Search This thread

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
iofN5yAtlWHo7.png

Code:
Disclaimer: Chameleon OS is currently in beta. While it runs very well,
there may be things that are not completely functional. The development team is
not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Chameleon OS (or ChaOS for short) is a custom Android ROM that gives the user more control than they can experience on any other Android ROM. Starting with a CyanogenMOD base, we customize each piece to give ultimate control while maintaining the simplicity we all love about Android. The most notable feature of ChaOS is the theme engine, which can apply different pieces of themes in a true mix-and-match style. The launcher has been completely overhauled with tons of options that you'd normally need to download a third-party launcher for, such as home screen previews, folder sorting, and folder icon styles. The Messaging app has also had some UI retouches, including messaging bubbles and quick emoji button.

The entire framework of ChaOS has been modified around the theme engine, allowing for custom fonts, boot animations (with animated preview), and themes. No longer do you have to try to find the perfect theme, with Chameleon OS you can patch it together with your favorite pieces from different themes. Messaging, Phone, Status Bar, icons, everything can be set completely individually from each other which provides the capabilities to completely re-imagine your phone. Creating themes for the ChaOS Theme Engine is superbly simple and has extreme versatility.

Even with all of the features we've currently implemented, ChaOS will continue to mature with even more refined settings and features. We will be completely open source and will welcome developers to join us, whether it be by maintaining a device or utilizing our gerrit review. Even if you're not a developer, your voice will not go unheard. We will continually poll our users for the most wanted features and do our best to implement them.

Features:
http://www.chameleonos.org/features.php

What's Not Working?
  • Can't use Themes tab in settings, must use Theme Manager app.
  • Nothing else I know of
  • You tell me
  • GPS

Screenshots
opscreens.png

Code:
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for giving us an easy foundation to develop
ChaOS for mutiple devices

Instructions:

This ROM, like any other Kit Kat ROM, needs to be flashed using either the latest CWM or the updated TWRP.

Wipe Cache / Factory Reset
Install ROM
Install 4.4 GApps
If not using full GApps install keyboard addon that can be found http://d-h.st/ed9
Reboot

Download Link
https://anonfiles.com/file/43af0a8910a0b6129fbdb27e775f6dfa

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2a2Wfko18kNUC1XLWRDbzBadEU/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Thank you for this, can't wait to flash

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Doesn't download for me from this anonfiles link.

Uploaded Google Drive link use it. Sorry the anon link works fine for me but I have two up now. Also, for root access you must manually go into developer options and toggle apps and adb.

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Thanks all feedback is appreciated. Please report any bugs and remember to flash keyboard gapp add-on if you don't flash full gapps

Reactions: solrac.dc

knapz

Apr 25, 2011
What mobile browser are you guys using to download? Chrome beta and Dolphin are not working for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

abimael08

Jan 9, 2013
Delaware The Great Boring State
What mobile browser are you guys using to download? Chrome beta and Dolphin are not working for me.

I used NextBrowser on mobile, downloaded just fine from Google drive link.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Thanks all feedback is appreciated. Please report any bugs and remember to flash keyboard gapp add-on if you don't flash full gapps

Torch acts a little weird, force closes a few times. && changing the status bar clock to the center, makes it disappear, other than that, not bad, great work.

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Thanks will work on that, this is the first Rom I've released for anyone but myself. I will be maintaining this thread as much as I can with twin two year old girls.

vergilbt

Sep 14, 2010
Wasn't able to install the ROM via latest twrp... no progress in install bar
had aborted, was the
zip from Google drive.
Anybody with same experience?

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Want say what? I have to wait longer for finishing installation?

Either it was a bad download or you didnt wait long enough. I'm using Phil's recovery and it took a few minutes but flashed fine. Try a new download and flash again. If not download the PHils recovery zip, flash through TWRP and then reflash. Phil's will resore TWRP backups so all of your backups will be fine and you can flash it straight through your recovery, no fastboot needed.

Reactions: vergilbt

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Torch acts a little weird, force closes a few times. && changing the status bar clock to the center, makes it disappear, other than that, not bad, great work.

The status bar clock problem is in the stock theme so there isnt much I can do about that right now, but for a temporary fix go into theme manager and download another theme and apply. Ive tried multipple from the Chameleon forums link and they are all nice. Will have a look at torch tomorrow and see if I can't push an update either tomorrow or the next day to fix that. Also I will try to get a better site to upload to fo you guys to download from.

