[PORTED!][BOUNTY TO BE FULLFULLED]Tachi PhoneCanvas - NOW WORKS ON ALL VGA DEVICES!!!

Search This thread

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Should refocus our efforts back to this canvas now...

Bout time someone get's the gist. :p

I was talking to a friend on MSN yesterday, a well known XDA contributor who I will leave un-named for the sake of his privacy, decided it was pertinent to give me his opinion on that whole sshizzaam of a phone canvas fake out..

"Those guys were a bunch of nobodies. They saw the pledges and how high the bounty was. They decided to fabricate this WHOLE sharade in order to get people to start paying up on their pledges. Then postpone the project, indefinitely, taking the money from those poor stupid people who paid before actually getting the phone canvas. A typical scam..."
Honestly this makes a lot of sense... We really need to shift our focus's now and try to get this canvas completed. Else, we can't get the Rhodium OR Topaz Manila fully fixed.

Dan.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Bout time someone get's the gist. :p

I was talking to a friend on MSN yesterday, a well known XDA contributor who I will leave un-named for the sake of his privacy, decided it was pertinent to give me his opinion on that whole sshizzaam of a phone canvas fake out..

"Those guys were a bunch of nobodies. They saw the pledges and how high the bounty was. They decided to fabricate this WHOLE sharade in order to get people to start paying up on their pledges. Then postpone the project, indefinitely, taking the money from those poor stupid people who paid before actually getting the phone canvas. A typical scam..."
Honestly this makes a lot of sense... We really need to shift our focus's now and try to get this canvas completed. Else, we can't get the Rhodium OR Topaz Manila fully fixed.

Dan.
For those that don't mind a few issues, I have posted a usable canvas. I'm not claiming the bounty, as it's not finished, but it should at least permit development of TF3D2.

I'm currently working on this (and have been in contact with ND4SPD) but I still have a few exams left, so may take some time. I've already posted what I've done so far, so people don't have to bother adjusting the resource scripts. What needs to be done now is some ASM/HEX work.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
For those that don't mind a few issues, I have posted a usable canvas. I'm not claiming the bounty, as it's not finished, but it should at least permit development of TF3D2.

I'm currently working on this (and have been in contact with ND4SPD) but I still have a few exams left, so may take some time. I've already posted what I've done so far, so people don't have to bother adjusting the resource scripts. What needs to be done now is some ASM/HEX work.

Where's the download???....lol :D

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Sorry. I haven't been on much but when XDA sends an email this one is updated I check it. Must have missed that one somehow. Thanks.

No problem.

You might get a certificate error, but the files in the zip can be copied to your device manually (kill cprog) and then install the .reg file as well.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
If I remember right me and ND4SPD got the incoming call working. I am going to dig through this and see what I can come up with

Oh awesome. I haven't yet tried... I've been mostly working on in call screen stuff as it's the harder, more screwed up part.

The incoming call may well be a resource script thing that I need to edit.

Soaa-

Feb 11, 2009
Montreal
soaa.me
Fufufufufu. It make my phone hard-reset. I guess it's flashing time! I'll stand back and let more competent people work on this while I watch. :)

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
well i got a sprint diamond with mighty rom 4.8 and it wouldnt install. said it wasnt digitaly signed by a trusted certificate. idk i might need to dosomething else or maybe cook it in with a kitchen.

MikeKnoop

Dec 27, 2008
www.mikeknoop.com
I tested it on my CDMA and got the unsigned error. I didn't try to manually load it but I resigned all the files and cabbed those up and it worked.

EDIT: Also, I got the default dialer screen after I did this, and the incoming call gave the default winmo screen. Also, the ROM I was using was still unable to call out using the manilla contacts screen and tab.

-Mike

Last edited:

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Fufufufufu. It make my phone hard-reset. I guess it's flashing time! I'll stand back and let more competent people work on this while I watch. :)
Crap... Sorry!

well i got a sprint diamond with mighty rom 4.8 and it wouldnt install. said it wasnt digitaly signed by a trusted certificate. idk i might need to dosomething else or maybe cook it in with a kitchen.
Cooking it should work, as does copying across all the files

I tested it on my CDMA and got the unsigned error. I didn't try to manually load it but I resigned all the files and cabbed those up and it worked.

-Mike
Good to know. I'll resign all the files next time then!

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
will they ned to be signed before i copy the files over to the directory? or should things be cool? just tryin to avoid waistin time.

jossgray

Mar 28, 2009
this is great, looks like progress is being made

edit, does this mean we can use the new topaz manilla with this rough dialer

Last edited:

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
will they ned to be signed before i copy the files over to the directory? or should things be cool? just tryin to avoid waistin time.
You should be cool to just copy files across. Please note that if you do it this way, you can't uninstall it.

this is great, looks like progress is being made

edit, does this mean we can use the new topaz manilla with this rough dialer
In theory yes (I did try it out some time ago, and everything worked well, though I haven't tried with the latest build)

Sweet stuff, JMZ. I can't wait for it.

Do you think it'll fix some Manila bugs from Juicy's ROM?
As I said above, probably will fix some TF3D2 bugs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have one issue right now with this dialer. Call history the bottom bar is missing I see the regular scroll HTC bar? I'll be sending my pledge in this friday thanks for all those who worked so hard on this
    ITs fixed, there was an installer in earlier posts that solved the issue