the systemui.apk is still there maybe you can get it working on his rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1922956

Gojira-r32

Jan 1, 2013
zero and ones
the problem is like i said, for some reason i don't get the systemui.apk back compiled.
and for the other mods are also in systemui.apk of framework-res.apk, and this one i whant it also in there.

i don't whant another service running even if it's not noticable

pwnyourace said:
Heck yea man that would be awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

To the OP my little sister ended up needing a phone several days ago so i gave her my second photon Q - fear not though I am still supporting the idea of sending you one for your work, I have $60 towards another Photon Q if anyone wants to put up with me I see them for $100 or less locallly on craigslist.

discipler

Mar 4, 2008
Thanks

I've been running this "Almost" Stock Rom for a couple of days and so far so good. No issues. It's mostly stock but with Arrrgh's kernel on top of this, it's running fast and smooth. Thanks for the work on this. Unlocking and Rooting have been a good choice even with few options for flashing cooked ROMs.

gtownswagga

Oct 27, 2010
Installed the new build all is good...figured id tell you the google play bloat wasnt removed its still the full google store... Thanks for your hard work

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
Installed the new build all is good...figured id tell you the google play bloat wasnt removed its still the full google store... Thanks for your hard work

well the google play store is supposed to be there but like the shopper app and magazines and books and etc i got out. dont really want to go much further with debloating the rom because i dont have the phone anymore so i cant see if it breaks things or has adverse effects.

spyderkoz

Oct 7, 2010
Buffalo, Ny
Only problem i see with the new update is the keyboard is not lighting up other then that all is good

sent from my giant f$%&en Q

gtownswagga

Oct 27, 2010
My keyboard lights up fine on new build... but its murdering my battery hardcore for some reason

tetrabyt

Oct 8, 2010
Orlando, Fl
OnePlus 9 Pro
My keyboard lights up fine on new build... but its murdering my battery hardcore for some reason

I will have to agree with gtownswagga. My battery is dying so much quicker now. And the rom Seems a bit slower, but I chalked that one up to having to refill the caches.

Oh yea, and my keyboard back light is working fine too.. :)

Sent from my XT897 using xda premium

gabestover

Jul 15, 2007
I did when I flashed this. Tried dirty flashing as well as wiping everything and flashing clean. Using the newest TWRP as well. Restored a backup from before flashing to get things working again.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

spyderkoz

Oct 7, 2010
Buffalo, Ny
Reflashed keypad working now, just a problem with the soft keys but i have a feeling that could be something i may have done...

sent from my giant f$%&en Q

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on asanti_c-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14
    Trying to finish off what I know how to do on this ROM, I no longer own this phone but I will try my best to help solve any issues I may have caused lol. Hopefully someone can pick this up and do more with it than I know how to.
    Whats been done:
    • Removed Google Play Bloat like magazines, shopper, and the rest- can redownload from the market if you want them
    • Updated stock apps (possibly not on the latest versions let me know which ones aren't and I'll have them updated for the final build1)
    • build.prop tweaks
    • zipalign on boot
    • sqlite optimize on boot
    • latest 1.0.5 superSU app and binary
    • advance powermenu (thanks rangerbry)
    • 1% battery icon and toggles (thanks rangerbry)
    • few media_profile.xml edits
    • Opted framework jars and apks
    • Smooth scroll hack
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned Mx0
    • init.d enabled
    • Sped up some integers in the framework
    • Removed 300kb data throttle
    • Tweaked how it handled memory (not minfree/multitasking mods but actually how it handles memory for the better)
    • Unsecure boot.img for ADB commands (can remount and push/pull)
    • Added busybox, bash, sysro/sysrw, zipalign, and sqlite3 binaries
    • Enabled toggle in camera app to disable shutter sound (under settings in the camera app)
    • Disabled ongoing IME switcher notification

DOWNLOAD LINK

Notes:
    This is pre-build1. Build1 will probably be the last build for this ROM. I'm reaching the end of my road on what I know how to do and I don't own the phone anymore. Probably sometime tomarrow I'll upload a plain stock rooted ROM for people to mess with if they want to make their own ROM theres no point in reinventing the wheel trying to get it to flash or work properly from scratch. I encourage you to download the stock roms or even this rom and make more ROMs for this phone! I really hope I at least got the ball rolling.
    Werd, those were the good ol days. Flashing this right away. Appreciate the work in advance.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Would you continue working on this ROM if I sent you a Photon Q free of charge?
    Sorry I meant to quote pwnyourface - the offer is extended to him if he wishes to accept it.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Heck yea man that would be awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Please PM me with your full name & address I'll send it out this week.
    Hope you guys enjoy the update:)
    key lime pie will prolly b out before we get jelly bean :( hilarious