[GUIDE] Enable a New style of Recent Apps and Notification Panel!

Search This thread

Mikyno

Sep 1, 2012
Roma
Introduction

Since the 4.4.2 leak we have is based on the same rom of Note 2014 and Note Pro 12.2, we have built in some of their features. One of this "feature" is the new layout for recent apps and notification panel !

Disclaimer​

I am not responsible if this guide will brick, break or destroy your device or your house. You are following this guide because YOU want.​

Guide​

To enable the new style you have to :

- Use a file explorer with root permissions
- Mount R/W
- Go in system folder and backup your build.prop
- Open build.prop and change these lines : "ro.product.name=viennaltexx" , "ro.product.device=viennalte" , "ro.product.model=SM-P905"
- Save and Exit
- Reboot

Screenshot :

http://oi62.tinypic.com/s6pslw.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/33v24xx.jpg

Credits to :

@izap for the 4.4.2 leak
@benni2903 for the guide in note 2014 forum :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaizoku-Otaku

rasputin981

Nov 16, 2012
I really like rounded notification toggles and recent apps with this mod, but there is a drawback. Polaris office 5 for tablets won't work in this mod, it shows unsupported device dialogue over documents. However, you can install Polaris 5 from S4,it will work, but it's not tablet optimized.

I would really like to make Polaris for tablets work in this mod, so if anyone have a clue how to do that? :))

Mikyno

Sep 1, 2012
Roma
I really like rounded notification toggles and recent apps with this mod, but there is a drawback. Polaris office 5 for tablets won't work in this mod, it shows unsupported device dialogue over documents. However, you can install Polaris 5 from S4,it will work, but it's not tablet optimized.

I would really like to make Polaris for tablets work in this mod, so if anyone have a clue how to do that? :))
Use Hancom for Note Pro 12.2. It's really good, much better than polaris office. Trust me

wait is this only for the leak or can this work other roms aswell?
Only for 4.4.2 leaked from samsung

Reactions: rasputin981

rasputin981

Nov 16, 2012
It works without build.prop editing :)

It's good, but lack some features from Polaris, or I'm just used to P. Anyway, I managed to make it work :)

So, if anyone wants to use build.prop tweaks for recent apps and notification toggles from Note Pro, and retain functionality of Polaris 5 for tablets you can edit build.prop this way:

ro.product.name=viennaltexx" , "ro.product.device=viennalte" , "ro.product.model=SM-P601“

So, difference is from SM-P905 to SM-P601 (note 2014 edition)

Make sure you have updated Polaris 5 before that (make that in original build.prop)

Anyway, that worked for me :)

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Lol, I didn't downloaded whole office at first . You're right, much better than Polaris :))

Reactions: Mikyno

Mikyno

Sep 1, 2012
Roma
It's good, but lack some features from Polaris, or I'm just used to P. Anyway, I managed to make it work :)

So, if anyone wants to use build.prop tweaks for recent apps and notification toggles from Note Pro, and retain functionality of Polaris 5 for tablets you can edit build.prop this way:

ro.product.name=viennaltexx" , "ro.product.device=viennalte" , "ro.product.model=SM-P601“

Make sure you have updated Polaris 5 before that (make that in original build.prop)

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Lol, I didn't downloaded whole office at first . You're right, much better than Polaris :))
Oh ok ahah I think it's really really better. Just the time to get used :)

dennygrawg

Apr 4, 2012
Johannesburg
Great mod but I have noticed that installing this breaks the stock dialer app and makes other dialer related apps unusable Has anyone experienced the same issue.?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mikyno

Sep 1, 2012
Roma
Great mod but I have noticed that installing this breaks the stock dialer app and makes other dialer related apps unusable Has anyone experienced the same issue.?

Sorry man didn't noticed that as I don't use the tablet to call. Dialer and which other app is not working anymore with this mod?

dennygrawg

Apr 4, 2012
Johannesburg
Sorry man didn't noticed that as I don't use the tablet to call. Dialer and which other app is not working anymore with this mod?

The only other thing I noticed is that the in call icon remains in the status bar and the system sort of freezes. And if you do make a call from another dialer app it doesn't show the call progress in the notification bar as is usual

Reactions: ferrnando

Mikyno

Sep 1, 2012
Roma
The only other thing I noticed is that the in call icon remains in the status bar and the system sort of freezes. And if you do make a call from another dialer app it doesn't show the call progress in the notification bar as is usual

So, anyone have any ideas on how we can add these features without modding the build.prop?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Sorry guys but I am porting Aircommand now and can't look into that.. maybe in the future but don't know :(

animelover

Dec 21, 2004
Berlin
Too bad, too bad.

This mod still works with the official KitKat update, but the Note 10.1 won't be recognized on the Samsung App Store anymore. Loved the Hancom Office from the Leak...

rasputin981

Nov 16, 2012
Too bad, too bad.

This mod still works with the official KitKat update, but the Note 10.1 won't be recognized on the Samsung App Store anymore. Loved the Hancom Office from the Leak...

There's a fix in Mikyno rom thread. You can have now note pro toggles without modifying build.prop and dialer will work. Of course, if you want Hancom, download it with modified build.prop and then revert back to original. Hancom will still work. And if update come for Hancom, just edit build.prop again, and download update, simple as that :) you can go back and forth by need :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Since the 4.4.2 leak we have is based on the same rom of Note 2014 and Note Pro 12.2, we have built in some of their features. One of this "feature" is the new layout for recent apps and notification panel !

Disclaimer​

I am not responsible if this guide will brick, break or destroy your device or your house. You are following this guide because YOU want.​

Guide​

To enable the new style you have to :

- Use a file explorer with root permissions
    - Mount R/W
    - Go in system folder and backup your build.prop
    - Open build.prop and change these lines : "ro.product.name=viennaltexx" , "ro.product.device=viennalte" , "ro.product.model=SM-P905"
    - Save and Exit
    - Reboot

Screenshot :

http://oi62.tinypic.com/s6pslw.jpg
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/33v24xx.jpg

Credits to :

@izap for the 4.4.2 leak
    @benni2903 for the guide in note 2014 forum :)
    What's the launcher you're using in the first screenshot? (http://oi62.tinypic.com/s6pslw.jpg)
    Xperia Z2 launcher :) Install as normal apk and press thanks button :D

Use Hancom for Note Pro 12.2. It's really good, much better than polaris office. Trust me

wait is this only for the leak or can this work other roms aswell?
    Only for 4.4.2 leaked from samsung