Reactions: knapz and abimael08

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama

Is there anyway you could pull a log for me on the torch fc? I had to let my wife use mine so I'm not going to be able to pull it until late tomorrow night and I would like to be working on it before then.

Reactions: abimael08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iofN5yAtlWHo7.png

Code:
    Disclaimer: Chameleon OS is currently in beta. While it runs very well,
    there may be things that are not completely functional. The development team is
    not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Chameleon OS (or ChaOS for short) is a custom Android ROM that gives the user more control than they can experience on any other Android ROM. Starting with a CyanogenMOD base, we customize each piece to give ultimate control while maintaining the simplicity we all love about Android. The most notable feature of ChaOS is the theme engine, which can apply different pieces of themes in a true mix-and-match style. The launcher has been completely overhauled with tons of options that you'd normally need to download a third-party launcher for, such as home screen previews, folder sorting, and folder icon styles. The Messaging app has also had some UI retouches, including messaging bubbles and quick emoji button.

The entire framework of ChaOS has been modified around the theme engine, allowing for custom fonts, boot animations (with animated preview), and themes. No longer do you have to try to find the perfect theme, with Chameleon OS you can patch it together with your favorite pieces from different themes. Messaging, Phone, Status Bar, icons, everything can be set completely individually from each other which provides the capabilities to completely re-imagine your phone. Creating themes for the ChaOS Theme Engine is superbly simple and has extreme versatility.

Even with all of the features we've currently implemented, ChaOS will continue to mature with even more refined settings and features. We will be completely open source and will welcome developers to join us, whether it be by maintaining a device or utilizing our gerrit review. Even if you're not a developer, your voice will not go unheard. We will continually poll our users for the most wanted features and do our best to implement them.

Features:
    http://www.chameleonos.org/features.php

What's Not Working?
    • Can't use Themes tab in settings, must use Theme Manager app.
    • Nothing else I know of
    • You tell me
    • GPS

Screenshots
    opscreens.png

Code:
    We would like to thank CyanogenMod for giving us an easy foundation to develop
    ChaOS for mutiple devices

Instructions:

This ROM, like any other Kit Kat ROM, needs to be flashed using either the latest CWM or the updated TWRP.

Wipe Cache / Factory Reset
    Install ROM
    Install 4.4 GApps
    If not using full GApps install keyboard addon that can be found http://d-h.st/ed9
    Reboot

Download Link
    https://anonfiles.com/file/43af0a8910a0b6129fbdb27e775f6dfa

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2a2Wfko18kNUC1XLWRDbzBadEU/edit?usp=sharing
    Is this rom dead? I know CM pulled a (the?) lead developer from the team and from the looks of your gerrit, nothing has been submitted in over a month

Not dead. Developer just moved , ssd crashed and doesn't have internet yet, so he can't sync.

Thread Closed as per OP, thank you.

The status bar clock problem is in the stock theme so there isnt much I can do about that right now, but for a temporary fix go into theme manager and download another theme and apply. Ive tried multipple from the Chameleon forums link and they are all nice. Will have a look at torch tomorrow and see if I can't push an update either tomorrow or the next day to fix that. Also I will try to get a better site to upload to fo you guys to download from.
    So I noticed that this ROM doesn't have a separate messaging app and it uses hangouts. What is the app that is in the screen shots? I can't stand using hangouts as my sms app :/ liking the rom so far, did notce that I can't use the back button on screen to pull up the notifications bar. Is this just me? thanks! :good:

Your Gapps package removed it, it is included.

Its going well so far, been at work all day so haven't really tested it too much. I did notice that it doe not like the xposed framework, is this correct?

xposed won't work with this, the framework has been heavily modified for the theme engine.

I haven't tried it I will as soon as I get home but I don't know why it wouldn't. What happens when you run it

Hi DREWHAMM974, a couple of your bug fixes are sitting in review.chameleonos.org (themes in settings, and apn editor, not sure about torch, it did not work on the couple of test builds i ran for N5, but it does work on N4.
    Did you make your own device tree? or did you use the hammerhead stuff on our github? GPS wasn't working on the test builds, and the guy that made that tree got too busy to finish. Anyways, thanks for putting this together. Once 0xD34D is finished moving, I'm sure he will continue to develop this in his free time. Feel free to contact me if you have questions, or need something tested or logged.