|ROM| HAMMERHEAD | AOSP | KitKat | 4.4 | S3 | 11-30-2013

Search This thread

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
Android 4.4

S3 builds are focused on being a simple, stable, and "stock-like" experience for your Android device.

View the source code at: http://github.com/jakdillard

----------

Developed by:
Jakdillard

----------

Devices currently supported:
Asus Nexus 7 (2013)
LG Nexus 5

S3 includes modifications to extend the basic functions of Android. With each update to Android, S3 features may change to work with the current version.

Feature list:
- Full Google Experience
- Clear Recents with VM Cache drop
- Reboot In Power menu
- Screenshot In Power menu (enable in developers settings)
- Advanced Reboot options (enable in developers settings)
- Swapped "on click" and "longpress" behavior for WIFI, Mobile network, and BlueTooth tiles
- Init.d support
- SuperSU root

Instructions:

First time flashing device, or coming from another ROM?

Download the zip(s).
Optional: adb backup
Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash ROM.

Known Issues:
This rom contains AOSP versions of Gallery2 and Camera2 which does not contain Google features such as HDR+ and Picasa album viewing. Also I DO NOT USE FACE LOCK SO I DIDN'T INCLUDE IT SINCE I BELIEVE ITS A WASTE OF SPACE.

ROM: Link

G-Apps (INCLUDED)

Follow the above link for the complete source to make your own changes or to completely debug down to the core of the rom also follow my github for detailed changes.

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project.

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
Want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-53-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-53-08.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,742
  • Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-52-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-52-12.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 1,853
  • Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-52-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-52-52.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,618
  • Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-53-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-53-25.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,634
Last edited:

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
So does this have the clock reset problem? Location problem etc compared to the other AOSP ROM?

Possible to make a Add-on for stock Google Camera with it's libs or something, as HDR+ is missing :)

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
So does this have the clock reset problem? Location problem etc compared to the other AOSP ROM?

Possible to make a Add-on for stock Google Camera with it's libs or something, as HDR+ is missing :)

I only work with the source part (time really is limited) however I believe that I read in a thread in the nexus4 development that Banks has a g-apps packages for kk with the camera in it

Reactions: z28tovette

pa.pn2

i've been running it for a day now w/ faux kernel. Currently my battery is @ 54% w/ a screen on time of 1hr 54 mins. i should be able to make it past 4 hrs of screen on time without a problem. it was worth it to me
im asking cause im looking for a not bloated rom.just need a quick and snappy rom....did u had any problems with wiping in twrp?

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

mhhh installation aborted with twrp.any idea?

Last edited:

KingBeike

What features are planned to be in the Rom in the future ? Battery %, quick titles mod, quick pulldown, led notification and quick pin unlock are The things i need

Want no apps for it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
You could install via twrp? What the heck. Had no success. Installation aborted. Any trick?

Bad download,

It's worked for me as well, Google Now is working, location etc is fine.

Only gripe is that flashing Google Camera HDR+ force closes, any chance you'll look into this?

And since your adding small work in like extra power menu, any chance you'll add volume up and down for music skip and lockscreen quick unlock for security :)

I'll probably flash your ROM on my Flo soon, I like using same things on both device!

Reactions: pa.pn2

pa.pn2

Bad download,

Only gripe is that flashing Google Camera HDR+ force closes, any chance you'll look into this?

And since your adding small work in like extra power menu, any chance you'll add volume up and down for music skip and lockscreen quick unlock for security :)

I'll probably flash your ROM on my Flo soon, I like using same things on both device!
could someone please reup somewhere else please?
dev-host sucks for me...

proxuser

Jul 2, 2010
www.emexci.com
Bad download,

for hdr+ fix look here

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47122543&postcount=2

Reactions: MrPhilo and pa.pn2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.4

S3 builds are focused on being a simple, stable, and "stock-like" experience for your Android device.

View the source code at: http://github.com/jakdillard

----------

Developed by:
    Jakdillard

----------

Devices currently supported:
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013)
    LG Nexus 5

S3 includes modifications to extend the basic functions of Android. With each update to Android, S3 features may change to work with the current version.

Feature list:
    - Full Google Experience
    - Clear Recents with VM Cache drop
    - Reboot In Power menu
    - Screenshot In Power menu (enable in developers settings)
    - Advanced Reboot options (enable in developers settings)
    - Swapped "on click" and "longpress" behavior for WIFI, Mobile network, and BlueTooth tiles
    - Init.d support
    - SuperSU root

Instructions:

First time flashing device, or coming from another ROM?

Download the zip(s).
    Optional: adb backup
    Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash ROM.

Known Issues:
    This rom contains AOSP versions of Gallery2 and Camera2 which does not contain Google features such as HDR+ and Picasa album viewing. Also I DO NOT USE FACE LOCK SO I DIDN'T INCLUDE IT SINCE I BELIEVE ITS A WASTE OF SPACE.

ROM: Link

G-Apps (INCLUDED)

Follow the above link for the complete source to make your own changes or to completely debug down to the core of the rom also follow my github for detailed changes.

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project.

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
    Want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs.
    http://d-h.st/Kbf

This is a major update from the last time I posted I HAVE FIXED THE SPRINT DATA ISSUES YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR PROFILE AND PRL FROM MY ROM NOW.
    Is the source code for SuperSU available now? If so could you please post a link?

Thanks.

Ok most AOSP roms use closed-sourced binary to provide a working device in example your device will not boot past the Google screen if you built a rom without adding the proprietary binary that AOSP licensed for redistribution to make the graphics and such work. In my rom I use a little more closed-source binary such as the bootanimation, and the DRM drivers. You are questioning "SuperSU" in which Chainfire gives developers permission to embed in their roms

"ROM Developers

Feel free to include the (free version, unmodified) SuperSU APK in your ROMs. You do not need to ask me for permission to include it."
    -Chainfire

while this "binary" is not open source I do include it in my rom. I honestly do not know where you were going with your post but please be advised that any "trolling" of any kind will not be tolerated by me, I will report post that badger me or any member of this forum that gets badgered in any thread I open.
    is it worth flashing this rom?

i've been running it for a few hours now w/ faux kernel. Currently my battery is @ 54% w/ a screen on time of 1hr 54 mins. i should be able to make it past 4 hrs of screen on time without a problem. it was worth it to me
    Bad download,

for hdr+ fix look here

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47122543&postcount=2